Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

William099 April 29th, 2012 05:42 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

So do you guys do super heroes if they are from a movie or is that something you wanted to stay away from? I am thinking the Incredibles and Syndrome.

mac122 April 29th, 2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 1600536)
So do you guys do super heroes if they are from a movie or is that something you wanted to stay away from? I am thinking the Incredibles and Syndrome.

We stay away from supers - though I've always thought the Incredibles would be fun to create.

William099 April 29th, 2012 06:18 PM

Okay. Yeah I just watched that movie last night and so thats why I thought to ask.

tcglkn April 29th, 2012 06:19 PM

OK so I am thinking I'd really like to design Harry Potter. He's gonna be tricky to design since he can do pretty much everything with magic. Here are a couple of rough ideas for him that I have:
Accio (Summoning Charm): Place Glyphs, Small or Medium DOs and maybe figures (no one ever used it on a person that I've seen in the stories) adjacent to Harry Potter. Or possibly Locomotor that lets him choose objects and place them within 4 spaces of their current location.
Expelliarmus (Disarming Charm): Very Iconic for Harry. He doesn't kill but he does disarm figures. Maybe something that reduced figures range to one?
Apparition (Teleport): I would say no limits for this besides once per round. Possibly even let him carry an adjacent figure with him.
Stupefy (Stunning Spell): Definitely a way to remove OMs.

I'm leaning towards Stupefy, Expelliarmus and Apparation. As Stupefy and Expelliarmus are very iconic for Harry since he doesn't like killing people. He was even distinguished from other's imitating him for his protection when he used Stupefy since it is so iconic for him to do. Then we can give him a ranged normal attack. The only rough spot I have is how to represent Expelliarmus in our game system.

JC McMinis April 29th, 2012 08:23 PM

looks good :thumbsup:

machinekng April 29th, 2012 08:24 PM

Harry Potter sounds fun.

I think that instead of apparition, Harry should just ride his broomstick. It's much more iconic, as it was his primary mode of transport for most of the series, and he was Seeker on the Quidditch team after all. It would just be flying of course.

SirGalahad April 29th, 2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1600562)
OK so I am thinking I'd really like to design Harry Potter. He's gonna be tricky to design since he can do pretty much everything with magic. Here are a couple of rough ideas for him that I have:
Accio (Summoning Charm): Place Glyphs, Small or Medium DOs and maybe figures (no one ever used it on a person that I've seen in the stories) adjacent to Harry Potter. Or possibly Locomotor that lets him choose objects and place them within 4 spaces of their current location.
Expelliarmus (Disarming Charm): Very Iconic for Harry. He doesn't kill but he does disarm figures. Maybe something that reduced figures range to one?
Apparition (Teleport): I would say no limits for this besides once per round. Possibly even let him carry an adjacent figure with him.
Stupefy (Stunning Spell): Definitely a way to remove OMs.

I'm leaning towards Stupefy, Expelliarmus and Apparation. As Stupefy and Expelliarmus are very iconic for Harry since he doesn't like killing people. He was even distinguished from other's imitating him for his protection when he used Stupefy since it is so iconic for him to do. Then we can give him a ranged normal attack. The only rough spot I have is how to represent Expelliarmus in our game system.

Expelliarmus (which is the spell he was identified with) could be on a d20 and reduce opponents' range to 1 and reduce attack by 1 for the rest of the round. That would cover disarming them and turning them into melee figures for a short time.

I think Stupefy would require inflicting a wound in order to remove the "lowest numbered order marker" (figure's next turn).

tcglkn April 29th, 2012 08:58 PM

Good suggestions SirG. So Stupefy would be tied to his normal attack? I like that.

SirGalahad April 29th, 2012 09:00 PM

That way it's a special power and not another special attack.

JC McMinis April 29th, 2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1600553)
Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 1600536)

We stay away from supers - though I've always thought the Incredibles would be fun to create.

Actually I have done write ups for the Incredible and Frozone in my Supers thread if you guys are interested.

Taeblewalker April 29th, 2012 10:51 PM

Since we left Doc Savage to the Supers threads, I would do the same for the Incredibles.

mac122 April 29th, 2012 11:01 PM

Nice choice, tcglkn! Any idea for the mini?