Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   CoV Listener Questions (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56275)

OEAO December 6th, 2019 08:55 PM

Re: CoV Listener Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape (Post 2337469)
Well if it's in the FAQ, then I guess that answers it :) I'm kind of okay with it though because I'm looking forward to running into that situation some time

It happens more than you'd think. I've ran into this situation in each of the last two GenCons. I think this is a very important one to know, mainly because I'm 99% certain that I win my 2014 Top 16 game if I know this ruling back then...

Dysole December 6th, 2019 09:21 PM

Solve a Mystery or Rewrite History

It used to be that they were treated as separate entities so if you mindshackled Raelin and had a Raelin they both have each other +2 defense. This changed with the release of Ulginesh of all figures. It was pointed out that under this ruling if you mindshackled Ulginesh when you had one, since it's a different Ulginesh you can chain infinite turns with your two Ulgineshs (and any elf wizards you have) and win the game eventually due to your opponent never taking another turn. Rather than having this (admittedly low probability) scenario come to pass, the ruling was changed such that you could only have one copy of each unique in your army from the start of the game to the end even if all figures on the card are dead (because of Sturla)

~Dysole, with the history lesson

GeneralRolando May 20th, 2020 04:11 PM

While I understand that the podcast is all about the game as written, I really enjoy discussion about balancing and similar to what you were talking about in episode 6 regarding Romans and Sacred Band. (I would love sacred band if they bonded with more or maybe if Romans bonded with less.)

What are the most effective ways to balance all the official units? Delta? Restrict Power Ranking? Reverse the Whip? Reverse Draft? Etc...

OEAO May 21st, 2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralRolando (Post 2386546)
While I understand that the podcast is all about the game as written, I really enjoy discussion about balancing and similar to what you were talking about in episode 6 regarding Romans and Sacred Band. (I would love sacred band if they bonded with more or maybe if Romans bonded with less.)

What are the most effective ways to balance all the official units? Delta? Restrict Power Ranking? Reverse the Whip? Reverse Draft? Etc...

Thanks for the feedback! We can definitely discuss this in the future.