Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred March 18th, 2018 10:16 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Not to be a stickler, but we literally need thumb emojis

:up:

Zetsubo March 18th, 2018 11:35 AM

Finally got some free time now that spring break is here. The Sleestak Raiders look really good. I can't find anything else to change that would improve them. With the amount of space the wording takes up, I'll probably house rule Flee From Light can work for overhangs.

:thumbsup: I approve of how the card is and give my vote to finish the Sleestak Raiders

Tornado March 18th, 2018 11:51 AM

Still not sure I am worthy of a vote but if it helps. :thumbsup:

Confred March 18th, 2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2185258)
Still not sure I am worthy of a vote but if it helps. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club. If you're worthy enough to train the Teen Titans, you're worthy enough to vote here.

That's three thumbs!
Sleestak Raiders pass! Members have until Wednesday to veto. Revisiting the design may be done in another thread otherwise.

Next up is @Taeblewalker and he has chosen Spock from Star Trek!!

In this first stage, we don't concern ourselves with wording or even practicality - instead we explore what it means to be this character.
Brainstorm ideas and list everything that comes to mind that defines Mr. Spock.
Then we'll explore which Valkyrie Lord General is summoning him to Valhalla and why.

To kick things off, I quote the design lead himself, "For Mr. Spock I'm thinking his powers should be Vulcan Nerve Pinch, Mind Meld and Phasers on Stun."

Tornado March 18th, 2018 01:09 PM

I thought it was called Vulcan Death Grip? Did they make it more PC?

I remember my friend asking our martial arts teacher about it and he said it worked but would really cause death. Still not sure if he was just messing with us. :)

Taeblewalker March 18th, 2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2185265)

I remember my friend asking our martial arts teacher about it and he said it worked but would really cause death. Still not sure if he was just messing with us. :)

Since the grip doesn't kill but only incapacitates, I think pinch is correct. I see it working like James Murphy's whip. Phasers set to stun can remove order markers, while mind meld can let him see order markers on the target figure's card.

These are just my initial thoughts.

TREX March 18th, 2018 04:44 PM

Spock. Very cool choice.

Confred March 18th, 2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2185274)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2185265)

Since the grip doesn't kill but only incapacitates, I think pinch is correct. I see it working like James Murphy's whip. Phasers set to stun can remove order markers, while mind meld can let him see order markers on the target figure's card.

These are just my initial thoughts.

I sense Spock to be more than this. Who is he - the essence of his character?

But yes, Vulcan Death/Nerve Grip/Pinch are too iconic to ignore.

Precise personality?

Taeblewalker March 18th, 2018 09:05 PM

I'm thinking logical personality. And I can't think of a way to work a tricorder into Heroscape rules.

Confred March 18th, 2018 10:30 PM

wiki says Vulcan nerve pinch, (which renders a person unconscious by applying pressure to pressure points at the base of the neck)

Confred March 18th, 2018 11:15 PM

Having some fun making a card instead of getting ahead of RL work for tomorrow...

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...k_original.jpg

JC McMinis March 19th, 2018 06:28 PM

My apologies for being absent life has been crazy. I will put up a finalized version of the sleestak on the display thread asap. I will be on vacation next week, but will pay atention to the thread and trt and comment on spock. Are we doing classic tv spock or new j.j. Abrams movies spock?