Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Phoenix (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=41130)

SirGalahad May 11th, 2012 10:01 AM

Re: The Book of Phoenix - Designing

Don't know why I haven't thought of this with any of the other "replace this figure" powers, but if Sabretooth Pounces your Merciful Jean Grey, where does Phoenix go?

IAmBatman May 11th, 2012 10:28 AM

Huh. I guess you'd have to roll D20s to see which power takes effect? Great question ... we already have figures released who do this too, like Billy Batson/Shazam.

Margloth May 11th, 2012 12:20 PM

Me likely Griff.

Griffin May 11th, 2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1606507)
In that case, I'd be in favor of these changes to the wording:

PHOENIX BIRTH
You may draft a Merciful Jean Grey figure with Phoenix. If you do, Phoenix does not start the game on the battlefield. A Merciful Jean Grey that you control must use the Phoenix Fire special power, with any reference in that special power referring to your Merciful Jean Grey instead. If your Merciful Jean Grey is destroyed, immediately replace her with Phoenix on the battlefield.

For pasting:

PHOENIX BIRTH
You may draft a Merciful Jean Grey figure with Phoenix. If you do, Phoenix does not start the game on the battlefield. A Merciful Jean Grey that you control must use the Phoenix Fire special power, with any reference in that special power referring to your Merciful Jean Grey instead. If your Merciful Jean Grey is destroyed, immediately replace her with Phoenix on the battlefield.

That reads like a mouth full of marbles, but I agree, that are some "power sharing" standards that we can draw from in Doctor Doom and Rogue. I'll work on the language.

Griffin May 11th, 2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1606515)
Don't know why I haven't thought of this with any of the other "replace this figure" powers, but if Sabretooth Pounces your Merciful Jean Grey, where does Phoenix go?

We have discussed it before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1606534)
Huh. I guess you'd have to roll D20s to see which power takes effect?

Correct. The powers are triggering at the same time, and so a D20 has to be rolled. This can end in a devastating affect if Sabertooth wins, and the guy is a 290 monster, so I have been OK with that.

tcglkn May 11th, 2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1606318)
PSIONIC BLAST
After moving and before attacking, you may choose 4 spaces in a straight line and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may place any or all figures on the chosen spaces on any empty spaces within 2 spaces of their originial placement. One at a time, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against any or all placed figures.

As this power reads, there is no limit on where the 4 spaces on the battlefield could be. I think this edit is what is intended:

PSIONIC BLAST
After moving and before attacking, you may choose 4 spaces in a straight line from Phoenix and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may place any or all figures on the chosen spaces on any empty spaces within 2 spaces of their originial placement. One at a time, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against any or all placed figures.

IAmBatman May 11th, 2012 09:31 PM

Heh. Good point. I totally missed that too.

Griffin May 11th, 2012 10:58 PM

Well since we are in final editing already, I'll go ahead and get some cards up... just kidding. :p

Most of the text was thrown together pretty last minute before and after chatting with Bats. So yeah, sorry about that.

tcglkn May 11th, 2012 11:04 PM

This is what we do. We look at the powers and nitpick them. The power wasn't clear as it was worded. So I helped clarify it. :)

Griffin May 11th, 2012 11:11 PM

I guess I should have also said "thanks". Thanks. :)

SirGalahad May 12th, 2012 10:35 AM

Everyone should know by now that as soon as it's posted, it's subject to final editing. :lol:

Griffin May 12th, 2012 02:14 PM

1. I updated the Move to 6.
  2. I updated the Defense to 6.
  3. I updated the Phoenix Birth power so that the "Doctor Doom wordage" is mixed in to reference Jean Grey in the special power that she will be sharing/using.
  4. I updated Psionic Blast to specify that the chosen spaces are from Phoenix.