Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Project (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Godzilla and friends (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56021)

MrNobody July 30th, 2019 04:53 PM

Re: Margloth's Ex-Hero Ramblings Thread

Yeah I like C. I know doing separate versions for everybody’s desires isn’t always the best move, but it feels right here. Godzilla has several distinct portrayals and I think having a giant one-monster-army Destroyer Godzilla and a smaller King Of Monsters Protector Godzilla that focuses more on interacting with others sounds like a really solid way to make sure everyone is satisfied.

Karat July 30th, 2019 04:53 PM

C makes the most sense.

Yodaking July 30th, 2019 04:58 PM

I'll vote C as well. Seems like the best way forward here. Each faction can just make their own card and everyone is happy.

Soundwarp SG-1 July 30th, 2019 05:55 PM

C is fine by me.

Soundwarp SG-1 July 30th, 2019 11:34 PM

I guess I should clarify that I'm pro C because that gets me the Godzilla I want for tournaments and such, while I also expect to be laughing manically as Project: Big Chungus Godzilla collapses under it's own weight and everyone comes over to my side.

But hey, maybe having an antagonist will help spur y'all to victory, which is great too. So Grr, I'm a bad guy and such! Believe in your Dreams!

MrNobody July 31st, 2019 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 (Post 2300639)
I guess I should clarify that I'm pro C because that gets me the Godzilla I want for tournaments and such, while I also expect to be laughing manically as Project: Big Chungus Godzilla collapses under it's own weight and everyone comes over to my side.

But hey, maybe having an antagonist will help spur y'all to victory, which is great too. So Grr, I'm a bad guy and such! Believe in your Dreams!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zrfUJzfMZ_4/maxresdefault.jpg

Soundwarp SG-1 July 31st, 2019 03:09 AM

Just to clarify, that was just a joke on my part. No offense intended or anything. I just wanted an excuse to say big chungus Godzilla.

MrNobody July 31st, 2019 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 (Post 2300681)
Just to clarify, that was just a joke on my part. No offense intended or anything. I just wanted an excuse to say big chungus Godzilla.

Lol and I got to use OPM so we’re good.

A3n July 31st, 2019 03:54 AM

C I think is best when doable.

quozl July 31st, 2019 11:44 AM

Looks like we have enough votes for A & C to go ahead with the smaller version and then do the bigger version.

Lord Pyre July 31st, 2019 11:46 AM

I'm totally fine with different versions. But again a bigger one I'll still have the problem of not really caring to use since he's huge and awkward. Two versions doesn't change that, I just might happen to use the smaller one.

But I've never played with Galactus or Anti-Monitor ever and I'm not upset about that, so the point is practically moot already. :)

MrNobody July 31st, 2019 05:33 PM

I think the big guy should focus on being the Eventiest kind of Event Hero where he’s basically an army all to himself, while the smaller one can maybe be a bit cheaper (still expensive!) to allow for some team-ups with other Kaiju or superheroes.

To that end, on small Godzilla what if there was a power similar to what Johnny had for his Zod II?
Quote:

KING OF THE MONSTERS
Friendly Huge figures adjacent to Godzilla add 1 to their Attack number. Opponents' Huge figures adjacent to Godzilla subtract 1 from their Defense number.
And for the big guy, I had this idea. Probably a bit too custom-y though.
Quote:

MASSIVE DESTRUCTION
If any terrain, obstacle, or Destructible Object would prevent you from placing Godzilla, you may remove it from the battlefield.
Idea being that if a tree or something is in the way of Godzilla’s tail fitting on the battlefield, you can just get rid of the tree.