Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Board Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=41922)

Porkins November 6th, 2019 12:05 PM

Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Kickstarter's tough that way because everything looks cool. I talked myself out of the original Gloomhaven KS :(

TREX November 6th, 2019 12:45 PM

After backing zombicide 2.0 I decided to just get the presidential pledge and the card upgrade pack to begin with. I planned on adding quite a bit more at the pledge manager. I ended up letting my wife know what I had done and planned to do and she was completely cool with it. So its a win win for me. Now I just need to paint more minis.:)

The good thing about it is you can pay for the base pledge or in my case the presidential pledge and then pay for the other addons you want later at the pledge manager. Hurts the wallet less at once.

Lord Pyre November 6th, 2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 2330578)
Kickstarter's tough that way because everything looks cool. I talked myself out of the original Gloomhaven KS :(

Well, Gloomhaven is definitely worth it. You can probably find it retail for less than what it was originally on Kickstarter now though. Or maybe Amazon.

TREX November 6th, 2019 10:24 PM

I just had a chance to check out how the Zombicide 2.0 kickstarter ended. I think its so funny that they put all those presidents in there. Obama and Trump will hit my game table.:lol: That and all the other fun characters they put in there made my day. I didn't watch this one from the front all the way through like I did in Kickstarters of the past. I just looked at it once when I pledged, and one more time today when it ended. Looks like a lot of fun.

mac122 November 7th, 2019 02:18 AM

Don't tell my wife, but I pledged as well. Went for the Presidential pledge and I'm adding the Fort Hendrix and Chronicles Survivor sets as well as the upgrade cards for the 1st edition zombies and companions.

TREX November 7th, 2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2330838)
Don't tell my wife, but I pledged as well. Went for the Presidential pledge and I'm adding the Fort Hendrix and Chronicles Survivor sets as well as the upgrade cards for the 1st edition zombies and companions.

I went presidential pledge and added for the upgrade kit for season 1 zombie and companion upgrade, at the pledge manager Ill be adding:
Fort hendrix
Chronicle survivors as well.
My maybe group consist of
Danny trejo set
Urban legends abominations
Plastic cars(though I may just use a car I have and set them on a card for it, I have tons of cars for the walking dead all out war game)
Lastly maybe 1 more set of the SG daily zombie spawn. It looks like fun. Im starting painting my old stuff tonight.

Yodaking November 7th, 2019 03:54 PM

I kind of want the zombie soldiers, may have my buddy add one box to his order.

mac122 November 7th, 2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2330999)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2330838)

I went presidential pledge and added for the upgrade kit for season 1 zombie and companion upgrade, at the pledge manager Ill be adding:
Fort hendrix
Chronicle survivors as well.
My maybe group consist of
Danny trejo set
Urban legends abominations
Plastic cars(though I may just use a car I have and set them on a card for it, I have tons of cars for the walking dead all out war game)
Lastly maybe 1 more set of the SG daily zombie spawn. It looks like fun. Im starting painting my old stuff tonight.

The Fort Hendrix and Chronicle Survivors felt like the most bang for the buck adding some really interesting and different figures. I thought about the Daily set, but I think I'll have more than enough zombies without duplicating those. The Danny Trejo set looks like a fun add, but at $15 for only 3 figures, didn't seem like the best value - had to draw the line somewhere. I agree on the cars. I don't have any currently, but figure I can find some models to 3D print. Hoping they'll add more presidents down the line - Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Grant, Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower, and Tricky Dicky Nixon would all be fun.

chas November 11th, 2019 05:34 AM

I've just started checking out some Draft Kickstarter pages which are for games not offered quite yet.

Eastern European themed games are coming out now more than ever. I recently got Swords and Sails and Rurik: Dawn of Kiev. A pal just put me onto a new Kickstarter in the middle of its campaign with about two weeks to go on Titans from Poland. Its historical/fantasy set in the 17th Century world of With Fire and Sword (the Polish national epic). The four player powers are The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Russia, Turkey, and Sweden!

Another draft page, about to be reoffered, is World of Mythology: King of the Hill, which I backed the first time around. It features more gods from more pantheons than you've ever seen before, and also has Cthulhu! One of the reasons I was interested was that being made in Ukraine, it even includes the Slavic pantheon, which you just never see at all treated in English. This is somewhat similar to the Norse, but has its own charm too! The many specific changes made this time around are now listed in detail on its BGG page.

Hahma November 17th, 2019 09:19 AM

Oops! Wrong thread :(

IAmBatman November 17th, 2019 09:29 AM

I'm off Kickstarter until at least after C3G Con, but this looked potentially up some people's ally here: Hour of Need

Matthias Maccabeus November 17th, 2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2333831)
I'm off Kickstarter until at least after C3G Con, but this looked potentially up some people's ally here: Hour of Need

I’ve been eyeing this. I’m a fan of both Street Masters and Sentinels of the Multiverse. This seems like a conglomeration of the two.