Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Nekron (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56329)

IAmBatman November 9th, 2019 10:37 PM

The Book of Nekron

The Book of Nekron

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 83
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS: THE LONGEST NIGHT

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...kron_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ekron_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Brave and the Bold set.
Its model number and name are #059/Nekron.

Character Bio - – Death incarnate and the force behind the Blackest Night event as well as the Black Lantern Corps, Nekron rules the Land of the Unliving and has powers beyond known limit, including the ability to raise the dead, kill with a touch, fire black lightning from his fingertips, and withstand incredible amounts of damage. When death walks the Earth, what hope remains?

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

IAmBatman November 9th, 2019 10:37 PM

Re: The Book of Nekron - Breathing Period

NAME = NEKRON

SPECIES = ENTITY
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = RULER
PERSONALITY = MALEVOLENT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 1300

POWER OVER DEATH 6

Start the game with 6 black Battery Markers on this card. Nekron may never have more than 6 black Battery Markers on this card. If a figure with a black Battery Marker on its card that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead would be destroyed, you may instead remove a black Battery Marker on its card from the game, remove all but three Wound Markers from that card, and if that figure is another player's Unique Hero without any white Battery Markers on its card, remove all Order Markers from that card and take control of the figure and its Army Card.

DEATH INCARNATE
Instead of attacking, you may place a black Battery Marker from this card on an adjacent enemy figure's Army Card. If you do, you must roll one unblockable attack die against that figure for each black Battery Marker still on this card.

BLACK LIGHTNING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5, 4, and 3.
All figures that are within 3 clear sight spaces of Nekron are affected by this special attack. Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, Nekron must attack 2 additional times, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack.

SUPER STRENGTH

IAmBatman November 9th, 2019 10:38 PM

Mini Picture
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...5_original.jpg

Comic Picture
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up..._t_care001.jpg
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...st_night_6.jpg
Background
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1e/41...e3d67c6741.jpg

IAmBatman November 9th, 2019 10:39 PM

@Karat @Arkham @Lazy Orang @japes @Soundwarp SG-1 @johnny139 @tcglkn @Lord Pyre

Karat November 9th, 2019 10:43 PM

At first glance it looked like he was holding candy instead of Lantern Rings in that one picture :lol:

IAmBatman November 9th, 2019 10:46 PM

Yeah, it was tough finding comic art for him that wasn't a group shot.

johnny139 November 10th, 2019 12:21 AM

I like him. Will be very punishing, particularly on that first roll for Death Incarnate... very possible you take out a Green Lantern in one go! But when you're in quadruple digits for points I guess you can pull that kind of thing. :p

Only question is whether we want him a Hell Lord or not. I think he's justified, but I'll trust the LD on whether he should be plugged into that faction.

Ronin November 10th, 2019 12:44 AM

Newer OP template is here... I think the only tweak is a slight one to the IBW layout, but it's one less thing anyone doing synergy has to update later.

Cool to see this guy, though. Only a bit familiar, so wasn't expecting him to be a Hell Lord until it came up in the LCW, but I'm always happy to see that faction built up.

For Jefferson Pierce Special Attack, does he get to re-choose targets each time he attacks, or does he have to target the same figures each time?

Also, thematically, should it not affect figures with the White Life Battery special power, or should it not affect any figure that has white batteries? Pretty sure that's already a relevant distinction, but I imagine it has more room to become relevant if someone wanted to design a White Lantern that started with markers in a different way (which I think Scapey's Swamp-Thing might have done?), or Entity itself.

And as another question along the same lines, should White Lanterns be immune to either of his other powers? It's more intuitive to me that he wouldn't be able to raise them as Undead rather than not being able to lightning them, but I'm only kind of aware of theme here.

Kind of wish he actually turned the figures he took control of into Undead, but the Black Lanterns don't do that either, so I guess that ship sailed.

IAmBatman November 10th, 2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2331696)
Only question is whether we want him a Hell Lord or not. I think he's justified, but I'll trust the LD on whether he should be plugged into that faction.

I'm fairly agnostic on this point. He's technically from a "Hell-adjacent" realm, so he quasi qualifies. They aren't really synergies he needs and aren't really terrible ones either.

Actually, what all does he get as a Hell Lord? That might be a good way to decide more clearly. He doesn't have Magical Defense, so spell stuff doesn't matter.

I could believe Mordo would work for him, but it's not an association that's essential.

I definitely believe he could empower the Thrall, since they're essentially undead.

Yeah, fairly agnostic. I think it works as well as anything, so I'm apt to keep it unless there's a strong argument against and a different suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2331698)
Newer OP template is here... I think the only tweak is a slight one to the IBW layout, but it's one less thing anyone doing synergy has to update later.

Cool, I'll check that out in a bit and update my staging document. :up:

Quote:

For Jefferson Pierce Special Attack, does he get to re-choose targets each time he attacks, or does he have to target the same figures each time?

Great question. I don't think that was ever defined in my mind and could definitely be read either way. The basis of the power was Storm (I)'s lightning attack, but she affects all figures, so the interaction is different.

I'm good either way, though the "must" that's in there has me leaning towards sticking with the same figures. Thoughts either way?

Quote:

Also, thematically, should it not affect figures with the White Life Battery special power, or should it not affect any figure that has white batteries? Pretty sure that's already a relevant distinction, but I imagine it has more room to become relevant if someone wanted to design a White Lantern that started with markers in a different way (which I think Scapey's Swamp-Thing might have done?), or Entity itself.

Figures without a White Life Battery on their card is probably the way to go. Good call. :up:

Quote:

And as another question along the same lines, should White Lanterns be immune to either of his other powers? It's more intuitive to me that he wouldn't be able to raise them as Undead rather than not being able to lightning them, but I'm only kind of aware of theme here.

I don't want the White Lanterns to be too hard of a counter to him, or it's not going to be much of a battle. I'll look over the power set and do some wiki reading and see if I can come up with clearer guidelines of where they should be immune and where they shouldn't - though I welcome opinions and debate.

Quote:

Kind of wish he actually turned the figures he took control of into Undead, but the Black Lanterns don't do that either, so I guess that ship sailed.

Yeah, definitely following precedent on that. Also, they're not exactly Undead. They're like their own specific brand of Undead. :-P

Karat November 10th, 2019 10:12 AM

You'll also bond with Vasago as a Hell Lord.

Ronin November 10th, 2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2331715)
Quote:

Great question. I don't think that was ever defined in my mind and could definitely be read either way. The basis of the power was Storm (I)'s lightning attack, but she affects all figures, so the interaction is different.

I'm good either way, though the "must" that's in there has me leaning towards sticking with the same figures. Thoughts either way?

Honestly, he is like a million-point Event Hero... maybe just have it hit all enemies (except for the folks with the white battery immunity) within 2-3 spaces? It'd remove the question entirely. (Unless the "choose 3 figures" bit is more theme-y than I realize and not just a balancer)

On Death Incarnate, I think you could shorten it up some...

Quote:

DEATH INCARNATE
Instead of attacking, you may place a black Battery Marker from this card on an adjacent figure's Army Card and then roll one unblockable attack die against that figure for each black Battery Marker still on this card.
Might need a bit more lengthening again, to indicate whether the unblockables are a 'must'. I suspect they are... bit easy to really extend the life of your own guys otherwise.

Quote:

DEATH INCARNATE
Instead of attacking, you may place a black Battery Marker from this card on an adjacent figure's Army Card. If you do, you must roll one unblockable attack die against that figure for each black Battery Marker still on this card.
I think between Power Over Death and Death Incarnate he should have a "no Event Heroes" clause somewhere. As-is, he could drop some black batteries on like Anti-Monitor or Galactus or some other crazy big Event Hero (that doesn't really care about a handful of auto-wounds) and then he'd be able to bring it back at just 3 wounds a few times... I mean, maybe that's okay for 2900 points? :lol: Seems like it's not really something to lean into either way, though.

I'm guessing you still want him to be able to resurrect Black Hand, so I think Death Incarnate would need the safety measure in place if we wanted to prevent that sort of strategy. (EDIT: Actually, Black Hand can do this for himself, can't he? I was forgetting that. So maybe Power Over Death could get the Event Hero restriction instead)

Quote:

DEATH INCARNATE
Instead of attacking, you may place a black Battery Marker from this card on the Army Card of an adjacent figure that is not an Event Hero. If you do, you must roll one unblockable attack die against that figure for each black Battery Marker still on this card.

IAmBatman November 10th, 2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 2331722)
You'll also bond with Vasago as a Hell Lord.

That’s cool, I guess. Good call.