Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Sightings and Sales (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Collection for Sale (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=42295)

KnobleSavage October 16th, 2012 08:33 PM

Re: Collection for Sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 1696612)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1696609)
Quote:

Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone (Post 1696575)
If you want any respect at all KnobleSavage, then you don't post real names of members, especially first and last, without their permission.

Shoulda known that somehow in this, I would be the bad guy....

sigh...

My name is Perry Clayton

You're not the bad guy. ;) But you did post someone's name on the internet in a public place without their permission. Posting your own name (which implies you have your own permission) is not the same thing. :)

Its fine to share your bad experience with Onacara, there's nothing prohibiting you from doing that in the appropriate place, but that doesn't give you license to post his name on the internet in a public place without his permission.

I have edited the offending messages....

Sorry... but I'm really kind of pissed right now.

capsocrates October 16th, 2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1696613)
Sorry... but I'm really kind of pissed right now.

That's understandable. Onacara made a mistake and you did not get everything you paid for. I am sure that he will fix it once he is aware of the situation.

Garenex October 16th, 2012 09:28 PM

I was kinda nervous from the beginning regarding buying stuff privately via this thread. Especially because right after I paid for my stuff here, I read the whole thread regarding another transaction which had gone seriously awry. Thankfully, mine has turned out well except for the misplaced rule book. I'm sure it shall all be sorted out with time and patience.

KnobleSavage: Your feelings are definitely understandable, especially in regards to the large sums of money and figures involved. Just gotta keep it under control.

OEAO October 17th, 2012 05:11 PM

I understand KnobleSavage, and its ok to post your feelings, and I'm glad you removed his name. It's just not right to post someone's name without their permission.

Jim October 17th, 2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherman Davies (Post 1681734)
Here's a little factoid which should reassure you. See Onacara's rep bar? His rep used to be higher than that, but the admins let him reset it back to zero once, and he built his rep back to where it is now. You can rest easy, Onacara's a damn straight shooter - for a Republican. :twisted:

Just to clear up this... The admins didn't let him reset his rep to zero... They reset it without him asking for it. Big difference.

Also, Onacara is one of the two people producing The Cardboard Jungle, and he has made this publicly known. On that podcast, he repeatedly gives his first and last name, so I don't think it is necessarily out of line to have simply repeated the already publicly available, self-advertised information.

Garenex October 17th, 2012 11:33 PM

My issues with the rulebook have been resolved. Thanks Onacara for the quick response. For anyone else who needs to get a hold of him, use his email, instead of PMing, you'll get a much faster response.

Joseph Sweeney October 19th, 2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Onacara
Has been ban
Wha--?! :shock:

Didn't see that coming! :jawdrop:

capsocrates October 19th, 2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1698352)
Quote:

Onacara
Has been ban

Wow! Where did that come from! Is it temporary?

KnobleSavage October 19th, 2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 1698378)

For the record, I was just as surprised. In fact, I see it as making it even more unlikely that I'll ever get my figures.

Jim October 19th, 2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnobleSavage (Post 1698424)
Quote:

For the record, I was just as surprised. In fact, I see it as making it even more unlikely that I'll ever get my figures.

Aside from the email address that he had posted, the Admins have his contact information. PM us if you need anything.

MegaSilver October 19th, 2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1698352)
Quote:

Onacara
Has been banned

:word:

He's also the second Site Supporter to ever be banned...

(Ironically, the first one became a Site Supporter just to neg rep people, and signed each neg rep as Onacara. :shock: )

Is this temporary? Was it actually due to this situation? Why was be banned for it in the first place?

KnobleSavage October 19th, 2012 01:17 PM

I should probably clarify what I meant when I said that this latest development would make it more unlikely that I'd get my minis. I have contact information for him... though it's doing me very little good. My thought was that, by being banned here, he has little to loose by not sending me my minis.

For my part, I'd like things to be resolved in a way that there could be mutual reconciliation all around. I have nothing against the guy personally, since I don't know him. I just want the miniatures I paid for.

The impression I get is that my particular issue with him was kind of the straw that broke the camels back... that, apparently, there were issues going on with Onacara before I had ever even heard of heroscape, or heroscapers.com. But that's just my impression. What do I know?

Also, I really hope this doesn't negatively color my future here with anyone else. I've received a great deal of positive support on this site. I've even had people send me private messages saying that, if I never get the figures I'm due from Onacara, that they would be willing to scavenge through their collections and send me their spares for free. I haven't asked anyone do do this or even accepted such offers, but I think it's really really cool, and is a very positive reflection on the general population of this site.

Mostly I'd like to just move on, put all this in the past, and get on to playing some heroscape. As I say, I have nothing against Onacara personally. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him reconciled with this site. I'm won't ever trade with him again, but I wouldn't refuse to shake his hand, or play a game with him.

But I would also like to have my figures or a refund or something.