Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown February 3rd, 2011 12:31 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Looking good, KC!
I'm really liking how the rabbit is shaping up!

Balantai February 3rd, 2011 01:01 PM

Rabbit of Caerbannog
Mini
Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail
Valkrill
Unique Hero
Rabbit
Guard
Ferocious
Small 1
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 6
Defense: 2
Life: 6

What, Behind the Rabbit?
If the Rabbit of Caerbannog is unengaged, it may not be attacked unless the attacking figure began it's turn adjacent to it.

Territorial
Whenever a figure moves adjacent to the Rabbit of Caerbannog, immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8-18, that figure receives 1 wound. If you roll 19 or higher, that figure is destroyed. Figures may only be targeted as they move into engagement with the Rabbit of Caerbannog. The Rabbit of Caerbannog never makes leaving engagement attacks.

Pointy Teeth Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose an opponent's figure within 3 clear sight spaces of the Rabbit of Caerbannog whose base is no more than 3 levels higher or lower than the Rabbit of Caerbannog's base to attack. Place the Rabbit of Caerbannog on any adjacent empty space and attack the chosen figure. When the Rabbit of Caerbannog uses his Pointy Teeth Special Attack, he may use it 2 additional times. You may not attack the same figure more than once in the same turn with Pointy Teeth Special Attack. When moving using Pointy Teeth Special Attack, the Rabbit never takes leaving engagement attacks.

wulfhunter667 February 3rd, 2011 04:38 PM

Changes look good, Balantai, but I have a change for you as well. What, Behind the Rabbit? is too wordy. Try...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1331250)
What, Behind the Rabbit?
If theThe Rabbit of Caerbannog is unengaged, it may not be attacked unless the attacking figure began it's begins its turn adjacent to the Rabbit of Caerbannog.

Not much a change, but more consistent with HS wording I think.
Just my :2cents:.

killercactus February 3rd, 2011 04:55 PM

Balantai -

I'm cool with the changes, though I don't think the Special Attack can have 1 range. You can choose a figure within 3 spaces of the rabbit to attack after it moves, so I really think the range needs to be "Special" or maybe "3". I'd also like to just say "it" at the end of What, Behind the Rabbit? instead of "Rabbit of Caerbannog" again.

wulfhunter -

The power is worded that way because I want the Rabbit to be able to be attacked by a ranged figure if it's currently engaged to something else. The spirit of the power is that units won't know it's a killer rabbit until they've fought it themselves, or they've seen someone else fighting it.

Balantai February 3rd, 2011 05:00 PM

I made your suggested changes, KC.

killercactus February 3rd, 2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1331534)
I made your suggested changes, KC.

OK - looks good to me now! I really like what we did with it - great job, guys!!

Balantai February 3rd, 2011 05:19 PM

Are we happy with a cost of 180?

killercactus February 3rd, 2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1331562)
Are we happy with a cost of 180?

I think it's as good a place as any to start. What, Behind the Rabbit? is very powerful, and his Engagement Strike is far better than any we've had so far, especially considering something has to get adjacent to attack it and, if that's a squaddie, that squaddie has a 65% chance of immediately dying.

Balantai February 4th, 2011 11:53 AM

KC,

Can you post a link to the mini you're using for The Rabbit? I'd like to attach it to the final post.

All,

Is there anyone who got skipped in the round of creating figures? Speak now before we start round 2.

killercactus February 4th, 2011 11:57 AM

Link to the figure - this one is way better than the LEGO one I originally suggested:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1319546)
Good choice. I'll save detailed commentary til later. For now, here's an alternate figure idea.
http://www.gamesempire.com.au/index....productId=5083

Balantai February 4th, 2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1332074)
Link to the figure - this one is way better than the LEGO one I originally suggested:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1319546)
Good choice. I'll save detailed commentary til later. For now, here's an alternate figure idea.
http://www.gamesempire.com.au/index....productId=5083

Thanks, KC. It's been linked to the first page. Great work on this one. I love the finished product.

NecroBlade February 4th, 2011 12:23 PM

Wow, that rabbit's dynamite!