Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Nashville Gameday Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=21880)

Who 'dat October 23rd, 2008 11:23 AM

Nashville Gameday Thread

3952 Lebanon Pike
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615) 883-4800
www.thegamekeep.com

Date:
TBA

Time:
1:00pm

Armies:

TBA

Bring on the swarm armies. If your army is too big to fit in the starting area,
we will add extra tiles to accomodate!!!

Maps:

TBA

*No glyphs will be used*

All are welcome to attend!

Discussion for this Gameday begins HERE.

Aldin October 23rd, 2008 11:55 AM

Re: Nashville Area - Nov. 15th

*chuckle*

So when are we going to get together for some gaming Who'Dat? I've been in the area for two months now!

~Aldin, who works about four blocks from Game Keep

Who 'dat October 23rd, 2008 12:30 PM

Dude, I've been meaning to get in touch with you since you moved down. I need to get some kind of semi-regular gaming group going. My game collection is sitting around collecting dust. We need to meet up at the Keep and play a few games or go get a couple beers sometime soon. Heck, you're welcome to come up to the house one weekend if you'd like (Portland). Just let me know what you're schedule is and which games you wanna get into. I'm excited to have an active member of these boards in my area! Finally.

We should have had this conversation a couple weeks ago. I just had KingArthur1976 at the house for three days and we went to the Louisville NHSD tourney. We crammed as much fun as we could into one three day weekend.

Aldin October 23rd, 2008 12:35 PM

Excellent! Both of those ideas work for me - I could also have you over to my place in Mt Juliet. Is there anywhere in Gallatin to play? I think that's about halfway...

~Aldin, who forgot to sign up in his first post but will certainly be there 11/15

Who 'dat October 23rd, 2008 12:41 PM

Awesome, I'll sign you up.

There was a place in Gallatin, but it shut down about 6 months ago. They were some really nice people, too.

If you don't go up to Louisville this weekend let me know and we'll throw something together. I would actually like to go back up there, but have to work till noon this Saturday. It wasn't a bad drive up there. Right around two hours from the house. Pet Shop was a really nice place to play, and everyone was super nice.

Aldin October 28th, 2008 11:14 PM

Who'dat,

What maps are you considering? I'm beginning to muse over potential army options.

~Aldin, who hopes to see more sign ups soon

Who 'dat October 29th, 2008 12:01 PM

I'm gonna use the same maps that were used in the Louisville NHSD tourney. Check out this thread for those, and I'll get them officially posted on this thread in the next couple of days.

Judging by the overwhelming response thus far, I may not need that many maps, so I'd say Flash Fire and Hide and Seek will be for sures. That'll give you two maps to start working with.

I've got a flyer up at The Game Keep, so I'm hoping to hear from some people that maybe aren't on the site. It always amazes me how hard it is to get people to participate in these kinds of events around here, but I'm determined to do everything I can to get some people together. Does Mrs. Aldin play?

Do you know the Zindil guy who posted in the 'Scapers in TN thread? I haven't heard back from him/her yet.

Aldin October 29th, 2008 12:51 PM

Thanks for the mappage! Mrs. Aldin does not play, but I have high hopes that Aldin, Jr. will in the next couple of years. The Zindil guy is not anyone I know. Hope the flier response is HUGE!

~Aldin, who notices HS disappear off the Walmart shelves and knows someone must be playing around here

Who 'dat October 29th, 2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldin (Post 698888)
~Aldin, who notices HS disappear off the Walmart shelves and knows someone must be playing around here

Yeh I've noticed that as well. I'm always in a race to get the clearance stuff around here...yet no one seems to be around to play. :shrug:

Zindil October 30th, 2008 08:43 PM

Count me in for the tournament, please. I might be bringing a friend as well. We are both rather new to the game, but we don't mind having our butts kicked. It will be a good learning experience.

Zindil

Aldin October 30th, 2008 10:15 PM

Awesome! Zindil, are you pretty close to South Mt Juliet? I would love to get some more friendly games in.

~Aldin, just a few minutes off the interstate

Zindil October 31st, 2008 12:01 AM

I am not too far from that area, Aldin. I live in Smyrna, so I am about 20-30 minutes from Mt. Juliet. More games always sounds like a good idea to me. I am kind of hit or miss about when I can do it though, due to a wife and a three year old daughter.

Zindil