Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Online Heroscape Games and Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Online Heroscape Season 33 - Gencon Prep CONGRATS KEVINDOLA (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55942)

dok July 6th, 2019 08:28 PM

Online Heroscape Season 33 - Gencon Prep CONGRATS KEVINDOLA

Online Heroscape Season 33
MAIN EVENT PREP

WINNERS REPORT GAMES HERE

Games are played using the online Heroscape interface. Links to how-to-play videos below:
Spoiler Alert!
Using an online voice chat utility, such as Skype or Google Hangouts, improves the playing experience considerably.

Alternating Reverse the Whip
  • For this event, each player will submit a 410-point armies with no more than 16 figures*. There is no hex limit for this event; the startzone will be expanded to accomodate armies as needed. (no C3V/SoV, no Marvel/C3G.)
  • Before each game, there will be a roll-off, done by the tournament organizers. The player who wins the roll-off decides to place first or second.
  • The rounds will alternate between playing your own army and Reverse the Whip (playing your opponent's army).
*An army can contain more than 16 figures, however only 16 figures may be placed on the battlefield each game. Airborne Elite and Rechets of Bogdan count toward these limits, as usual. Double-spaced figures only count as a single figure.

The season will be Swiss format, played out until there is a single undefeated player.

Maps will match the Gencon Maps.

Glyphs are Dagmar/Kelda/Lodin/Wannok/Valda/Ulaniva

Event Details and Rules:
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape July 6th, 2019 08:34 PM

Re: Online Heroscape Season 33 - OHS Returns! Gencon Prep

It’s here!!! When are signups due? How many games per week? 1/week?

superfrog July 6th, 2019 09:02 PM

Signed up.

Chris Perkins July 6th, 2019 10:30 PM

Signed up.

And glad OHS is back, thanks to everyone who works on it!

Coolio July 7th, 2019 12:24 PM

Thanks for setting this up! I have signed up.

Sir Heroscape July 7th, 2019 01:38 PM

Submitted!

Chris Perkins July 10th, 2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 2294308)
  • For this event, each player will submit a 410-point armies with no more than 16 figures*. There is no hex limit for this event; the startzone will be expanded to accomodate armies as needed. (no C3V/SoV, no Marvel/C3G.)
*An army can contain more than 20 figures, however only 20 figures may be placed on the battlefield each game. Airborne Elite and Rechets of Bogdan count toward these limits, as usual. Double-spaced figures only count as a single figure.

Seems there's a discrepancy between the figure max in two different parts of the description (16 in the main description, 20 in the starred note).

I'm 99.9% sure 16 is the correct max, given that's what Gencon is using, and I presume that the starred note was just copied from a previous season; Just posting in case anyone else sees the discrepancy and is confused.

superfrog July 18th, 2019 02:10 PM

Any word on when this is going to start?

dok July 20th, 2019 04:01 PM

We should be launching in the next few days. Get those submissions in!

dok July 22nd, 2019 10:57 PM

Re: Online Heroscape Season 33 - Gencon Prep - ROUND 1

Round 1 is on The Borogoves.

The superfrog v. Dysole pool of armies is:
* Marcu Esenwein, Fen Hydra, Marrden Houndsx3
* Nakita Agents, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marro Dividersx2, Roman Archersx2
superfrog chooses who places first.

The vegietarian18 v. Coolio pool of armies is:
* Othkurik The Black Dragon, Greenscale Warriorsx2, Phantom Knightsx2
* Marcu Esenwein, Nilfheim, Drow Chainfighter, Greenscale Warriorsx3
vegietarian18 chooses who places first.

The Chris Perkins v. Sir Heroscape pool of armies is:
* Finn the Viking Champion, Marro Warriors, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Knights of Weston, Mezzodemon Warmongersx2
* Sonlen, Marro Dividersx5
Chris Perkins chooses who places first.

The kevindola v. All Your Pie pool of armies is:
* Me-Burq-Sa, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Ne-Gok-Sa, Roman Legionnairesx3
* Nilfheim, Greenscale Warriorsx2
All Your Pie chooses who places first.

The BiggaBullfrog v. Kinseth pool of armies is:
* Kato Katsuro, Ashigaru Harquebusx2, Ashigaru Yarix2
* Othkurik The Black Dragon, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Greenscale Warriorsx3
BiggaBullfrog chooses who places first.

The ViideoSayg v. dok pool of armies is:
* Darrak Ambershard, Heirloom, Me-Burq-Sa, Axegrinders of Burning Forgex3
* Brave Arrow, Finn the Viking Champion, Knights of Westonx2, Mohican River Tribex2
ViideoSayg chooses who places first.

Sir Heroscape July 23rd, 2019 12:57 AM

woohoo!

BiggaBullfrog July 23rd, 2019 10:00 AM

Gah, I was really hoping to avoid The Borogoves. I knew I should have bribed the judges harder. :)

Just as a small request for the players: TrueMurray and I have begun trying our luck and doing commentary for online Heroscape games, and we'd love to do some of these games if we can (because they're so good! and the players are so good!). So if you're okay with me recording your game I'd love to see if I can get in and watch (though by no means would I try to make you play a different time just so I can record it -- just if it works out that way). And I'll be sure to get permission from both players before recording as well.