Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Johnny Cage (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55822)

Lazy Orang May 23rd, 2019 12:47 PM

The Book of Johnny Cage

The Book of Johnny Cage

C3G DC WAVE 29
CHRISTMAS IN JULY

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Cage_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...yCage_mini.png
Mini PDF
The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Amazing Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #009 / Daimon Hellstrom.
Tutorial on How to Paint/Mod this Figure

Character Bio - You know him, you love him. He's the OG badass of the kumite, one of the premiere competitors of Earthrealm, and he looks damn good doing it! At the time of the first Shaolin Tournament, Johnny Cage (born Jonathan Carlton) was "just" an internationally renowned movie star and martial artist. Now? He's the real deal baby. And sure, he's not afraid to go for a low blow or talk some trash here and there, but can you blame him? The fans love it! And Johnny lives for the fans. He would break your legs and still sign an autograph after the fight... that's just the kind of guy he is. (by johnny139)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Lazy Orang May 23rd, 2019 12:47 PM

Re: The Book of Johnny Cage - Breathing

NAME = JOHNNY CAGE
SECRET IDENTITY = JONATHAN CARLTON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CELEBRITY
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 175

NUT PUNCH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
After the defending figure rolls defense dice, if you rolled a skull on every die, the defending figure receives one unblockable hit, the defending figure subtracts one shield when rolling defense dice for the rest of Johnny's turn, and Johnny may attack again with either a normal attack or Shadow Kick Special Attack.

SHADOW KICK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4
Before attacking with this special attack, you may move Johnny up to 2 spaces in a straight line. Johnny will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with this special attack. If you inflict one or more wounds on a small or medium figure with this special attack, you may place that figure on an empty space up to X spaces away from its current placement, where X is the number of wounds inflicted. Placed figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks and must be placed farther away from Johnny.

COCKY DEFENSE
Whenever Johnny is targeted for a normal attack from an adjacent figure, before attack dice are rolled, you may subtract up to 2 dice from Johnny's defense for this attack. After defending, if Johnny has not been destroyed, you may roll one unblockable die against the attacking figure for each die subtracted.

Lazy Orang May 23rd, 2019 12:49 PM

Comic:

Background:

Figure Tutorial:
Spoiler Alert!

Lazy Orang May 23rd, 2019 12:52 PM

Made a small change to the first SA where it only works if you roll all skulls and the defending figure actually rolls defence dice, allowing Spidey to dodge it or Green Lanterns to block it with a forcefield, as well as changing the name to Nutcracker to 'paper over thematic weirdness' as someone put it.
Main things to decide before an initial are whether to go for 4 or 5 Attack on the Shadow Kick and what cost to start the chap at.

johnny139 May 23rd, 2019 01:02 PM

My main thoughts are that Shadow Kick's movement might want to go down to 2, just to reign in his threat range a touch, and lock it at 4. I think Nutcracker combos can make a potent combination, so we should aim low and bump him if it's underwhelming.

Seems high 100s to me but I'm no expert. :shrug;

In general excited to see him show up, though. He's always been my favorite (for entirely shallow reasons :lol).

Scapemage May 23rd, 2019 01:57 PM

I would also prefer Shadow Kick moving only 2 spaces. The horizontal land Mortal Kombat characters fight on isn't all that large, and having someone fly 15 feet from a kick seems a bit over the top anyways. I'm generally in line with Johnny. It's easier to bring him up in power than it is down.

Lazy Orang May 23rd, 2019 05:36 PM

I'm good with dropping SK's movement to 2. Just need to decide whether it should be 4 or 5 attack. Thoughts?

MrNobody May 23rd, 2019 06:17 PM

I’m for 4.

LordVenoc May 24th, 2019 08:30 PM

I'm on board with 4 as well.

Margloth May 24th, 2019 10:35 PM

4 for shadow kick.

What does his range of 3 represent?

Lazy Orang May 25th, 2019 06:15 AM

I think it's some kind of energy/chi ball thing? I know he does have a ranged attack in the games, but I can't remember what. @Arkham 'll probably have a better idea.

Sounds like we're going 4 attack for Shadow Kick.

~Lazy Orang, pissing off now for her birthday! :)

Lazy Orang May 25th, 2019 06:20 PM

Shadow Kick updated, proposing Initial Testing at 180.