Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Supreme Intelligence (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=60937)

Soundwarp SG-1 August 3rd, 2022 10:07 PM

Re: The Book of Supreme Intelligence (Design Phase)

I guess I'm just not seeing what the Life Value gets you here.

Like if he could do the Kree Solider thing that would be something, but they only trigger on Unique Heroes. So nothing there. I don't think any of the other Kree care about stuff like that do they?

So he's basically just offering okish but not game changing synergy to the other Kree. Then when they die he can do literally nothing against anything with a way to hit him from 5 spaces away. Against things with 4 or less range he gets... to hope he hits his one shot on his pulse thing. And as soon as he misses that he's down to an attack of 4 and just like praying he can outlast whoever is punching him.

So to me the stats and the pulse thing are almost meaningless and he's basically just a story card... and I wouldn't pay a ton for that story.

IAmBatman August 3rd, 2022 10:49 PM

Are we locked in at Range being only 4? Not saying a Range of 8 is suddenly going to make this an offensive powerhouse or anything, but might give it a capability of being a closer at least.

For the first power, I'm guessing the intent is to be able to do one move for each figure that's up to a number of spaces equal to the number of Order Markers, rather than a series of 1 space movements? If so, I'd go with wording like this:

SUPREME INTELLIGENCE
At the start of any round, you may choose an opponent's Army Card and view all unrevealed Order Markers on that card. Then you may move each other Kree figure you control up to X spaces each, where X is the number of Order Markers on the chosen card. Supreme Intelligence may not move or be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.

For Psionic Burst, I'd probably do:

PSIONIC BURST
The first time each opponent's figure moves onto or over a space within 4 spaces of Supreme Intelligence each turn, roll 1 unblockable attack die against all figures within 4 spaces of Supreme Intelligence, one at a time. If a figure receives a wound, place it on any empty space within 2 spaces of its current placement.[/quote]

I take it that's thematic for it to hit your allies as well? Definitely a downside to have to plan around, but one that even more isolates him as well and keeps him out of the fight.

Splash August 3rd, 2022 11:00 PM

As a psychic big brain, this thing is supposed to be able to just project an image of itself like anywhere in the galaxy. If we wanted points higher, there could be a power where the Supreme Intelligence appears before an enemy unit scuffling with a Kree and makes them rethink their life decisions. Basically distract an enemy figure for a turn, maybe through lowering attack number if just turn cancelation is too OP. Probably once per round.

Ronin August 4th, 2022 12:21 AM

I tend to agree with SW's thoughts that its Life outstrips its offense by enough that it won't be super valuable in endgame. I'd probably bring its Range up (good suggestion from Bats) and its Life down a hair - I think evening those out lets it do more in the endgame without making it a slog that you just try to outrange and chip away at. :2cents:

Karat August 4th, 2022 01:58 PM

Updated with those wording edits and dropped life by 2 and increased range by 2. I'm fine either way on it affecting everyone or just the figure moving. I mostly was just picturing a blanket burst but I can also see it being targeted blast though. Pretty open on that front just figured that since it'll be an immobile unit it needed something defensively. I also dropped points to 360 for now.

IAmBatman August 4th, 2022 02:44 PM

Good changes. :up: I suspect the cost will still come down, but happy to let testing show one way or the other.

Ericth74 August 4th, 2022 03:16 PM

Cool take on this figure

Karat August 5th, 2022 12:17 PM

Re: The Book of Supreme Intelligence (Vote for Initial)

Yea, I'm willing to entertain it being lower but I also don't want him too much lower in general and would rather tweak something somewhere instead.

Seems like we are at a good point now so I propose we move to initial playtesting!

MrNobody August 5th, 2022 12:21 PM

Yea, still highly doubting we’re looking at 360, but testing can sort that out.

IAmBatman August 5th, 2022 12:32 PM

yea

fret_gurglo August 5th, 2022 12:59 PM

Should Psionic burst affect DOs?

Yea either way.

Lord Pyre August 5th, 2022 03:17 PM

Yea