Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis April 2nd, 2012 11:32 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I think I prefer counterstrike for Duncan. It just seams to fit him as a character better. He always waited for the right moment to strike. If in the future we make say Riche Ryan he would be better suited for double attack.

Fi Skirata April 5th, 2012 09:16 PM

:bump: Don't die thread :)!

mac122 April 5th, 2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fi Skirata (Post 1588913)
:bump: Don't die thread :)!

Don't fret. We've been through much longer dry spells than this before.
Right about now is when someone would chime in and ask the designer for their latest draft. I guess since I'm here, I'll do it. Hey, JC, how about posting the latest draft?

JC McMinis April 5th, 2012 11:08 PM

Updated Draft and seeing as Duncan is supposed to be one of the greatest swordsman. I made a slight change to counterstrike.

JANDAR

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 5

IMMORTAL 11
On the start of each of your turns after Duncan MacLeod was destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher immediately place Duncan MacLeod in your start area and remove all would markers from this army card. This ability does not work if Duncan is destroyed by another figure with the Immortal ability.

THE QUICKENING
When Duncan MacLeod destroys a figure with the Immortal ability. Take permanent control of that figures army card and any army card that figure controlled with The Quickening. Duncan MacLeod may use any ability on any army card that you control with The Quickening.

IMPROVED COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. Improved Counterstrike affects figures with counterstrike. Duncan MacLeod cannot be affected ny counterstrike.

POINT 160

Fi Skirata April 5th, 2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1588978)
Updated Draft and seeing as Duncan is supposed to be one of the greatest swordsman. I made a slight change to counterstrike.

JANDAR

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 5

IMMORTAL 11
On the start of each of your turns after Duncan MacLeod was destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher immediately place Duncan MacLeod in your start area and remove all would markers from this army card. This ability does not work if Duncan is destroyed by another figure with the Immortal ability.

THE QUICKENING
When Duncan MacLeod destroys a figure with the Immortal ability. Take permanent control of that figures army card and any army card that figure controlled with The Quickening. Duncan MacLeod may use any ability on any army card that you control with The Quickening.

IMPROVED COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. Improved Counterstrike affects figures with counterstrike. Duncan MacLeod cannot be affected with any counterstrike.

POINT 160

Fixed!

JC McMinis April 5th, 2012 11:52 PM

Thanks Fri Skirata. I do all my posting on my phone and sometimes I hit the wrong letter and don't realize it. That last part was supposed to read 'by counterstrike' but the way you put it works as well.

machinekng April 6th, 2012 08:33 AM

Looks nice.

I still think he's undercosted. Without his double-edged sword, he's much stronger than Drake, and he has some angry Scotsmen to back him up.

mac122 April 6th, 2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1588978)
DUNCAN MACLEOD
JANDAR

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 5

IMMORTAL 11

THE QUICKENING

IMPROVED COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all blanks and excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
POINT 160

How about this for Improved Counter Strike? The bit about Duncan not being affected by Counter Strike feels like a separate power jammed into this. The Samurai exclusion in Counter Strike on the Izumi and Tagawa (and Kozuke?) is saying that their Counter Strike will not affect another Samurai - it's not a defensive power for them, but a restriction on the effect of their Counter Strike against others. If you want Duncan to not be affected by Counter Strike, he either needs to be a Samurai (un-thematic) or be given another power (too much on the card, IMO). His high attack will shield him from Counter Strike most of the time anyway.

JC McMinis April 6th, 2012 11:19 AM

Very nice mac I like it. We'll do it like that.

Now on to the points issue. I can maybe see him costing the same as Drake. Sure Duncan can bond with the Scots but Drake has the 4th mass and MDG possible back ups. Drake has a ranged attack and can quickly cover ground to higher places.

mac122 April 6th, 2012 11:46 AM

With IC, Duncan feels about right at 160, but 170 is probably not unrealistic. Either way it's not a game breaker. Perhaps someone will get a chance to try him out.

--------------
Thinking about The Source:

Quote:

GLYPH OF THE SOURCE
This Glyph is always placed power side up. When a Unique Hero you control that does not have the Immortal 11 power is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an X or higher, place a green Source marker on that figure's Army Card. Remove any wound markers and place the figure on any empty space in your start zone. Figures with a Source Marker gain The Quickening and Immortal 11 special powers:

THE QUICKENING
When this figure destroys a figure with the Immortal 11 ability, take permanent control of that figure's Army Card and any Army Card that opponent gained control of with The Quickening ability. This figure may use any ability on any army card that you gained control of with The Quickening ability.

IMMORTAL 11
On the start of each of your turns after this figure has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, immediately place this figure in your start zone and remove all wound markers from this Army cCrd. You may not use this ability if this figure is destroyed by a figure with the Immortal 11 ability.

JC McMinis April 7th, 2012 10:36 AM

I like what you have done with the source glyph. The question is did we not agree earlier that the source should only affect humans. So effectively it should read.

When a Human Unique Hero....

mac122 April 7th, 2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1589569)
I like what you have done with the source glyph. The question is did we not agree earlier that the source should only affect humans. So effectively it should read.

When a Human Unique Hero....

Hmmm... do we know the Source isn't active on other planets? I think it would be OK to allow other species to become Immortal. Maybe a restriction against Undead and Soulborgs.