Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Quick Apology (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=51215)

Owlman January 8th, 2015 10:20 AM

Quick Apology

Hey, I received a PM recently that had some good advice in it, so I just wanted to apologize to everyone for pilfering the Classification scale used in my first article without permission. I did not realize I would be stepping on so many toes.

~Owlman, hoping this will smooth things over a little, and who hopes posters will approach his articles in the future with an opened mind.

Aldin January 8th, 2015 10:36 AM

Re: Quick Apology

Classy move, Owlman, and I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

~Aldin, giving a :thumbsup:

Tornado January 8th, 2015 10:49 AM

There is a certain 'code of honor' about this site. It can seem not needed and strange when some defend it but you what you realize(as I once did), it is the essence of Heroscapers. It is the reason why this site is what it is.
A place where Heroscape lives, though proclaimed to be dead. Custom projects by groups and individuals rivaling the original material and taking it in all new directions, not only in designs, but themes and rules and fantastic terrain.
Beyond that it is a place for writers to challenge each other in their skill or just post their Fan-Fics for all to read. A place to discuss all matters of daily life including sports, religion, video games, global warming, the list goes on and on.
The awesome part is that it is all done in a civil manner. You can actually discuss football without a bunch of mega-fans spewing garbage. Religion is discussed with an open mind. I doubt another site like this exists and if it does everyone there should be thankful for what they have.

Dad_Scaper January 8th, 2015 11:44 AM

No worries, bud. You're here now, you're one of us. Your account is old but you are new to me, as far as I can recall. Welcome aboard. :thumbsup:

Here are a couple old posts of mine that used to be linked in my sig for newer users. Maybe I should put them back in.

Posting for Young Persons; Rep.

Owlman January 9th, 2015 10:55 AM

Thanks all for the feedback. 8)

CanScape February 4th, 2015 12:13 AM

You know, this is just another example of how fragile and butt-hurt people get around here over things that really are insignificant. Here's a guy that wrote an article for the entertainment and use of members here, and yet gets tagged with neg rep because he used some source material (gasp!). What's next, royalty fees? Bibliographical references?

No apology required, Owlman. Those with hurt butts should just relax. It's a game, people...a game. Be lucky that there's still people out there who care enough to spend their time trying to contribute in the first place.

Arrow Grut February 4th, 2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanScape (Post 2000712)
You know, this is just another example of how fragile and butt-hurt people get around here over things that really are insignificant. Here's a guy that wrote an article for the entertainment and use of members here, and yet gets tagged with neg rep because he used some source material (gasp!). What's next, royalty fees? Bibliographical references?

No apology required, Owlman. Those with hurt butts should just relax. It's a game, people...a game. Be lucky that there's still people out there who care enough to spend their time trying to contribute in the first place.

It's not so much that he used said specific source material, its that he refused to see his error and listen to the community as a whole and would often insult members trying to help. At the very least, however, it seems as though he attempted to contribute something to the fourms, which I do not believe your toxic post does. Please, if you are fed up with the nicest community on the internet, you can leave. No one is stopping you.

Gurei-Ornery February 4th, 2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrow Grut (Post 2000745)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CanScape (Post 2000712)

It's not so much that he used said specific source material, its that he refused to see his error and listen to the community as a whole and would often insult members trying to help. At the very least, however, it seems as though he attempted to contribute something to the fourms, which I do not believe your toxic post does. Please, if you are fed up with the nicest community on the internet, you can leave. No one is stopping you.

I'll second that and add that it never hurts to apologize. The hardest thing I had to learn when I was first married is that it was better to apologize and figure out why later, or possibly never, than to let something I most likely said, or that was misinterpreted, fester. Kudos @Owlman for figuring this life lesson out.

TREX February 4th, 2015 11:29 AM

@Owlman , just keep in mind, this apology aside, keep having fun with scape and keep up with contributing to the site. A lot of people don't contribute a thing. Putting in an effort to make something you like to do is much better than people that do nothing. I just watched everything else on here for years then finally started posting my stuff, and its just that much more fun. I can respect that you want to make nice with everyone.

Dad_Scaper February 4th, 2015 02:07 PM

*yawn* This thread can go back to sleep now.

/sheesh

CanScape February 5th, 2015 01:09 AM

Well insults are something else all together. The brief few posts I read weren't insulting IMO. And if you think this is the nicest forum on the interwebz, well...you may have a point, to some degree. It's mellowed out since the discontinuation of the official line.

But this whole neg rep thing is something that this place truly could do without, and that's what I thought prompted the apology. And this is the ONLY forum I visit (infrequently, mind you) that has such a 'feature'. But the good thing about it is that since I've disabled my rep, I'd like to think I've well wasted the 30 seconds it takes for some disgruntled person here to send me an anonymous neg rep that I'll never, ever read.

Dad_Scaper February 5th, 2015 01:13 AM

I've seen it used and abandoned on other websites, and I've seen mods here talk about how much of a burden it is to deal with.

But.

But, but, but, but.

It allows for established users to vent privately, anonymously, with the click of a button. Without it, there would be more flame. I suspect it does more good than bad, despite the occasional well-intended complaints about it.