Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Florida Frenzy 6.5 - June 29 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48124)

BurnyFlame April 1st, 2013 08:46 PM

Florida Frenzy 6.5 - June 29

7/3/2013 Update: Results are posted on the last page. Thanks everyone for playing!
Spoiler Alert!

Florida Frenzy 6.5 --

Date: Saturday, June 29th, 2013

Location* (note: there are two Cool Stuff Games addresses, we'll be at the bigger/newer store this time):
CoolStuffGames
8550 S. US Hwy 17-92, Maitland, FL 32751
407-657-3882 or

Sci-Fi City*
6006 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32807
407-282-2292 or

Books-A-Million*
2601 NW 13th St, Gainesville, FL
352-376-6623
Fall NHSD Tourney likely in Gainesville. Sci-Fi City is back-up location should anything crazy occur.

Tournament Format:
-Entry Fee can be either: one HeroScape related prize; other game-related prize; $10; or free but forfeit ability to win a prize
-560 point HeroScape armies (all official figures, including Marvel)
-Prizes include $50
-Strength of Schedule is first tie-breaker

Schedule:
Check-in: 11am-noon (late arrivals will be accomodated)
Four (or Five) 50 minute Swiss Rounds (depending on attendance)
Lunch break in the middle
Prizes at the end

Maps:
We need volunteers to bring these maps!
Any partial map help is welcome too!

Glyphs:
2 random glyphs per map from a pool of 10:
Spoiler Alert!

Confirmed Antendees:
BurnyFlame (+1 to help organize)
Buddy Lee
Hiro
randomskyfears
DeathVendor
zealot
beholderthedm +1
nicktheant +1
Mr Wookiee
Mr Migraine

Possible Antendees:
WestonWyse?
Rennix?
SmoKing Toad?
Gurei-Ornery?
Legos of Bleakewood?

Hiro April 4th, 2013 08:42 PM

Re: Florida Frenzy 6.5

I will be there for sure! I'll inform Zealot.

beholderthedm April 4th, 2013 10:48 PM

Orland is best for me. The sooner, the better so I vote for May.

beholderthedm April 10th, 2013 04:50 AM

It looks like I can bring +1 if the event is in Orlando. Maybe if it's somewhere else, depending on where. And when.

BurnyFlame April 10th, 2013 07:12 PM

OK, would May 25th, Memorial Day weekend Saturday, be good or bad for you all? Orlando has the most votes, but let's get more input.

randomskyfears April 18th, 2013 03:51 PM

Glad to see this is still going. I don't think I've played since the last tourney.

I have no problem with Orlando and as of right now, I am OK with the date (though this may change when I get my schedule for next month). I will be out of the state the 18th and 19th, so I wouldn't be able to make it then. I'll let you all know when I know more, though it's possible June may be better.

Quick suggestion: Cool Stuff Games has opened up a much bigger store front in Orlando, so if it ends up being in Orlando we may want to think about having it there if they are free.

BurnyFlame April 24th, 2013 10:50 PM

Wow, I did not know Cool Stuff Games had a new store front. randomskyfears, do you think you could check when they are available? Last time we tried there we were ousted by a Yu-Gi-Oh competition.

Orlando is due for a tournament, but I still have many friends in Gainesville, so if we don't have enough people signing up, we might get a bigger attendance if we go with Gainesville.

Also, I still would like to shoot for Memorial Day weekend, but I am very open to suggestions. Also, would Sunday instead of Saturday work better for anyone?

Filthy the Clown April 26th, 2013 12:48 PM

Sounds great guys, but I have big strike against my attendance:

1) Memorial Day weekend is right around my wedding anniversary, so I won't be able to sweet talk my better half into an 8 hour drive for HS (I know, I know...Where are her priorities?).

Chances are good that we will be headed to the Keys towards the middle of June, so I will double-check and see if anything is going on at that time.

Please feel free to sign up for the upcoming Online Tournament and squeeze in some practice.

beholderthedm April 26th, 2013 02:02 PM

So far either the 25th or the 26th should be possible for me and my +1.

BurnyFlame April 29th, 2013 10:37 AM

Filthy, let us know when exactly you may be driving through and we can try for that weekend. Also, my friend can only make Sundays, so I am leaning toward that day of the week if it is OK with you guys.

randomskyfears May 4th, 2013 02:31 AM

I have not had chance to talk to Cool Stuff yet, but will try to do so in the next week or so. As far as Sundays go, I have no problem with it and would almost prefer those since I work some Saturdays

nicktheant May 4th, 2013 11:53 AM

I would like to come, I'll have to ask around to see if anyone else is up to come. :)