Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Shi (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50114)

Lord Pyre April 12th, 2014 03:34 PM

The Book of Shi

The Book of Shi

C3G CRUSADE WAVE 23
AROUND THE WORLD

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/..._Shi_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...G_Shi_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set.
Its model number and name are #058-060 / Shi.

Character Bio - Shi is a young woman named Ana Ishikawa. Her father Shiro was a Japanese warrior and her mother Catherine is an American Catholic missionary. As a child, Ana witnessed the brutal murder of her father and brother at the hands of an upstart Yakuza thug named Masahiro Arashi.
Bent on impressing the leaders of the Osaka crime syndicate, Arashi leaves a calling card with every murder he commits – a simple coin engraved with the kanji for death, shi. Escaping the hitman, Ana is consequently spirited away and raised by her grandfather amid the sacred temples of Kyoto, where he secretly trains Ana in the ways of the Sohei so that she could seek out Arashi and avenge her family's honor.
Still clutching the coins left on the bodies of her brother and father, this vengeful obsession consumes Ana's very being as she completely gives herself to "Shi" - the living embodiment of Death, a demon who since childhood, has terrified while encouraging her in her crusade of vengeance.
However, Shi is soon confronted by her mother's Catholic teachings, and Ana's life soon becomes one of inner conflict between her programmed mission of revenge and the Christian faith she secretly harbors.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Fighter

Lord Pyre April 12th, 2014 03:36 PM

Re: The Book of Shi ~~ Design Phase

NAME = SHI
SECRET IDENTITY = ANA ISHIKAWA

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEVOUT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

NAGINATAJUTSU SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
After attacking with Naginatajutsu Special Attack, you may attack two additional times. Shi may not attack the same figure more than twice.

A COWARD'S REWARD
Shi rolls one additional die against figures leaving an engagement with her.

SWIFT STRIKE
If Shi is targeted by an opponent's figure for a normal, adjacent attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, the attacking figure receives a wound.

Lord Pyre April 12th, 2014 03:40 PM

Should be pretty straight forward here. In a earlier discussion, it was brought up that Naginata strike might have some mechanical problems, and that we could re-use Evasive Strike. I like what's there now, but wouldn't be opposed to switching if we had to.

I'll throw up a bio later on, but basically she's been trained by her Sohei (type of samurai, kind of) grandfather, and she's trying to avenge her father, brother, and best friend who was killed by a yakuza boss. So she kills his men one by one before she gets a shot at him. She's also a devout Christian, and that's part of her inner struggle throughout the series, so I have her personality the way it is as a nod to that.

Not sure I want to keep her class as Sohei. The other characters from the series I'm going to have as Yakuza or Assassins with synergy. We could do Vigilante, but that's not quite perfect, in my opinion.

TrollBrute April 12th, 2014 05:45 PM

I like it. Pretty simple, but looks like fun. I think Naginata Strike is probably okay if you change when it triggers:

Quote:

If Shi is targeted by an opponent for a normal, adjacent attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound.
We have other powers that trigger on targeting so it should be fine.

johnny139 April 12th, 2014 06:16 PM

"Sohei" are a type of monk, so "Monk" could work for a class.

Seems fine to me. Naginatajutsu seems sort of arbitrary in its restrictions, though. That's my only complaint.

IAmBatman April 12th, 2014 07:51 PM

No concerns here that haven't already been mentioned. She looks nasty.

quozl April 12th, 2014 09:50 PM

I'd rather have the special attack at 3 and the normal at 4.

A3n April 13th, 2014 07:34 AM

I got nothing more here. I don't know the character & the others have the mechanics covered.

SirGalahad April 13th, 2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1928231)

:word:

TrollBrute April 13th, 2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1928295)
Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1928231)

Lord Pyre April 13th, 2014 01:19 PM

I'd rather drop her range altogether than drop the power of her Special Attack. I definitely want her on par with Elektra and such, so during the initial I'll tweak it until she's about there.

IAmBatman April 13th, 2014 01:31 PM

I don't mind where the normal and special attacks are. The normal attack is ranged, and will still have use.