Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   General (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Caught between two dates (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=20636)

Revdyer August 7th, 2008 01:22 PM

Caught between two dates

Yesterday was Hiroshima Day, tomorrow is 8/8/8.

I have no idea what this means.

Onacara August 7th, 2008 01:25 PM

Re: Caught between two dates

Oh when I saw this thread title I was having flashbacks to an episode of Three's Company and pictured Rev at the Regal Beagle trying to entertain 2 ladies at the same time at different tables...(pssst it never works out well)

Ugly-Caco August 7th, 2008 01:37 PM

Funny how me and my buddies were talking hours ago about the number "8." Some Chinese find that number lucky because it looks like the infinity symbol.
http://researchmagazine.uga.edu/spring98/infinity.jpg

Grungebob August 7th, 2008 01:40 PM

I saw Revdyer made this thread and thought it was going to be another story about his youth and girl troubles.

Dredd Stev August 7th, 2008 01:44 PM

This was originaly going to be a joke about growing up in Texas... but there are WAY more of you southern boys than us newf's around here...

In conclusion... $Texas! (Some DreddRep to the first member that can indetify that reference!)

scottishlad5 August 7th, 2008 01:46 PM

Oh man I am so glad I actually read the message, because I thought what Onacara thought.

Revdyer August 7th, 2008 01:57 PM

I was wondering how many people would think the thread title was an episode of Archie Comics. <grin>

Still 8-8-8 is kind of cool. (And 6-8-45 (military style) has been an important date all my life.)

Ugly-Caco August 7th, 2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dredd Stev (Post 642243)
This was originaly going to be a joke about growing up in Texas... but there are WAY more of you southern boys than us newf's around here...

What's a newf?

-Edit
Newf
1. A Newfoundlander not necesserily someone that lives in Newfoundland.

3. A *********** who works at a car dealership usually sitting at the end of a counter (beside a abnormally short man with child like fingers who has a blatter control problem).

Got it from Urbandictionary.com
I guess its definition #1 then. :)

---------------------------------------
On the topic--since OPs are not indicated in the main forum page, I thought this thread was made by a teenager who's either having girl problems or would just like to brag about multiple dates. :D

scottishlad5 August 7th, 2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dredd Stev (Post 642243)

In conclusion... $Texas! (Some DreddRep to the first member that can indetify that reference!)

Would that be the Texas lottery or the texas oil industry.

Dredd Stev August 7th, 2008 02:10 PM

Newf - Person from Newfoundland. From is a little hard to quantify, but you don't HAVE to be BORN here to be consider a newf.
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottishlad5
Would that be the Texas lottery or the texas oil industry.

And nope, that’s not what I was referring to Scotty - you’re free to keep trying though!

Onacara August 7th, 2008 02:34 PM

I know you are not referring to Peter Sellers quote of....

"Finally, in conclusion, let me say just this.”

Revdyer August 7th, 2008 02:38 PM

Maybe it was Paul Simon's reply when someone in the crowd at his (and Art Garfunkle's) Central Park Concert shouted, "Say a few words!" Simon said, "Let us hope that we all continue..."