Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Spider-Verse/Spider-Family Workshop (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=54356)

Soundwarp SG-1 October 10th, 2017 07:05 PM

Re: Spider-Verse/Spider-Family Faction Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2164725)
Yeah, they don't all have it. UK definitely doesn't. Spidey Noir is inconsistent, but I'm planning on going without for him - pretty sure he didn't have it (or at least not to the extent that Spidey-classic does) in his original stories.

Noir seems to have one in the Web Warriors stuff at least, as there is one panel where everyone present (Ham, Mayday, UK, Spider-Girl, India, Noir) is 'tingling' in response to some Electros showing up (most of all the terrifying Electro-Horse!) except UK. But yeah, I'd agree it's really not so critical that it has to be on his card. Especially since Mayday already doesn't have Spider-Sense on her card.

Ronin October 10th, 2017 10:38 PM

NAME = MASTER WEAVER
SECRET IDENTITY = KARN

SPECIES = INHERITOR
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = WEAVER
PERSONALITY = BROODING

SIZE/HEIGHT = ---

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 0
RANGE = 0
ATTACK = 0
DEFENSE = 0

POINTS = ???

WEB OF LIFE AND DESTINY
Master Weaver does not have a figure and cannot be placed on the battlefield. When an Army Card you control with the Swing Line or Web Swing special power has all of its figures destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.

SPIDERS FROM MANY STRANDS
You may draft two or more different Unique Army Cards that share a Secret Identity as long as all such Army Cards have the Swing Line or Web Swing special power.
Bio - The Master Weaver lives at Loomworld, tending to the Web of Life and Destiny. The Web connects all realities and allows the Weaver to gather Spider-Totems from across the multiverse. Loomworld serves as the home base for the Warriors of the Great Web, and the Master Weaver helps coordinate their actions from Loomworld. With his aid, Spider-Totems from across the multiverse protect worlds that have no Spider-Men of their own.
Notes - Master Weaver is, essentially, the "guy in the chair" for the Web Warriors. I wanted a quick-and-easy "draft multiple Peter Parkers" solution, and I thought this might be a decent way of doing it, since it would be a little less organic on Spider-UK.

It may need some clarification, but the intent is that you could draft Hasbro Spider-Man and C3G Spider-Man together, but not two Hasbro Spider-Men or two C3G Spider-Men. IE, he allows two of the same Secret Identity but not two of the same exact Army Card.

I didn't get specific about Peter Parker, since there are some other Spider-Folks that have had multiple incarnations. So if someday we had a Venom (May Parker), Master Weaver could let you draft her with Spider-Girl (May Parker).

10/12/2017 - updated Web of Life and Destiny with Contingency Plan effect

Spidey'tilIDie October 11th, 2017 01:43 PM

Questions:
1) if I’m opposing him, how do I get rid of Master Weaver?
2) I didn’t think Noir had webline or swing line, but a grapple gun; how will you incorporate him?

Ronin October 11th, 2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 2164796)
Questions:
1) if I’m opposing him, how do I get rid of Master Weaver?
2) I didn’t think Noir had webline or swing line, but a grapple gun; how will you incorporate him?

1) Pretty sure you wouldn't have to. Rules-wise, he's not on the battlefield so he doesn't count for victory conditions
2) My current write-up for Noir has Acrobatic Leap off Red Hood. It's from before we decided to use Swing Line as a keyword power. I might try to get around that with some keyword equivalency type wording to get his movement power to count as Swing Line (like how we got the Animated Vines to count as Jungle Pieces)

japes October 11th, 2017 02:02 PM

Could you tack on "...If you do not control any figures with the Swing line or Web Sling power, destroy this figure"

Though I'm not sure what word to use...it's not really a figure to destroy.

So maybe the "if this is the only figure in your army..." Crap that doesn't work either.

quozl October 11th, 2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2164802)
1) Pretty sure you wouldn't have to. Rules-wise, he's not on the battlefield so he doesn't count for victory conditions

:word:

Soundwarp SG-1 October 11th, 2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2164804)
Could you tack on "...If you do not control any figures with the Swing line or Web Sling power, destroy this figure"

Though I'm not sure what word to use...it's not really a figure to destroy.

So maybe the "if this is the only figure in your army..." Crap that doesn't work either.

Well, none of that would do anything even if you did have a way to word it correctly. If he doesn't have a figure on the battlefield he doesn't count for victory conditions and such and is effectively 'pre-destroyed' at the start of the game as far as winning/losing goes, so there just isn't a need to have anything that 'destroys' him like that.

Though if Spidey's goal was more like wanting a way to be able to interact with him in someway and shut off his powers during the game, that's probably best done by just adding in a 'this power is negated if such-and-such condition happens' type clause. Though power level wise, I really don't think such a thing is needed.

Ronin October 11th, 2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 (Post 2164809)
Though if Spidey's goal was more like wanting a way to be able to interact with him in someway and shut off his powers during the game, that's probably best done by just adding in a 'this power is negated if such-and-such condition happens' type clause. Though power level wise, I really don't think such a thing is needed.

That's a fair point that I forgot to address before. I definitely want to keep him at a power level where it wouldn't be too frustrating that you couldn't get at him and shut him down. It occurred to me today that it might even be a good idea to swap out the Brainiac-lite effect for a Contingency Plan deal. Might more closely match his role.

Soundwarp SG-1 October 11th, 2017 07:16 PM

I really don't think the original 'Brainiac-lite' version is anything to worry about, unless like he also just doesn't have a point cost or something silly. 'Spider Contingency Plan' or the like does seem a lot more on theme though, Karn is more of a strategic asset than a tactical one.

Ronin October 12th, 2017 08:21 PM

Yeah, I think the theme is a lot stronger on that version. Might also help the faction a little more, especially if they don't end up with a straight-up traditional OM Hub.

Lord Pyre October 23rd, 2017 11:25 PM

Ooh, I'll have to dig up my Anya design. Huge fan of her, and know I have a write-up I really liked sitting somewhere .

Ronin October 23rd, 2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 2166221)
Ooh, I'll have to dig up my Anya design. Huge fan of her, and know I have a write-up I really liked sitting somewhere .

Please do! She's one that I have no ideas for, so I'd love to see what you've got.