Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Contests and Forum Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Ruins of Valhalla: Map Reviews (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53308)

Sir Heroscape August 29th, 2016 11:48 AM

Ruins of Valhalla: Map Reviews

The Ruins of Valhalla
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3hhu8r1c.jpg

Full Ruins of Valhalla Index
Spoiler Alert!

Official Map Reviews: Tournament worthy?
Spoiler Alert!

Contest Details
Spoiler Alert!

TREX August 29th, 2016 01:48 PM

Re: Map Building Contest: Ruins of Valhalla

Exactly what I was thinking in the OP @Sir Heroscape. To the contestants, I have settled on what kind of tower it will be. It will be a Weathered Castle Dice Tower in lieu with the Theme of the map build. You will love it.:)

EDIT: Also, I would add to the OP on the Balanced Requirement that it must be symmetrical or asymmetrical in balance.

Tornado August 29th, 2016 05:17 PM

TREX Dice Tower! Sweet. :)

TheSparkleInYourWater August 30th, 2016 01:27 PM

Awesome to see a map contest up, it has been a while.

Is there a story behind the Ruins of Valhalla theme that I should be aware of for putting together a map?

TREX August 30th, 2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater (Post 2107856)
Awesome to see a map contest up, it has been a while.

Is there a story behind the Ruins of Valhalla theme that I should be aware of for putting together a map?

Nope, just your take on what Ruins of Valhalla means to you...oh, and make it really fun to play on.:) and look awesome.:)

@Tornado , and you guys won't be dissatisfied with the tower I'm putting together for this. I'll have pics up soon enough.

TREX August 31st, 2016 01:50 AM

Here is a link to the type of tower that will be the prize.
CASTLE DICE TOWER

Not this specific one, because this one is for @The B.I.V.

EDIT: Here is the VICTORY PRIZE!

Sir Heroscape August 31st, 2016 07:40 AM

@Dignan @All Your Pie @Annerios @arp12 @Bengi @BiggaBullfrog @Blodshogams @Browncoat @Buddy Lee @Cavalier @cavie @dok @Eclipse @Elstree @nyys @Fedex worker @Filthy the Clown @GaryLASQ @GeneralRolando @Hahma @Nadi @Hex_Enduction_Hour @hivelord @j-Bird @Jexik @killercactus @Killometer @kolakoski @kriegskeks @Lamaclown @legoboy @lonewolf @mad_wookiee @master4sword @MegaSilver @Mooseman @NecroBlade @Obsidian @ollie @pauldragon @peteparkerh @quozl @rednax @Retlaw @robbdaman @Robber @R˙chean @rym @Ryougabot @'Scaper94 @Shades fan @Sherman Davies @skyknight @Scapemage @srmalloy @stubobj @SuperflyTNT @Swamper @Taelord @tannergx @The CEE @tom @twilkerson @Typhon2222 @Viegon @Warlord Alpha @Wind Lane @Yodaking @zanter

p.s for those confused why I tagged you...see the OP, just trying to get all our great cartographers on board :)

Tornado August 31st, 2016 07:44 AM

All Power and Treasure Glyphs may be used regardless of the sets used for the map?

EDIT: Oh hell no. Too much competition, I am out. :)

Tiranx August 31st, 2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2107939)
All Power and Treasure Glyphs may be used regardless of the sets used for the map?

EDIT: Oh hell no. Too much competition, I am out. :)

Yes, you have access to all glyphs regardless of sets being used. Also, there is currently no competition.

All Your Pie August 31st, 2016 10:20 AM

That's a bit of an oddball, tagging me in a list of mapmakers. That said, I have been considering entering this contest regardless of my limited ability (and total lack of knowledge on where my virtualScape files are stored on my computer, heh).

Can we assume BoV requirements on areas where none are listed? For instance, is use of uncapped pillars allowed in this contest?

Tiranx August 31st, 2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Your Pie (Post 2107962)
That's a bit of an oddball, tagging me in a list of mapmakers. That said, I have been considering entering this contest regardless of my limits ability (and total lack of knowledge on where my virtualScape files are stored on my computer, heh).

Can we assume BoV requirements on areas where none are listed? For instance, is use of uncapped pillars allowed in this contest?

I have no problem with uncapped pillars. As for @TREX and @Sir Heroscape , I'm not sure.

TREX August 31st, 2016 10:46 AM

Uncapped castle walls are a great LOS blocker while keeping ranged flyers at bay. I think they are great for making maps and have done so with many of mine.