Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

TREX May 25th, 2015 01:48 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2023378)
Looking good so far. Just so you know guys I have got the first post in the Display thread up to date with links for Jack, Dexter & Percy in the Alphaberical, Genre amd General sortings. I also have the miniature listings in the second post up to date.

Edit: As far as general for Kratos I am thinking Utgar.

I ordered my Dexter and Percy figures a couple of days ago, so sweet.

McHotcakes May 25th, 2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2023416)
I like the idea of gaining a glyph/power every time he kills a Unique hero, making him slightly stronger instead of starting with three.

You read my mind. Kratos gaining a new ability every time he takes out an enemy hero is thematic and a cool mechanic.

For General if its between Aquilla and Utgar I definitely vote Utgar. My knowledge of God of War is limited, but from what little I've seen, Kratos is, well, a bit of a jerk to put it mildly. He leaves innocents to die and will even kill them if they get in his way. And while Aquilla's Army is definitley fearsome, they aren't heartless.

Plus HoF has yet to do an Utgar unit and its about time we gave him some love ;)

Tornado May 25th, 2015 05:17 PM

Really cool mechanic there!
Fits the 'leveling up' aspect of video games.

JC McMinis May 25th, 2015 06:46 PM

Perhaps we can reword my Your Soul Is Mine ability from my Shang Tsung custom for Kratos gaining new abilities.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...ShangTsung.jpg

Dysole May 25th, 2015 06:53 PM

Quick Question

Do we want other people to be able to use the Treasure Glyphs?

~Dysole, unsure if this question was addressed for Harry Potter and what not

McHotcakes May 25th, 2015 08:16 PM

Re: Quick Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2023471)
Do we want other people to be able to use the Treasure Glyphs?

I would say no. I feel like the glyphs would be special and only Kratos could use them. Though I don't know if that's the case in the games or not.

Maybe we can specify that the glyphs can only be used by demi gods?

Dysole May 25th, 2015 08:48 PM

Random Synergy

So we're cool with Percy using them?

~Dysole, finding that hilarious

Confred May 25th, 2015 10:57 PM

I'm actually fine with others taking his loot. Think about it: that's how he got them in the first place, he acquired loot by killing figures! As he gains more power, he gains more attention from the Gods/Generals, ie he becomes a bigger target.

He's definitely Utgar. Think about any mythical hero. Now think about Kratos's source material. Mentally put that hero into the source material. Kratos would be his enemy.
Kratos killed every plant on earth, Kratos destroys the sun, he flooded the earth, he kills women and children alike, because he liked hatred and vengeance more.

I was playing around with wording, we could save lines of text by having his Range value being greater than 1 but have the height restriction bit expressed in the power. Also, the wiki stresses Kratos using combination attacks as his schtick and being able to alternate seamlessly between weapons. I'd like to convey this some how:

BLADES OF EXILE
When attacking with a normal attack, Kratos must choose a figure whose base is no more than 5 levels above Kratos's height or whose height is no lower than 5 levels below Kratos's base. After attacking, if Kratos rolled at least 2 skulls, he may continue attacking with a normal or special attack until he does not roll at least 2 skulls.

Edit: Reach wording is required due to negation. Fun thought though :P
Edit 2: Unless:
BLADES OF EXILE (v1.1)
When attacking with a normal attack, Kratos must choose a figure whose base is no more than 5 levels above Kratos's height or whose height is no lower than 5 levels below Kratos's base. After attacking, if Kratos rolled at least 2 skulls, he may continue attacking with a normal or special attack until he does not roll at least 2 skulls. This power cannot be negated.

TREX May 26th, 2015 01:24 AM

Awesome ideas. I was thinking about use of the TGs from other figure s. I would say on the tg cards that after the figure uses the tg if he is not a god or demi god he roll s for damage to himself with a 20 die roll.

Confred May 26th, 2015 09:31 AM

In God Of War III, All items have a secondary function, a spell.
The Ancient Artifacts that we create for Kratos could have two powers, one permanent, one temporary. The temporary would represent the spell effect and would allow Kratos a way to ditch his Treasure Glyphs.
> If all he utilizes is the Permanent Glyph power, the Glyph remains. Once he uses a Temporary power, the Glyph is removed as if it were a potion.

His GIFT FROM THE GODS special power could outright spell out which Glyphs he starts the games with, or it could simply say, "Start the game with 5 Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyphs"

TREX May 26th, 2015 10:47 AM

I also wanted to incorporate him losing his glyphs/powers when he dies and goes to hades, then he would have to earn them back after clawing his way out of Hades with the 20 sided die roll similar to Thanos's rejected by death ability. As far as treasure glyphs, when he gets killed, other figures can pick up his weapons and then he would have to take them back by killing the figures that picked them up. I'm leaning more toward him not starting the game with any glyphs and him having to earn them by killing things. More thematic.

McHotcakes May 26th, 2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2023521)
I also wanted to incorporate him losing his glyphs/powers when he dies and goes to hades, then he would have to earn them back after clawing his way out of Hades with the 20 sided die roll similar to Thanos's rejected by death ability. As far as treasure glyphs, when he gets killed, other figures can pick up his weapons and then he would have to take them back by killing the figures that picked them up. I'm leaning more toward him not starting the game with any glyphs and him having to earn them by killing things. More thematic.

So if Kratos came back from the dead would he have to kill the specific heroes who picked up his items to get them back? I wouldn't have a problem with his earning the treasure glyphs the same way he did by just killing random heroes, but if the treasure glyphs can used by any hero I guess he would have to take out the same hero who took him out.

It'd be a little tricky when Kratos comes back from the dead, we'd have to specify that Kratos can't just take his treasure glyphs off a heroes army card by killing some other random hero. Maybe Kratos' glyphs can only be brought onto the battlefield once per game? Or something akin to that.