Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker July 6th, 2015 12:06 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I mentioned this before, but Dr. Who's Run power is broken. It needs to be a higher number. Especially since he's only 100 points.

Dysole July 6th, 2015 12:28 PM

Run Away

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2031913)
I mentioned this before, but Dr. Who's Run power is broken. It needs to be a higher number. Especially since he's only 100 points.

Yeah. Attached to the Doctor with a slight point bump it's fine as is but when you can extend it to Unique Heroes the Doctor becomes surprisingly good. Maybe a once per turn requirement could also help tone it down.

~Dysole, spitballing

Confred July 6th, 2015 01:05 PM

(What a busy past few days here in RL! Phew, off today and back to the grind tomorrow)
@TREX If I may suggest, set aside the broken HoF figures and dont use them for play testing Kratos. We aren't testing and adjusting Harry afterall.
Perhaps we can go back and look at the other figures, or perhaps the next member in line can choose a figure to revisit. But for now, let's polish up Kratos. @Dysole , if you would post your findings with the Cleave wording, I would like to see it.

I'll be back reading and seeing where I'd like to start working within the next 30 mins.

(Still have RL chores and errands to contend with my time also)

Confred July 6th, 2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

CLAWS OF HADES (B2)
After destroying a figure, this figure may place the figure on Claws of Hades' card. When attacking with a normal attack, this figure may remove figures from Claws of Hades' card to roll additional attack dice to a maximum 3 additional attack dice.
@TREX I can go with a shortened version.
So for the card it will be:
Quote:

CLAWS OF HADES
(NORMAL ATTACK ENHANCEMENT)
GODLY ARTIFACT

PERMANENT TREASURE GLYPH
After destroying a figure, this figure may place the figure on Claws of Hades' card. When attacking with a normal attack, this figure may remove figures from Claws of Hades' card to roll additional attack dice to a maximum 3 additional attack dice.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Claws of Hades card, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, this figure receives 1 wound. If ever this figure is destroyed, place one at a time all Godly Artifacts on this figure's Army Card power-side up on spaces this figure previously occupied or on empty spaces adjacent to spaces this figure previously occupied. Godly Artifacts are considered to be Ancient Artifacts in every other way.

Spoiler Alert!

that's 5 Godly Artifacts, we can continue on and make
Nemesis Whip,
Head of Helios, and
Blade of Olympus; or we can stop here.

If we agree on changes we can get @JC McMinis to mock up the cards and be on our way for final testing and voting.

McHotcakes July 6th, 2015 06:20 PM

I think 5 Glyphs is good for now.

Confred July 6th, 2015 08:02 PM

Hopefully will get in a playtest tonight. The Fiance said she would be down for a game, but it's already late.
Wish I had a program where I could play without digging out the toys. I used to use Photoshop with layers, Paint.net doesn't work the same in layers as PSD did.

Dysole July 6th, 2015 08:46 PM

Options

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2032012)
Hopefully will get in a playtest tonight. The Fiance said she would be down for a game, but it's already late.
Wish I had a program where I could play without digging out the toys. I used to use Photoshop with layers, Paint.net doesn't work the same in layers as PSD did.

If you're talking cards, I find MSE works fantastic. If you're talking actually playing but not needing to actually use Scape I recommend the Online Heroscape app.

~Dysole, who notes that the Tandros Kreel stuff is in the initial post where I mentioned it.

NEMESIS WHIP

When this figure attacks an adjacent figure, it may use Nemesis Whip. Roll the 20 sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the targeted figure cannot roll any defense dice for this attack.

Confred July 7th, 2015 09:00 AM

text accidentally deleted

TREX July 7th, 2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2031978)
I think 5 Glyphs is good for now.

I agree. Its quite hard to get all the glyphs anyways in a game, at least the couple of games I threw down. You also have to kill heroes to get them. How often does an enemy have 5 heroes in a 500 pt army? I generally see a mix of heroes and squads unless the enemy is doing some kind of elf wizard army or something like that. @Confred, If you think the claws are too weak, we could use what you have on there and add a +1 to your tartarus roll when you have them. Then, unless you guys really want more glyphs, we can call this guy all but finished.
EDIT: I will get in a few more play tests in with him, now that he has all his artifacts done. Overall I like the look and feel of this guy. Good job everyone. To everyone, Maybe we can start a seperate thread to fix any previous figures that might have bad lingo or broken things on the other HOF cards. I really like most of all of them and want them to be playable with original scape. I think we have a good thing going here.

Confred July 7th, 2015 10:27 AM

@TREX I was thinking of ~"Roll 1 additional attack die for each figure on this Claws of Hades' card to a maximum of 3 additional dice" "Remove a figure from this Claws of Hades's card to remove 1 wound from this figure's card"

or "Remove 1 figure from this Claws of Hades' card to roll 2 additional attack dice" Which allows you to remove only 1 figure, but the figure is worth more.

For now, I'll keep my thoughts in reserve, I'd really like to play test him. I find that playing ferrets out thoughts I would otherwise not discover as if the figures ask me for powers.

TREX July 7th, 2015 10:29 AM

I will do some PT's tonight as well, granted I get the time.

Dysole July 7th, 2015 10:53 AM

So Much Cooler Online

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2032072)
Didn't get in the play test, but suspect Claws aren't strong enough. I mention this to save JC some time. The other cards are gtg.
I'll try to get in some games this morning
@Dysole I did see your re-wording of the Whip, sorry at the time I didn't make the connection of what you were saying to what you were showing. Probably fatigue.
For now, I'll let the Whip and the Head and the Blade drift into limbo since we our 5 made.
Edit: Thanks for the reminder of Heroscape Online. I've had about a half dozen attempts to get it up an running throughout time, but it's so over my head lol. I'll spend some time to actually get it running. I have 2hrs for everything, so hopefully I can at least get the Google-scape working.

If you need some help, pm me and if I'm around and available I'll show you the basics

~Dysole, something of an expert there now