Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Changes to the BOOKS Index - Dec. 21, 2009 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28040)

Revdyer December 18th, 2009 10:10 AM

Changes to the BOOKS Index - Dec. 21, 2009

We are now in the process of adding the Master Set III/Battle for the Underdark cards to the BOOKS and the indices.

I would much appreciate it if you would keep the theoryScape and mere speculation to the pre-release threads. If you have solid information from proxy play, that could be useful in the BOOKS.

Thank you all for your cooperation and special thanks to the BOOKS authors for their work.

Revdyer December 21st, 2009 08:43 AM

Re: Adding MSIII to the BOOKS

The listing by Waves and Packs is now updated to include the Wave numbers and to show the Packs for Wave 9.

Kroc December 21st, 2009 08:51 AM

Re: Changes to the BOOKS Index - Dec. 21, 2009

Completely agree, here, I wish you guys hadn't even opened the real books until a couple of weeks after the release. Here's the links to the threads for those who love to Theoryscape:
Ana Karithon
Darrik Ambershad
Deepwyrm Drow
Erevan Sunshadow
Feral Troll
Orthurik, the Black Dragon
Pelloth
Tandros Kreel

Revdyer December 21st, 2009 08:57 AM

Kroc, I, myself, have mixed feelings about the early posting of BOOKS. On the one hand, I like having a solid place for the earliest (even proxy) experiences and experiments with new figures and squads. On the other hand, I detest the popularity "voting" and ill-founded speculations. At this point, I think having the BOOKS up early and having the pre-release threads too, is a workable compromise. I'll continue to gripe (and edit) about keeping the BOOKS informative.

nyys December 21st, 2009 09:07 AM

How about locking the book threads until the units are released? This way the info is here on the site, but all 'junk' can go in the pre-release threads. Maybe even add a post after the first one with a link to the pre-release thread if there is something someone wants/needs to say?

Kroc December 21st, 2009 09:13 AM

I went through the books and added a link to the pre-discussion threads. I'm not sure if Rev wants to be so authoritive as to lock the books. Spite put them up after all.

Jim December 21st, 2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kroc (Post 978177)
I went through the books and added a link to the pre-discussion threads. I'm not sure if Rev wants to be so authoritive as to lock the books. Spiteput them up after all.

You have no idea. :twisted:

Revdyer December 21st, 2009 11:03 AM

I do not have the authority to lock threads. I'm just a lowly Mod, not a mighty Admin. <grin>

spiteofthedice December 23rd, 2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revdyer (Post 978222)
a mighty Admin.

You just got Manfred Mann stuck in my head.

Revdyer December 23rd, 2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiteofthedice (Post 979550)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Revdyer (Post 978222)
a mighty Admin.

You just got Manfred Mann stuck in my head.

"Come on without, come on within, you've not seen nothin' like the Mighty Quinn."

One of my all-time favorite songs, in several different covers and the Dylan original.

Tai-Pan December 24th, 2009 01:12 AM

The pre-release discussion threads got me wondering, should we make a set of discussion threads where 'unofficial' and 'chat-room' type discussions can take place. Then if you want to say, 'Figure X is amazing!' you can do it in the discussion thread, but if you need some important information on a unit, you can check out the official books.

Tai-Pan December 26th, 2009 08:48 AM

somebody? anybody? comments? good idea? bad idea?