Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Favorite Video Game of all Time? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=16855)

spidysox March 11th, 2008 09:31 PM

Favorite Video Game of all Time?

O.K. I checked and checked but couldn't find a thread like this, so here goes. I was just wondering what everyone's favorite video game ever is. For me it has to be the original "Legend of Zelda" for Nintendo. I got that the day it was released and I don't think I slept for the first 4 day's that I owned it. :D Those were the good old day's. :D

ewabbie March 11th, 2008 09:34 PM

Hands down. Dawn of War.

Sci-fi Messiah March 11th, 2008 09:38 PM

The Legend of Dragoon. I've said this in several threads, actually.
Runners up are the God of War series and Okami.

Euryon March 11th, 2008 09:51 PM

Thats a tough one...

Possibly:
Medieval - Total War (PC)
Red Alert (PC)
Toejam and Earl (Genesis)
Monkey Island (PC)

I think I'd have to go with Red Alert (slightly above the first CnC)

Uprising March 11th, 2008 10:02 PM

Hmm. Let me list by genre.

First Person Shooter - Half-Life 2
Sports - NBA Live 2003
Real Time Strategy - Company of Heroes with honorable mention to Dawn of War
Turn Based Strategy- Disciples II
Role Playing - Fallout with honorable mention to Baldur's Gate II & Knights of the Old Republic

Those are really the only genres I dig.

Jexik March 11th, 2008 10:35 PM

Chrono Trigger

keglo March 11th, 2008 11:11 PM

Ooooh, Chrono Trigger is a good one Jexik! I would have to say for me, Secret of Mana. I loved that game. Chrono Trigger was right there with it though.

:ponder: ....Or was it A Link to the Past?.........Man, this is a tough one.

Wind Lane March 11th, 2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jexik
Chrono Trigger

:word:

I'd also add The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

yagyuninja March 11th, 2008 11:59 PM

Shining Force!

Jexik March 12th, 2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Shining Force!

Another good choice. I liked your old avatar a lot. FFT was good too- the best playstation game with the Final Fantasy logo on it in my opinion. Math skill was crazy broken though. Seriously.

Secret of Mana was also lots of fun. I think my save got erased when I was in the last place before I got to beat it though. Sigh.

Anyone looking for some walks down 90s game memory lane should check out this guy playing the songs on his guitar(s).

I also like Disciples, Uprising. Although I think I liked Ogre Battle better. You got to the battles differently in that, but the whole unit construction concept was basically identical.

rdhight March 12th, 2008 12:15 AM

I loved Doom, Warcraft/Starcraft, Quake II, Aliens vs. Predator... but the ultimate winner in sheer terms of most happy hours spent playing it has to be X-COM by a mile.

yagyuninja March 12th, 2008 02:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Shining Force!

Another good choice. I liked your old avatar a lot. FFT was good too- the best playstation game with the Final Fantasy logo on it in my opinion. Math skill was crazy broken though. Seriously.

It is hard to choose a favorite between Shining Force and FFT. And the calculators were powerful, but I never took the time to go down that road. I leveled my guys into the 90s (still got that team on a memory card somewhere) but always got too bored with the calculator. My Monk/Knight with double swing could kill the last boss in a turn or two though. Holy cow, I loved that game.

Quote:

Secret of Mana was also lots of fun. I think my save got erased when I was in the last place before I got to beat it though. Sigh.

I loved that one too. I always wanted to play it with three players but I never got too. Remember the first time you saw the super versions of the spells? Awesome.