Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Maps & Scenarios (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Map & Scenario Public Submissions Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=43045)

quozl August 20th, 2012 03:11 PM

Map & Scenario Public Submissions Thread

This for any public submissions for maps and scenarios. If you submit something here, the C3G mapmakers may vote it in. If they do, you will be asked to lead the design for C3G.

We will need virtualscape files for submission.

A3n August 20th, 2012 04:14 PM

Re: Map & Scenario Public Submissions Thread

:subscribed: & waiting with anticipation. :D

IAmBatman August 20th, 2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1661359)
:subscribed: & waiting with anticipation. :D

:word: I might even send a crazy map or two your way from time to time as well. :-P

quozl August 20th, 2012 08:50 PM

Or maybe even a scenario!

IAmBatman August 20th, 2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1661501)
Or maybe even a scenario!

I'll probably keen any of those in the Inner Sanctum. ;-)

Viegon August 20th, 2012 09:45 PM

So anyone can post a map here at any time? No restrictions?

I don't have anything put together right now, and won't have the time to do so for awhile either, but I do plan to put together some maps to post here eventually (if I'm allowed, of course).

Again, brilliant idea, I look forward to what comes out of it.

quozl August 20th, 2012 09:49 PM

The only restrictions are:

It needs to be in Virtualscape.
You need to be willing to lead the design if we vote for it.

Yodaking August 21st, 2012 02:15 AM

What is the time line for submission, voting, starting the map thread, then finishing the map? I'm planning on throwing several maps up here for a vote but I also have the Joker Goons to LD real soon and I don't want to over extend myself by trying to LD two different things at once.

Viegon August 21st, 2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1661553)
The only restrictions are:

It needs to be in Virtualscape.
You need to be willing to lead the design if we vote for it.

Okay, thanks, hope I can get the time soon to put something together.

Zettian Juggernaut August 21st, 2012 10:05 AM

Well I will submit a few, but I don't have the time right now.

A3n August 21st, 2012 05:04 PM

I think we should have one rule of only one submission per person at a time. So put your best map forward.

Yodaking August 22nd, 2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1661865)
I think we should have one rule of only one submission per person at a time. So put your best map forward.

Is this a new rule then or are you just making a suggestion to the other members about how it should be run?

I personally don't agree with this line of thought. What I consider my best map, or think would be the most interesting to develop might not at all be what you and the other judges are most interested in seeing done. I'd rather just put up several ideas and let you and the other 5 judges decide which one you would most want to see get done. Plus if I can only have 1 map put forth at a time, how long do I let it sit without winning before I withdraw it to submit something different? A month, 2 months?

Of course I do see where you guys could get a bit overwhelmed if you have 20-30 map submissions all at once. Maybe those interested in submitting ideas could start their own thread where they post all their different concepts. Then the 6 judges could just nominate 1 map each that they like, once per month, picked from the various threads. Once the 6 maps are nominated, each judge ranks them 1-6, score them like the public design thread has done with the highest score winning that months open map design spot.

Since only the judges are nominating and voting on the maps, this keeps creative control in the hand of the C3G Map Makers while letting would be participants throw out many different ideas (competitive vs. casual, large vs. small, urban vs. rural, etc.) to see what sticks.