Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

wulfhunter667 July 31st, 2010 09:21 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1162111)
Noisy Cricket
Range 5. Attack 5.
After attacking with Noisy Cricket Special Attack, roll 1 attack die or if the target was an adjacent figure, roll 2 attack dice. All skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on Agent J. (wording is a little wonky)

How about...
After attacking with his Noisy Cricket Special Attack, Agent J must roll one unblockable attack die for himself. If the target was adjacent to Agent J, he must roll two unblockable attack dice.

Lamaclown August 2nd, 2010 12:12 PM

Two things make me think that leaving it at a simple 1 unblockable attack die period would be best.
One, with only 4 life, you are already taking the risk of losing 1/4 of his overall life. The risk of losing 1/2 of his life with one shot would be too prohibitive I think. I probably would never use it.

Secondly, I put this text on a card (the simple version)...
Quote:

TAUNT 10
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker for a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, Agent J is the only figure that can be attacked this turn.

NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking with Agent J, you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, you may move all affected figures up to 3 same-level spaces. Affected figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move adjacent to an opposing figure or on a lava space.

NOISY CRICKET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
After attacking with Noisy Cricket Special Attack, roll 1 attack die. A skull rolled counts as one unblockable hit on Agent.
and it already will be pretty small text size. If we add to the Noisy Cricket text any further, the text size will have to be even smaller in order for it to fit (unless of course any of the other abilities are changed).

Takanuva August 2nd, 2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1162111)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1161784)

Quote:

The Noisy Cricket was a powerful weapon and should probably be an area effect attack, but I thought it would make Agent J to expensive.
What about knocking the attack to 4, and for adjacent figures, make it 2?

If there's a consensus for 4, I don't have a problem with that. However, with a 50% chance of self-injury, I'm not sure how often I'd use a shorter range attack that is only 1 higher than my base attack.
I don't think there was a power setting on the Cricket. Maybe a greater chance of self-injury against an adjacent target? This would help balance out the power of the special and perhaps help Agent J's cost go up a few points less.

Maybe you could change the wording on Noisy Cricket to:

Range 5. Attack 4+. After attacking with Noisy Cricket Special Attack, roll 1 unblockable attack die for every extra attack dice you rolled against the target. Agent J may never roll more than 8 attack dice for this ability.

Hrockle August 3rd, 2010 11:41 AM

Well, things from now on can't be too bad.

Here's a big thumbsup!

:thumbsup:

Balantai August 3rd, 2010 02:01 PM

Sorry. I've been unavailable due to having a sick 5 yr old. Is there an updated version available?

mac122 August 3rd, 2010 02:11 PM

Here's the latest. I had considered adjusting Noisy Cricket, but I think it's good.
Quote:

AGENT J - Version 2
MOVIES

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
AGENT
BRASH

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4

MOVE 6
RANGE 7
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 5

POINTS 110(+?)
TAUNT 10
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker for a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent J, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, Agent J is the only figure that can be attacked this turn.

NEURALYZER 14
Instead of attacking with Agent J, you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are affected by Neuralyzer 14. Roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, you may move all affected figures up to 3 same-level spaces. Affected figures do not take any leaving engagement strikes and may not end their move adjacent to an opposing figure or on a lava space.

NOISY CRICKET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
After attacking with Noisy Cricket Special Attack, roll 1 attack die. A skull rolled counts as one unblockable hit on Agent.
Sick 5-year-olds are not fun. Hope they feel better soon!

Balantai August 3rd, 2010 02:15 PM

Looks good to me. Cost?

wulfhunter667 August 3rd, 2010 02:38 PM

I'm not a point's guy at all, but J seems a little shor to me. Maybe 125?

SirGalahad August 3rd, 2010 05:03 PM

You have a better than 50% chance of forcing an engaged opponent to choose between risking a leaving engagement attack (or more) to come and attack Agent J or not attack at all (unless they have Disengage).

That's worth at least a few points.

mac122 August 3rd, 2010 05:12 PM

Not to mention, possibly getting one or more of your units out of a dangerous engagement with Neuralyzer.
I was thinking 130-140 as a starting point.

Balantai August 3rd, 2010 06:11 PM

Should Neuralizer use the term "opponent's"?

mac122 August 3rd, 2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1164477)
Should Neuralizer use the term "opponent's"?

In the movie, the Neuralyzer was used as a way to redirect the "target." Before he became Agent J, James Edwards was "flashy-thinged" at least twice. The medical examiner was constantly being Neuralyzed to forget the strange alien bodies she'd come across. Friendlies wouldn't be immune.
Perhaps there should be a clear sight requirement for all affected figures. If your vision was blocked, it didn't affect you.