Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - Accepting Entries! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33565)

krysto2002 November 16th, 2010 08:06 PM

Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - Accepting Entries!

It has come to my attention that this is ENTIRELY necessary!
So first, I'll explain it:
Freelance - anyone
Feedback - what you need and want
Focus Group - what this is

Still foggy, me too, but we'll work that out over time.
The purpose of this thread is to display unfinished custom units (by unfinished, I mean it is a serious custom that could potentially be a viable unit someday) and obtain much-needed feedback.
So here are the rules to units this thread:
1) Only 5 customs at a time
2) 1 Custom per person, you must choose 1 of your OWN!
3) Custom MUST have a card (PM and I can beta one FAST)
4) Custom MUST have a viable and logical proxy that is READILY available to any 'scaper.

So here is how this group will function:
YOU choose any 1 of your units, the first 5 being the 5 to be edited. WE post and display that unit. Then lastly ANYONE and EVERYONE gives "good" feedback (which I will also explain). All displayed units will go in this post. All you must do is monitor this thread once your unit is up, then collect and make decisions based on the feedback.

Benefits? Well if your unit goes through here, you can send it off to SoV and stand a better chance, not to mention displaying it here serves as an excellent selection pallet for, say, CHCG24 who requires nominations... we DON'T. You must be to some degree willing to make needed changes to text and such, but otherwise this is the "finishing touch" most units need nowadays.

So let's say a unit pops up here... you explain it and its purpose/function to clarify any uncertainties, list all possible bonding and synergy and show the card or unit, PLEASE NO HOMEMADE CUSTOMS without proxies.
Now, anyone and hopefully EVERYONE in the customs forum can pop by, and give feedback and suggestions to the author, all of which will need to follow this format:
NAME OF UNIT - Creator
Type of feedback - Reason for Feedback
Such as stat adjustment (make multiple headings for multiple alterations), rewordings, and such. The reason is an optional field to fill out, but most importantly, it is to show if the suggestion stems from playtesting of the unit reviewed

For example:
UNIT blah blah blah
Stat alteration - Playtesting
This unit, when played was too strong defensively for its value. It was too hard to wound and/or has too much life.
I suggest you lower the defense by (#) or life by (#) or raise the point value to (#)

What kind of feedback do we want? Well I have a psych teacher and he taught me all about feedback, and I can say he's 100% right about it.
He classified feedback into 2 categories:
"Bad" Feedback
  • Lacks reasoning
  • Illogical
  • Based on emotion or biased (I don't like it)
  • Unfounded criticism (ie. It sucks. A better response would be it sucks because...)
and "Good" Feedback
  • Provides clear reasoning as to the basis of the opinion
  • Is unbiased
  • Provides a definite suggested solution
  • CLEARLY positive or Negative
This is not a thread to just give the classic "oh, I like it! It looks like a fun unit to play. Sounds cool, good work". Sure that's great for your ego and your self esteem, but what about the unit?

Again, anyone can post a unit here so long as there is an available slot, and anyone can reply so long as there is a unit to reply to.

I am sad to say that I am stepping down from 3FG for now, I honestly don't have the time at the moment given all the circumstances but I hope to back in force to HSers come march. From this point on, as you may already know, user Fi Skirata has taken my place and will moderate this thread.

Check This Post for all current units in 3FG

A unit gets pulled after either:
A) It has gone 2 weeks without any form of reply
B) The owner chooses to do so
C) The unit is deemed utterly unfit to ever be used in heroscape (just kidding!)
or D) Does not have a proxy or viable figure for under $20 US.
E) It is the duty of any custom-maker who has submitted a custom to the 3FG to monitor their unit and any feedback it has received accordingly. If the maker remains inactive their unit will be removed within one week.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

And remember, WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THEMES!! All units welcome.

krysto2002 November 16th, 2010 08:08 PM

Announcement

This is the announcement post, all announcements will go here!

Current news - I'm back and ready to launch! So spread the love of feedback and post your units here (1 per user!) and we'll get to work!

Units presented will be selected in order of post, your unit will be delayed until the following criteria are met:
-Card
-Figure/Proxy
-Possible sources of synergy/bonding (includes ornak and torin!)

Openings available, be the first to fill them.

NEW UNITS UP! Take a look and spread the love!

Killometer November 16th, 2010 08:13 PM

Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG)

Great way to take the initiative, krysto. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread and helping people out when I see something I can offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vBulletin Messenger
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to krysto2002 again

Edit: Added a link to here in the SoV.

krysto2002 November 16th, 2010 10:26 PM

Alrighty then! I'm back and beginning ASAP, the first 4 customs and the next 3 (for the queue) thereafter are open! I'll be putting one of my own into slot 3, slots 1, 2, 4 and 5 are ALL OPEN!
Post your units and a picture of the card with a brief description of their function (ie. filler, use of their abilities, possible bonding/synergy, and so on)
If you're quick, you'll get yours in first, so hurry up otherwise you'll have to wait your turn.
Visitors looking to give feedback themselves, GET READY!

Kaiyu November 16th, 2010 10:40 PM

Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - Accepting Entries

I like this idea. How about we get the ball rolling, eh?

Spoiler Alert!

krysto2002 November 16th, 2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 (Post 1264040)

Spoiler Alert!

What figure does Vlad use?
Rewording - Stench of Death
The first sentence of "Stench of Death could use some minor rewording, try "A figure adjacent to..." OR "...roll 1 less defense die."

Synergy I'd like to point out:
Ornak
Torin
But that's pretty much all.

Otherwise, an interesting use of figures to add to the battlefield, your wording for the special attack is perfect and clearly states exactly what it does and does not do. The unit seems well balanced, but a playtest might determine that. Overall, the text is very clear, it leaves little room for confusion.
All we need now is a figure with which to use and as much feedback as possible.

Devil's Advocate November 16th, 2010 10:55 PM

Can we post a figure if we have the stats, cost, abilities, etc but just not the card made

krysto2002 November 16th, 2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krysto2002 (Post 1263826)
3) Custom MUST have a card (PM and I can beta one FAST)

That answer your question? You can still put up the unit, but it needs a viable proxy as well.

Kaiyu November 16th, 2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krysto2002 (Post 1264055)
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!

The first sentence of "Stench of Death could use some minor rewording, try "A figure adjacent to..." OR "...roll 1 less defense die."

Ornak
Torin

Otherwise, an interesting use of figures to add to the battlefield, your wording for the special attack is perfect and clearly states exactly what it does and does not do. The unit seems well balanced, but a playtest might determine that. Overall, the text is very clear, it leaves little room for confusion.

Curse you grammar! *shakes fist*

You caught me on the figure though ;) I knew that that figure wasn't a viable figure, I just wanted to see if you'd call me out on it or anything. The figure shown is an action figure, but I found a mini that might work.

I can't do any editing on the card tonight.

krysto2002 November 16th, 2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 (Post 1264077)
Quote:

Originally Posted by krysto2002 (Post 1264055)
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!

Ornak
Torin

Curse you grammar! *shakes fist*

You caught me on the figure though ;) I knew that that figure wasn't a viable figure, I just wanted to see if you'd call me out on it or anything. The figure shown is an action figure, but I found a mini that might work.

I can't do any editing on the card tonight.

That's a perfectly fine figure... just tell me what it is! No seriously, name, number, cost? Give me that and you are G2G!

Kaiyu November 16th, 2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krysto2002 (Post 1264082)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 (Post 1264077)
I found a mini that might work.

That's a perfectly fine figure... just tell me what it is! No seriously, name, number, cost? Give me that and you are G2G!

Vlad the Impaler #300 Con Exclusive LE HorrorClix The Lab.
$0.49
29 in stock
You can find it here.

ZBeeblebrox November 16th, 2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killometer (Post 1263838)
Great way to take the initiative, krysto. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread and helping people out when I see something I can offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vBulletin Messenger
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to krysto2002 again

Edit: Added a link to here in the SoV.

I'm with Kilometer on this one..greet job and +rep coming your way.