Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai January 24th, 2011 05:27 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Wow. Nobody wants to help out poor KC with some ideas? You guys are slackin'. :twisted:

Balantai January 24th, 2011 05:37 PM

The Killer Rabit

I'd love to see some sort of fear aura. Maybe the aura is active only when there is a revealed order marker on it's card. That way it shows how everyone is afraid once he starts his rampage.

Maybe some sort of leaping special attack. Something that shows his attack at the throat of one of the knights in the movie. Where he seems to fly for about 20 feet before he attacks.

Otherwise, I see his defense and life pretty low. I can see him with high attack, though. Maybe 5 or even 6.

I think a cool power name would be: Look at the Bones

Here's a draft that I came up with:

The Killer Rabit
Movie: Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Rabit
Unique Hero
Creature
Viscious
Small 1

Life 3
Move 3
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

IT'S ONLY A RABIT
If there are no revealed Order Markers on this card, The Killer Rabit may not be attacked by a non-adjacent figure. You may only take a turn with The Killer Rabit after revealing an Order Marker on this card.

LOOK AT THE BONES
If there is at least 1 revealed Order Marker on this card, all opponent's figures within 5 spaces of The Killer Rabit must subract 2 from their defense.

LUNGING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Before attacking, choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of The Killer Rabit and place The Killer Rabit on any space adjacent to the chosen figure. The Killer Rabit does not take leaving engagement attacks when moved due to Lunging Special Attack.

Lamaclown January 24th, 2011 05:38 PM

How did I miss this!

Great choice, KC. When I saw it I soiled my armor I was so excited!

As far as jumping from knight to knight how about something like this...

LETHAL SPEED (or SHARP POINTY TEETH)
Instead of moving and attacking normally the Rabbit of Caerbannog may move using Lethal Speed. When moving with Lethal Speed the Rabbit may move up to X spaces. Roll 1 unblockable attack for each figure he becomes engaged with while moving with Lethal Speed to a maximum of X figures. The rabbit may not attack the same figure more than once when using Lethal Speed. The Rabbit of Caerbannog never takes leaving engagement attacks when moving with lethal Speed.

Really roughly worded but I hope you get the idea. If he has Disengage as an ability you could drop the last line. He probably shouldn't be able to attack more than 2 figs when moving with this; he could take out 50-66% of a squad in one move with this ability.

Anyhow, something to get the ball rolling.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1321943)
The Killer Rabit

I'd love to see some sort of fear aura. Maybe the aura is active only when there is a revealed order marker on it's card. That way it shows how everyone is afraid once he starts his rampage.

Maybe some sort of leaping special attack. Something that shows his attack at the throat of one of the knights in the movie. Where he seems to fly for about 20 feet before he attacks.

Otherwise, I see his defense and life pretty low. I can see him with high attack, though. Maybe 5 or even 6.

I think a cool power name would be: Look at the Bones

Love the fear aura idea with LOOK AT THE BONES as a name for it.:thumbsup:

mac122 January 24th, 2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1321944)
Great choice, KC. When I saw it I soiled my armor I was so excited!

"Brave Sir Lama ran away! Bravely ran away, away! When danger reared it's ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled..."

I'd like to see it attack all adjacent figures or all figures within a certain range, friend or foe. LC's Lethal Speed Sharp, Pointy Teeth is headed the right direction.

It should have an ability giving it an advantage against adjacent attackers. Maybe extra defense dice against adjacent attackers combined with Counter Strike.

Taeblewalker January 24th, 2011 06:45 PM

How about a power that's called "Nasty Big Point Teeth".

killercactus January 24th, 2011 09:34 PM

Wow - lots of good ideas in a little amount of time. Thanks everyone!

About the fear aura - I agree that Look at the Bones is a great title for it, but I don't like it for this figure. The reason is that no one really IS afraid of it until it's too late - they just think it's a harmless bunny until their head is detached on the ground.

Having said that though, I like Balantai's idea of somehow not allowing it to be attacked until the attacker realizes it's a ferocious beast with nasty big point teeth. That inspired me to try a slightly different take on it that I really think captures the theme of the killer rabbit - no one is afraid of it until it's too late, and it guards the entrance to the cave viciously.

Rabbit of Caerbannog
Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail
Valkrill
Unique Hero
Rabbit
Guard
Ferocious
Small 1
Move: 6 (it is a rabbit, after all)
Range: 1
Attack: 6
Defense: 2
Life: 6

What, Behind the Rabbit?
If the Rabbit is unengaged, it may not be attacked by a non-adjacent figure unless that figure began it's turn adjacent to the Rabbit.

Territorial
The Rabbit may never make leaving engagement attacks.

Leaping Nasty Sharp Pointy Teeth Special Attack
Attack:5 Range:Special
You may choose any Small or Medium figures within 2 clear sight spaces of the Rabbit whose bases are not more than 5 levels above or below the Rabbit's base to be affected by Leaping Nasty Sharp Pointy Teeth Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.

What, Behind the Rabbit? I really like because it captures the theme of what happened in the Holy Grail - the Knights didn't attack it from range until they engaged it and ran away because they thought it was just a harmless bunny. However, I think it's ok to attack from range if you can see it ripping the head off of one of your friends.

Instead of the Special Attack, I considered some sort of first strike attack where, if an adjacent figure tries to attack it, it can leap at it's throat first. That way, it will be very tough to kill at melee no matter how many figures are there, just like the movie. I don't know if that will translate well into Scape though - I think I just like this better.

dfonse January 25th, 2011 05:50 PM

I think that the rabbit should have an ability that makes it hard to hit. Maybe like counterstrike were it engages in opponent from an unengaged position. In the movie king Arthur and his knights all charged but none could hit him. The rabbit did leap from man to man but it was out of defense.

Also, maybe he should have a special like the AE's drop where he starts at any place in the map and anybody that moves with in 3-6 spaces gets hit with an engagement strike.

killercactus January 25th, 2011 06:34 PM

I could add a Meier defense boost and / or engagement strike to Territorial....

Balantai January 25th, 2011 06:37 PM

Personally, I don't really like the current version of Territorial. Maybe because we just put that power on our last card. I think and engagement strike would work great for it, though.

Balantai January 25th, 2011 06:42 PM

For What Behind the Rabbit, how will it work with area of effect special attacks?

Taeblewalker January 25th, 2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1323020)
For What Behind the Rabbit, how will it work with area of effect special attacks?

I would say the same way that it works for, say, Pelloth or a glacially adjacent Dzu-teh who is next to a target of DW9K. It would get caught in the blast.

mac122 January 25th, 2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1323020)

Something like this?
What, Behind the Rabbit?
If the Rabbit of Caerbannog is unengaged, it may not be targeted for a normal attack from a figure that is not adjacent.