Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred June 24th, 2016 04:38 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2097798)
Considering her ability to courier items, perhaps allow her to pick up Treasure Glyphs without stopping and allow her to pass them off also to adjacent friendly figures.
(This is how Equipment Glyphs work in C3G.)

That would be a really useful and unique ability in classic 'Scape.

Good idea. I was thinking OM's but didn't like that as much as your idea.

McHotcakes June 24th, 2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2097722)
doesn't she take handguns off of her enemies?

She does. But she is often seen with a handgun in the promotional stuff and IIRC in one cut scene she just has a handgun with her. So it isn't like there's not a precedent for her having a gun with her from the get go.

Quote:

I just thought of a weird concept for the character to represent this, Ammo markers.

Steal Weapon: (title in progress)
After Faith destroys an enemy figure, place 4 (or 5, or whatever) ammunition markers on this card.

Handgun Special Attack: Range: 5 Attack: 3
If you remove an ammunition marker from this card, you may use this special attack.
I'm inclined to say no to ammo markers and steal weapon for a couple of reasons. 1) thematically it might not make sense to take hand gun ammo off of a defeated roman.
2) I think having an ability that adds and removes that many markers might be a bit overly complicated.

Quote:

Improved Freerunning for the title? It would be a bit more along the lines of Heroscape, it would also represent the fact that Freerunning has been improved along the years and Ezio, being from the past, doesn't have this.
I like this idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2097798)
Considering her ability to courier items, perhaps allow her to pick up Treasure Glyphs without stopping and allow her to pass them off also to adjacent friendly figures.
(This is how Equipment Glyphs work in C3G.)

That would be a really useful and unique ability in classic 'Scape.

And I REALLY like this idea. It fits the character and has a useful ability missing from classic scape.

----

I will think this stuff over and start writing up potential powers for her and post them either tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime, if anybody is unfamiliar with the character here are a couple of *short* videos that give you an idea of what Faith is like in action.

Confred June 24th, 2016 05:46 PM

I don't have the data to watch that, but thanks for the video. I'll look at it tonight.
We've already described a cool figure.
-
FAITH CONNORS
VYDAR
LIFE 3
MOVE 7
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 5
POINTS 45
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
RUNNER
REBELLIOUS
MEDIUM 4
PARCEL COURIER
Before and after moving, you may move a Treasure Glyph from any adjacent friendly figure’s Army Card to this card and you may move any Treasure Glyphs from this card to that card. Faith Connors may move over and pickup Treasure Glyphs without stopping.
GUN KATTA
When defending against an adjacent normal attack, Faith counts all excess shields as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. If Faith rolls 1 or more excess shields, add 6 to her Range value until the end of your next turn.
PARKOUR MOVEMENT
Faith Connors is never attacked by figures on lower elevations with leaving engagement attacks. When moving up or down levels, Faith may add 6 to her height.

CJofCourse June 24th, 2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2097990)

Quote:

I just thought of a weird concept for the character to represent this, Ammo markers.

Steal Weapon: (title in progress)
After Faith destroys an enemy figure, place 4 (or 5, or whatever) ammunition markers on this card.

Handgun Special Attack: Range: 5 Attack: 3
If you remove an ammunition marker from this card, you may use this special attack.
I'm inclined to say no to ammo markers and steal weapon for a couple of reasons. 1) thematically it might not make sense to take hand gun ammo off of a defeated roman.
2) I think having an ability that adds and removes that many markers might be a bit overly complicated.

Good catch, it wouldn't make sense to take ammo from Aslan or a samurai or The Doctor.

Confred June 24th, 2016 09:20 PM

I like the idea of her being cheap. Moving around items could be a tactfully useful skill, but not one you'd want to spend a premium on.
I like the idea of others trying to hunt her down.
Maybe she should have a kind of Disappearing Ninja power.

Confred June 25th, 2016 10:49 AM

PARKOUR MOVEMENT
Faith Connors is never attacked by figures on lower elevations with leaving engagement attacks. When moving up or down levels, Faith may add 6 to her height. When moving, Faith may leap in straight lines of no more than 3 spaces each, ignoring decreases in elevation.

Confred June 25th, 2016 10:59 AM

If you search " Mirror's Edge Movie " into YouTube, you can get a good feel for the character. I'm 25mins in.

I think we were correct about the guns. She's a runner and has only used the gun after disarming, quickly abandoning it to continue running.

"Gun Katta" is a placeholder name

McHotcakes June 25th, 2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2098088)
I think we were correct about the guns. She's a runner and has only used the gun after disarming, quickly abandoning it to continue running.

I thought including the gun as part of her normal attack help free up room on her card for other powers. I'm not attached to the concept however.

Power Ideas
Spoiler Alert!

Obviously not everything can make it onto the card. I just thought I would throw out all of my ideas and see what sticks.

Confred June 25th, 2016 02:05 PM

I'm usually all for pushing power representation into the values. My Batman doesn't have Batarang Special Attack, he has Range 3.
However, I think that would have a consequence to her play style. She's not an assassin.
Her primary function is moving around; her primary play style is conflict avoidance.

William099 June 25th, 2016 04:48 PM

Redacted

McHotcakes June 28th, 2016 12:26 PM

To keep things moving I'm going to post the updated draft.

Faith Connors
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Runner
Rebellious
Medium 4?(Anybody have any idea for a figure?)

Life: 4
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

IMPROVED FREERUNNER
When counting spaces for Faith's movement, elevation changes of up to 3 levels count as 1 space. You may ignore Faith's height of 4 when climbing. Faith never takes falling damage and rolls 1 fewer die for major falling damage. Faith is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Courier
Faith does not have to stop her movement when she moves onto a glyph. If at any point during Faith's move she is on the same space as a treasure glyph, then you may place the glyph on Faith's card, if possible, and continue Faith's normal move.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for sure want to have these powers included in the design in some way. These other powers are still up in the air. Obviously one of them should probably be cut but I'd hate to lose either of them. Of course we could always do the dreaded 4 power custom *shudders*

Parkour reflexes?

Faith is never attacked when leaving an engagement*.When Faith is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-14 roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 15 or higher Faith may ignore all skulls rolled. If the attacking figure was small or medium and was adjacent to Faith, it also receives 1 unblockable wound.

*If we include the disengage clause here then we can just re-use Ezio's Freerunner completely unchanged.

Handgun?
Before taking a turn with Faith you may choose to add 4 to Faith's range this turn. If you do, Faith cannot use her Freerunner special power.

This seems like a decent way to handle Faith's gun use. She can choose to attack with a gun, but only if she sacrifices her most valuable powers.

CJofCourse June 28th, 2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2098606)
Of course we could always do the dreaded 4 power custom *shudders*

NO, believe me, it doesn't work out well. In my earlier days of customs, I did many 4 powers, now I look at them with disgust for many reasons. (Even though now I usually do 3) They are usually unbalanced, the cards look clunky, and you never really know what you are doing playing with them. You have many reasons to shudder. ;)

Quote:

Parkour reflexes?

Faith is never attacked when leaving an engagement*.When Faith is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-14 roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 15 or higher Faith may ignore all skulls rolled. If the attacking figure was small or medium and was adjacent to Faith, it also receives 1 unblockable wound.
I suggest using this one over handgun, with the part about leaving engagement cut (I am rather attached to the implications and name of Improved Freerunning now). It would not only give her uniqueness with her Parkour Dodge(?), but it would also show how she exploits enviroments and openings (ALL DEATHWALKERS PROCEED AT OWN RISK).