Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Favorite Yes album?? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37855)

Mongofa October 1st, 2011 03:14 PM

Favorite Yes album??

For those of you who like Yes, what is your favorite album if you have one?

Kaemon Awa 123 October 1st, 2011 04:44 PM

Re: Favorite Yes album??

I havent' heard of Yes, what genre of music are they?

Mongofa October 1st, 2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 (Post 1490093)
I havent' heard of Yes, what genre of music are they?

In the 70's they were progressive rock, then in the 80's they kinda turned into a pop/rock band. But they are best known for their prog-rock work.

Grishnakh October 1st, 2011 10:24 PM

Close to the Edge.

My all time favorite group. Seen them several times in concert. The best was Radio City Music hall. At one point Rick Wakeman left his keyboard and played the house organ. The concert was all album sides. They did not play Roundabout or any of their top hit singles. It was the best concert I have ever attended.

Carnival Man October 1st, 2011 11:22 PM

Yup, if I had to choose one Yes album I'm with Grishnakh... "Close to the Edge."

PS: Hey Mongofa, are you coming to the Bay Area Brawl? Here's the link: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37440

GaryLASQ October 2nd, 2011 12:35 AM

It might even be my favorite 80s album, with Little Creatures by Talking Heads coming in as a close second favorite.

For me it's like Yes swooped in on the 80s and said "Done!" :) Big Generator (also from the 80s) is alright but doesn't really compare to 90125.

Resistance November 28th, 2011 05:46 PM

Close to the Edge, i also adore Time and a Word.
Yes is an amazing, historic band. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't listened to them.

PS: First post! Greetings HS forums :P

R˙chean January 17th, 2012 02:54 AM

Whichever one was the one that made them finally stop.

Kidding! I like them well enough but just know whatever got played on the radio. Seemed like the older stuff was better but that is true for most every band.

Gurei-Ornery January 17th, 2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishnakh (Post 1490236)
Close to the Edge.

My all time favorite group. Seen them several times in concert. The best was Radio City Music hall. At one point Rick Wakeman left his keyboard and played the house organ. The concert was all album sides. They did not play Roundabout or any of their top hit singles. It was the best concert I have ever attended.

I've seen them multiple times as well, 2nd favorite band to Rush. We used to play Roundabout, Long Distance Runaround, etc. at a heavy metal night at a club near us and the kids moshing would initially have a puzzled look and then thrash anyway.:lol: There would always be a couple of old dudes (me now) that would come up to us and say something like "Hey man, I recognized some of those songs, pretty cool".

Anyway it is difficult to pick a favorite, but right now it would be Drama. It has more of an edge than some of their stuff, of course it is missing Anderson and Wakeman. Ask me tomorrow and it might be The Yes Album. Love The Clap!:shock:

This is an awesome thread. Listening to Yes right now "Yours is no disgrace. ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh dooom..."

Filthy the Clown January 17th, 2012 10:53 AM

90125: I like their sell-out 80s stuff...Although the venerable Starship Troopers is a cool, long-winded romp.

ying20080304 February 13th, 2012 02:05 AM

When I Fall In Love:D

Dragon44 July 12th, 2016 04:31 AM

Big Generator :)