Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Scare Glow (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=60009)

Soundwarp SG-1 November 5th, 2021 01:03 AM

The Book of Scare Glow

The Book of Scare Glow

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 31
THE SOUND AND THE FURY

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Glow_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...eGlow_mini.png
Mini PDF

Glow in the dark card

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Invincble Iron Man set.
Its model number and name are #007 / Brother Grimm.

Tutorial for modifying/painting this figure

Character Bio -
Scaaare Glow
You don't have to put on the fright light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your soul to the night
Scaaare Glow
You don't have to wear that cape tonight
Walk Eternia for money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right
Scaaare Glow
Scaaare Glow

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Scare Glow may be placed on the board by a Magical Defense figure, due to his Mystic Summoning special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Scare Glow interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Scare Glow interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Soundwarp SG-1 November 5th, 2021 01:04 AM

Re: The Book of Scare Glow

NAME = SCARE GLOW
SECRET IDENTITY = KARAK NUL

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MINION
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 200

MYSTIC SUMMONING
Scare Glow starts the game on this card. After moving normally with a figure with the Magical Defense special power you control, if Scare Glow is on this card and not destroyed, you may place Scare Glow on a space within 1 space of that figure. If you do, that figure cannot attack this turn.

FRIGHT LIGHT
Figures engaged with Scare Glow cannot move, subtract 1 from their defense, and cannot be switched with any other figure that shares their identity. Androids, Constructs, destructible objects, and figures with the Fearless personality are not affected by Fright Light.

FLYING

Soundwarp SG-1 November 5th, 2021 01:04 AM

I wanted to get this out for Halloween but oh well. Belated Halloween. It's a thing now

Arch-vile November 5th, 2021 01:26 AM

Neat add-on to Magical Defense armies. He'll basically function as a mobile Tar Pit a magic dude can drop down. Costing an attack to summon him definitely hurts which is good since he offers some nice passive effects.

It'd be cool to let the scare effect stop flip cards too, since it's already such a niche effect and that seems like the same general theme. And I don't think that effect is going to be crazy powerful or anything.

Should be "affected" in the first power. And "objects" should be "destructible objects" I believe.

IAmBatman November 5th, 2021 01:21 PM

Skeletor welcomes you! Billy Batson quivers in fear.

The powers probably should be swapped in order.

One thing to consider for clarification is whether "instead of attacking" means you can give up a single attack to do it or the whole attack phase. Obviously this isn't just a Scare Glow interpretive issue, but it's something we have to try to figure out and be sure to be consistent on as a project, as I think we've gone both ways with it.

Archie covered my other notes. :up:

MrNobody November 5th, 2021 01:59 PM

I think we've established that "instead of attacking" sacrifices the whole "phase." See how we worded Avengers Hawkeye vs. Bloodshot.

IAmBatman November 5th, 2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2487791)
I think we've established that "instead of attacking" sacrifices the whole "phase." See how we worded Avengers Hawkeye vs. Bloodshot.

Does @Arkham agree with that? I've seen where he's translated it differently on some things in the past.

MrNobody November 5th, 2021 02:07 PM

Hmmm...looking at the language more carefully, maybe it's the "After moving" that means you have to sacrifice your "phase?"
Quote:

WEST COAST AVENGERS
...Once per player turn, if there is an Order Marker on this card, after moving a figure you control with an Avenger Marker on its card, and instead of attacking with that figure, you may move Hawkeye up to 3 spaces and attack with Hawkeye.
Quote:

NANITE HEALING
Once per turn, instead of attacking with Bloodshot, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.

Soundwarp SG-1 November 5th, 2021 05:01 PM

The intent is phase on the instead of attacking thing. So whatever lingo gets us to that.

Oh, random other thing I was thinking about. Right now Scare Glow doesn't really work with MD dudes in Vehicles since you have to place him adjacent to them and you can't do that (unless you put him in an empty space in that vehicle which is basically pointless). Normally wouldn't be a big deal, but MotU is like the one crossover of MD figures that also drive things so like... that could be 'within 1 space of that figure' if we care about Skeletor shooting Scare Glow out of a Gundam at people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 2487732)
It'd be cool to let the scare effect stop flip cards too, since it's already such a niche effect and that seems like the same general theme. And I don't think that effect is going to be crazy powerful or anything.

Yeah it's something I'm down to explore if it can be worded properly / not screw with anything too badly.

IAmBatman November 5th, 2021 05:07 PM

I deeply care about Skeletor shooting Scare Glow out of a Gundam at people. :-D Or shooting him onto the top of a tower, for that matter.

MrNobody November 6th, 2021 03:29 PM

My one concern with stopping flips is if we ever do some design that's like "Start the game with this card on the Strong Side. At the end of round #, flip this card to the Weak Side."

With stopping figure switching, the enemy player is paying for both figures, so you can generally assume that they'll want to switch. Not sure that'll always be true for flip cards, so Scare Glow could end up inadvertently helping the enemy in rare scenarios by preventing them to flipping to a worse side of the card.

That's super niche either way though, so I don't really care. But I figured I'd comment since I've now thrown my hat into the flip card game.

IAmBatman November 6th, 2021 03:42 PM

Yeah, I think figuring out how to word the flip is a bit messy and it's probably best to avoid that as it's the figure swap that tracks thematically in a consistent way.