Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown August 23rd, 2010 01:48 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1183747)
Llamaclown
That would work, but that would mean he would not be able to bond with the others unless I made them Warrior or Champion. I would prefer them to have more regal statuses but if we can't decide otherwise, than I can work with that.

Hmmm... that slipped my mind.
With that in mind, Balantai's suggestion definitely makes the most sense. Are all of the Amberite heroes going to have a regal status?

wulfhunter667 August 23rd, 2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1183767)
Quote:

Llamaclown
That would work, but that would mean he would not be able to bond with the others unless I made them Warrior or Champion. I would prefer them to have more regal statuses but if we can't decide otherwise, than I can work with that.

With that in mind, Balantai's suggestion definitely makes the most sense. Are all of the Amberite heroes going to have a regal status?

It's my understanding that all Amberites are princes and princesses, so, to elaborate that point a bit, my suggestion is to make the bonding work with all Amberite Princes and Princesses to avoid possible future confusion on bonding with figs he should not bond with.

Hrockle August 23rd, 2010 04:14 PM

They are all princes and princesses, and I was going to reflect that like I did with Corwin, but I thought that would make him more of a niche character than what I want him to be. But, that's how we got the elf pod, and they kinda rock.

Takanuva August 23rd, 2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1183893)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1183767)
Quote:

Llamaclown

It's my understanding that all Amberites are princes and princesses, so, to elaborate that point a bit, my suggestion is to make the bonding work with all Amberite Princes and Princesses to avoid possible future confusion on bonding with figs he should not bond with.

Then it probably should be worded 'After revealing an Order Marker on this card, but before taking a turn with Corwin, you may first take a turn with any Amberite Prince or any Amberite Princess you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Corwin.

dfonse August 24th, 2010 03:36 PM

To make it so he doesn't affect dragons say it can only effect medium/small.

Balantai August 24th, 2010 04:27 PM

Can we get an updated version, when you have time, Hrockle?

Hrockle August 24th, 2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1185174)

Sure, why not?

Quote:

Corwin
Literature: The Amber Chronicles
Vydar

Amberite
Unique Hero
Prince
Tricky
Size: TBD (no current fig representation)

Life: 6
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

ROYALTY
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, but before taking a turn with Corwin, you may first take a turn with any small or medium figure that has a Prince or Princess class and is within 5 clear sight spaces.

TRUMP CARD
After moving, if Corwin is not engaged, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may place one(1) Amberite you control adjacent to Corwin. If the Amberite is engaged, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

GRAYSWANDIR
When attacking an adjacent figure that has a Tricky, Wild, or Tormented personality, you may roll 2 additional dice.

I'm still not quite happy with Royalty, but that's up for you guys to decide.

Takanuva August 24th, 2010 06:59 PM

Couldn't this be abused to take a turn with himself?

wulfhunter667 August 24th, 2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1185292)
Quote:

Sure, why not?

Quote:

Corwin
Vydar

Amberite
Unique Hero
Prince
Tricky

ROYALTY
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, but before taking a turn with Corwin, you may first take a turn with any small or medium figure that has a Prince or Princess class and is within 5 clear sight spaces. Before taking a turn with Corwin, you may first take a turn with any small or medium Amberite Prince or Amberite Princess you control.

TRUMP CARD 15
After moving, if Corwin is not engaged, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may place one(1) Amberite you control adjacent to Corwin. If the Amberite is engaged, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

GRAYSWANDIR
When attacking an adjacent figure that has a Tricky, Wild, or Tormented personality, you may roll 2 additional dice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takanuva (Post 1185305)
Couldn't this be abused to take a turn with himself?

Fixed. No bonding with himself.
(Having flashbacks of American Pie 2... I glued myself to... myself. hehehehe :twisted:)

Lamaclown August 25th, 2010 03:09 PM

[quote=wulfhunter667;1185385]
Quote:

Quote:

Sure, why not?

Quote:

Corwin
Vydar

Amberite
Unique Hero
Prince
Tricky

ROYALTY
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, but before taking a turn with Corwin, you may first take a turn with any small or medium figure that has a Prince or Princess class and is within 5 clear sight spaces. Before taking a turn with Corwin, you may first take a turn with any small or medium Amberite Prince or Amberite Princess you control.

TRUMP CARD 15

GRAYSWANDIR

Unless there are going to be large or huge Amberite Princes and Princesses the "small or medium" designation wouldn't be necessary.

Lookin' good

dfonse August 26th, 2010 10:16 AM

[quote=Lamaclown;1185977]
Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1185385)
Quote:

Quote:

Sure, why not?

Quote:

Corwin
Vydar

Amberite
Unique Hero
Prince
Tricky

ROYALTY

TRUMP CARD 15

GRAYSWANDIR

Unless there are going to be large or huge Amberite Princes and Princesses the "small or medium" designation wouldn't be necessary.

Lookin' good

If you make him affect others than just amberites it may be more affective because as of now he is the only amberite.

wulfhunter667 August 26th, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfonse (Post 1186557)
If you make him affect others than just amberites it may be more affective because as of now he is the only amberite.

The problem with that is that, if my understanding is correct, Trump cards can only be used to summon other Amberite and to shift worlds. To keep the figure true to the character, you would have to designate Amberites only.