Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C3G Books of Index (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28457)

Drewman-chu January 25th, 2010 09:46 PM

Re: The C3G Release Party! - It's On! :-D

Congratulations guys I followed this project pretty closely even if I didn't get to post a lot. You guys deserve a huge round of applause for your dedicated effort and the the top notch product you have created. I love the knockback rule! Can't wait for the X-men set.

IAmBatman January 25th, 2010 09:49 PM

I'm really floored at how much love Knockback has gotten! :-) I thought people would be more on the fence with rules additions like that since I know a lot of people are wary to depart too much from the official game.
This is making me think that Destructible Object rules (for throwing them, essentially) should be a bigger priority than they are for us right now.

Hahma January 25th, 2010 10:02 PM

The people have spoken:D

Drewman-chu January 25th, 2010 10:09 PM

I saw this in another thread, but down the road C3G must consider doing a "Secret Wars" scenario. I think it would be a huge hit. You could do maps based on the Battleplanet and recreate some of the battles. Or how about JLA vs Avengers that would be incredible. Wow the possibilities are endless.

IAmBatman January 25th, 2010 10:11 PM

Yeah, we're probably mostly taking a break from scenarios until we get a ton more units out, but I'd definitely like to get back into some of them eventually (probably campaign style so I can write more silly little storylines to go with them ... :-P ).

Griffin January 25th, 2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 996600)
Errata:
Add one more bullet point to Green Arrow's card.

Nooooo! Crap! :o
Man we OCD'ed about every detail of the cards and rulebook, forcing poor GreyOwl to do the work over and over, and ended up with a missing bullet... I knew that as many times as things were edited we were bound to accidentally delete something and overlook it.

:sigh: Well, thanks for pointing it out.

Hahma January 25th, 2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 996793)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 996600)
Errata:
Add one more bullet point to Green Arrow's card.

Nooooo! Crap! :o
Man we OCD'ed about every detail of the cards and rulebook, forcing poor GreyOwl to do the work over and over, and ended up with a missing bullet... I knew that as many times as things were edited we were bound to accidentally delete something and overlook it.

:sigh: Well, thanks for pointing it out.

Well you know Griff, when you look at something over and over and over, sometimes things still get missed. Perhaps a fresh pair of eyes made it easier to catch. :)

Mr Migraine January 25th, 2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 996799)

Well you know Griff, when you look at something over and over and over, sometimes things still get missed. Perhaps a fresh pair of eyes made it easier to catch. :)

While we're on the subject, there is an inconsistency with the "less dice" vs. "fewer dice," wording. Count Vertigo's special mentions "less," which is grammatically incorrect but is the Heroscape standard, while Green Arrow used "fewer."

It's not a large issue at all, but anybody can use an extra copy editor or two. :)

BTW, I can't even put into words how awesome and professional the final product looks. Props, guys.

Hahma January 25th, 2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Migraine (Post 996814)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 996799)

While we're on the subject, there is an inconsistency with the "less dice" vs. "fewer dice," wording. Count Vertigo's special mentions "fewer," which is grammatically incorrect but is the Heroscape standard, while Green Arrow used "less."

It's not a large issue at all, but anybody can use an extra copy editor or two. :)

BTW, I can't even put into words how awesome and professional the final product looks. Props, guys.

Thanks Mr. Migraine for the props and the correction, though you had it backwards, Green Arrow has "fewer" and Vertigo has "less". :p But you are right otherwise. It's weird when you see the cards so much and playtest them and such, we know how the powers work and may overlook the minor wording issues like that. Though we did look at them a lot and thought we caught everything. Thanks again.

A3n January 25th, 2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

While we're on the subject, there is an inconsistency with the "less dice" vs. "fewer dice," wording. Count Vertigo's special mentions "fewer," which is grammatically incorrect but is the Heroscape standard, while Green Arrow used "less."

The problem here is that even the official ones aren't consistent as "less" is also used officially. Without looking too hard I can say Hulk & Spider-man both use the word "less". We were trying to hold ourselves to the highest standard though & wanted as much consistency as possible but obviously we missed this one. It's bound to happen when you are (as much as possible) basing the powers off the official ones, you get caught up in the wording on one card & not realise we used the other official wording for another card.

Hope you enjoy the end result anyway.

Cheers

Mr Migraine January 25th, 2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 996829)
Quote:

The problem here is that even the official ones aren't consistent as "less" is also used officially. Without looking too hard I can say Hulk & Spider-man both use the word "less". We were trying to hold ourselves to the highest standard though & wanted as much consistency as possible but obviously we missed this one. It's bound to happen when you are (as much as possible) basing the powers off the official ones, you get caught up in the wording on one card & not realise we used the other official wording for another card.

Cheers

I feel like a total idiot. Switch "fewer" and "less" in my sentence and that is what I meant. I will enjoy the end result for sure.

I guess I should be asleep right now. ;)

Griffin January 26th, 2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 996829)
Quote:

Cheers

Well said A3N. I like to think that we here at C3G are consistently inconsistent. :p