Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2/23/13 Savage Maryland Multiplayer Madness (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47338)

Dad_Scaper December 31st, 2012 11:50 PM

2/23/13 Savage Maryland Multiplayer Madness

SAVAGE MULTIPLAYER MADNESS!!!

The format:
315 points; 18 hexes

My House Rules apply: yes to C3V/SoV, yes to supers but not to C3G. I think the world of the C3G guys and I'm sure the units themselves are fine but they have not been playtested for competitive balance with ValhallaScape and I'm not going to play with those particular matches. Further details in my sig link. All SoV & C3V units released as of this post (12/31/12) will be eligible by 2/23.

Multiplayer FFA scoring as follows: Track the partial card scoring damage you do. At the end of the game, or when time is called, the players are ranked in order of damage done. At a 4 player table points for placing are 4, 2, 1, 0; at a 3 player table it's 4, 2, 0. At the end of the 4-round event add up all your placing scores and that's your tournament score. In the event of a tie, the player with the greater total damage done comes out ahead.

When: 2/23/13, show up 12:30, roll dice 1:00, stop rolling 5:45, leave 6. Or stay at 6 and play around with their open board games; Saturdays at 6 is open board gaming.

Where: The Family Game Store in Savage, Maryland. Great game shop, great tournament space, great little mall.

What: Heroscape, of course! Multiplayer Madness style.

How Much: $5. All of it will go to prize store credit, as usual.

Why: Because it's always good, and multiplayer in this format is the best.

For those not familiar with this format, it is my very favorite. It is both fun and tactically demanding. By the time you leave you will likely have gotten to play with most of the players in attendance. And these games are so wild there does not seem to me to be the tension I see at a traditional tourney *but* a carefully selected and carefully played army will still reward you with a good finish.

Anyway.

Time to start signing up, and suggesting multiplayer maps, if you are so inclined. These are the same maps we used last year, except I removed a couple because that event was huge; feel free to suggest changes.

Maps (No glyphs):

Attending:
  1. D_S
  2. KidScaper
  3. Gurei Ornery
  4. Legos of Bleakewoode
  5. Clancampbell
  6. Xanth
  7. Robber
  8. akden
  9. 10th Regiment of Doom or Possibly Death
  10. Bassist of Doom
  11. Overengineered
  12. Possibly Platypus
  13. Kldonnelly
  14. Hivelord #4
  15. friend of ks #1
  16. crichton
  17. hosj
  18. Bill
  19. Lamaclown
  20. nobody
  21. Davetheterp
  22. Kyle
  23. Kyle's Advisor 1
  24. Kyle's Advisor 2
  25. fallow
  26. Scooter
  27. Knight1231.1
  28. Knight1231.2
  29. Sagrilarus1
  30. Sagrilarus2
  31. Sagrilarus3
  32. KS' Friend 2
  33. Drewcula
  34. jbbnsmith
  35. friend of akden
  36. acquaintance of akden

Maybe:
  • hsoj's brother
  • Eraguy
  • Twinkie

Maps:
3-Fulcrum Flurries-Akden
4-Jungle Rot-DS
4-Kampfzone-Fallow
3-Fight in the Shade-OE
4-Castle Forge-Fallow
4-Mergaine's Redoubt-Akden
3-Fulcrum Flogging-GO
3-Fulcrum Flip-Robber
3-Sacrifice-Fallow
3-The Road to Nowhere-DS
3/4-Ornery Surprise-GO
4-Akden Surprise-akden

Gurei-Ornery January 1st, 2013 09:24 AM

Re: 2/23/12 Savage Maryland Multiplayer Madness

LoB and I are in, unless there is something I don't know about, however there rarely is.;)

clancampbell January 1st, 2013 10:27 AM

Cool. I too love the multi-player format. It's a great break from the norm.

I'm a big fan of the Fulcrum Flurries map. I'd say include that one for sure.

Xanth and I should be there. It is about 2 months away so anything can happen, but we should be there.

You may want to adjust the set up and start times. Pokemon does not end until 1, and at the rate it's been going, the place is overflowing with players. I just hate seeing some of our 'scapers standing out in the hall holding large maps for up to a half hour. Just food for thought.

Dad_Scaper January 1st, 2013 10:33 AM

Has that been happening, Clan? It's always seemed to me we do a decent job of migrating in as they're migrating out.

I don't want people to start building maps at 1. If they're walking in with maps already constructed at 1, that's fine, but if they're walking in with a bucket of terrain, that's a problem.

Thanks for raising the issue. Perhaps this discussion will help them decide for themselves. :)

clancampbell January 1st, 2013 10:46 AM

It hasn't been to big of an issue at the last couple of events. Usually there is a couple of empty spots or even an empty table for a few folks to start setting up. Lately though the Pokemon group has exploded. Roughly a dozen more people have joined and all the tables are full with others waiting to take those spots. Sort of like musical-pokemon-chairs.

Now, pokemon isn't like a tourny so players show up if they want, or don't. I've seen as little as 10 players on a given Saturday, but I've also seen as many 40. Lately it's trending towards the upper end of the spectrum.

Dad_Scaper January 1st, 2013 10:48 AM

Got it.

So players bringing fully constructed maps do not *need* to be there at 12:30, and indeed may be slightly inconvenienced if they are, but players who are bringing tubs of terrain should come as early as possible and try to find a little table space.

Lesson learned.

Thanks, Clan. :)

Gurei-Ornery January 1st, 2013 11:47 AM

You realize that you are interfering with Prezcon 2013 in Charlottesville, VA. I'm surprised you aren't entered in the Race for the Galaxy event.:p

Also, put Stephen down as a maybe.

Gurei-Ornery January 1st, 2013 11:50 AM

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

Robber January 1st, 2013 12:44 PM

Put me down as a maybe. I'll be talking with my dad and the usual group about who can come. By a quick glance at our calendar we're free.

Also don't forget it's 2013, the title threw me off for about a minute :p

Dad_Scaper January 1st, 2013 12:58 PM

Hah! Thanks.

Gurei-Ornery January 1st, 2013 01:35 PM

Re: 2/23/13 Savage Maryland Multiplayer Madness

You are slipping Dad, it is wrong in your sig also.

Dad_Scaper January 1st, 2013 04:02 PM

Re: 2/23/13 Savage Maryland Multiplayer Madness

I'm not slipping, sadly. That's typical. *sigh* [fixed]

edit: I'll put Stephen down as a Yes, for now. Handling the maybe list is a bigger pain than it's worth. Tell him I've put him down as a yes and I'm depending on him. :)