Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown January 16th, 2013 03:06 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 1745888)
What does the +1 Defense convey?

When I think of being inspired in battle I think of being motivated to take the fight to the enemy. So, if we go with a bonus that is not a movement bonus, I think an attack bonus would make more sense than a defense bonus.

Personally, I like the movement bonus. It makes me think of when he rescued all those in the White Witch's castle who had been turned to stone and then they all high tailed it to the battlefield and charged into battle.

:ninja:'d by mac

Balantai January 16th, 2013 03:15 PM

I would rather it just be a movement increase. Also, I'd much rather leave all the "for the rest of the round" stuff off the card.

EDIT:
Is this machinekng's design? Nevermind, it is. I just found the original post.

mac122 January 16th, 2013 03:23 PM

I prefer the move bonus, too.

I'm not keen on a power activating for a turn when it's not that figure's turn. I'd rather it be an aura that Inspires whenever a figure is within X spaces of Aslan. Inspiring Presence?

Lamaclown January 16th, 2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1745897)
I would rather it just be a movement increase. Also, I'd much rather leave all the "for the rest of the round" stuff off the card.

:word:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1745897)
EDIT:
Is this machinekng's design?

Yep

:ninja:d by mac... again!

Confred January 16th, 2013 03:24 PM

INSPIRING ROAR
All friendly figures may move 2 additional spaces if they end their movement engaged to an enemy figure.

INSPIRING ROAR
When moving, friendly figures may move 2 additional spaces if they end their movement engaged.

rusty on wording~

Balantai January 17th, 2013 12:17 PM

Aslan
Jandar

Lion
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciful
Large 6 (?)

Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

Inspiring Presence
Friendly figures that begin their movement within clear sight of Alsan may add 2 to their move.

The Deep Magic
If a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may ignore those wounds and destroy Aslan instead. Aslan may only use The Deep Magic once per game.

Magic Deeper Still
At the start of any round after Aslan has been destroyed, before Order Markers are placed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, remove all wound markers from this Army Card and place Aslan on the battlefield adjacent to any friendly figure.
----------------------------------------------------
Here are some of the changes with some of the suggestions built in. Thoughts?

mac122 January 17th, 2013 12:30 PM

I like it. :up:

Lamaclown January 17th, 2013 12:54 PM

:thumbsup:

Balantai January 17th, 2013 01:00 PM

Since this is machinekng's design, I want to make sure we give him enough time to approve.

mac122 January 17th, 2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1746477)
Since this is machinekng's design, I want to make sure we give him enough time to approve.

Agreed :up:

Lamaclown January 17th, 2013 02:03 PM

Of course there is also the little matter of point cost to still be discussed as well.

Balantai January 17th, 2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1746513)
Of course there is also the little matter of point cost to still be discussed as well.

You're such a party-pooper, Lama.