Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Meet Other Scapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New England Scene Revival (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53589)

itsbuzzi February 19th, 2018 09:14 AM

Re: New England Scene Revival

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewman-chu (Post 2180335)
There was 2 tournaments at the Artist village in Pawtucket that I remember. They were great because I live in Attleboro. I wouldn't worry about prizes and format too much. The big thing is finding the location and enough people to commit. I have a game club at school and all the students love it, but when they find out it's no longer in stores they lose interest.

Artist Village. I was going through past events and that one didn't come up. My theory is is a place had an event before they are more likely to host another one. The only one I saw that wasn't too far was this place in Providence called mana core. But I will look into that one as well as it isn't too far from me either.

Drewman-chu February 19th, 2018 07:53 PM

I am pretty sure Untapped Games in Pawtucket hosted a tournament too. I think there was a games store in the Artist Village that put on the tournament.

itsbuzzi February 20th, 2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewman-chu (Post 2180503)
I am pretty sure Untapped Games in Pawtucket hosted a tournament too. I think there was a games store in the Artist Village that put on the tournament.

I tried looking up "Artist Village" but nothing came up. Is this a location or the name of the place? A lot of places have either ceased to exist or changed named and such. I Will look into Untapped Games.

Drewman-chu February 20th, 2018 01:20 PM

Artist Village is just a big old mill with a lot of storefronts inside.

itsbuzzi February 20th, 2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewman-chu (Post 2180605)
Artist Village is just a big old mill with a lot of storefronts inside.

Ahh found it. Was strange looking it up but I have a few potential locations thus far and hope to finalize everything by this weekend. Any other venues I should look into?

Drewman-chu February 23rd, 2018 02:30 AM

Church rec centers, halls or anything similar are all go options if you have some connections.

itsbuzzi February 23rd, 2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewman-chu (Post 2181021)
Church rec centers, halls or anything similar are all go options if you have some connections.

No connections that I can think of. The event thread has been posted including a solid location thus far.

farkenshmore March 16th, 2018 10:17 AM

Hi, anyone active in CT? I am in the Branford area

Scapemage June 9th, 2018 10:56 AM

Just found this thread and it would be fantastic to get the scene going again. I see that Buzzi is planning a few events and that's fantastic. My availability is shaky given that I'm in Boston most of the year without a car or any of my Heroscape, but I would be thrilled at any new events.

itsbuzzi June 11th, 2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farkenshmore (Post 2184969)
Hi, anyone active in CT? I am in the Branford area

That's not too far from where I plan events. I plan in the Providence area and surrounding.

MarroCloner164 August 23rd, 2018 09:55 PM

@itsbuzzi Gonna throw my name in here - trying to re-enter the 'scape scene, currently in central CT so I can branch out to the RI, MA areas. God bless these tiny states.

(casually blowing dust off this account I haven't touched in five years, feels good to be back)

Scapemage August 24th, 2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarroCloner164 (Post 2214923)
@itsbuzzi Gonna throw my name in here - trying to re-enter the 'scape scene, currently in central CT so I can branch out to the RI, MA areas. God bless these tiny states.

(casually blowing dust off this account I haven't touched in five years, feels good to be back)

Welcome mate! 'Scape is incredible, I have recently got way back into it myself since the beginning of the year. I'm hoping to hit some of the next tourneys. In the meantime, working on C3G has me hooked every day. :)