Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Online Heroscape Games and Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   OHS Season 34 - Welcome to the Jungle - CONGRATS VEGIE'S DAD (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56229)

superfrog October 8th, 2019 12:10 PM

OHS Season 34 - Welcome to the Jungle - CONGRATS VEGIE'S DAD

Online Heroscape Season 34

WINNERS REPORT VICTORIES HERE:
Spoiler Alert!

Games are played using the online Heroscape interface. Links to how-to-play videos below:
Spoiler Alert!
Using an online voice chat utility, such as Skype or Google Hangouts, improves the playing experience considerably.

Bring 2 - Welcome to the Jungle
  • For this event, each player will bring two 555-point armies. The two armies cannot share any figures. (C3V/SoV eligible, no Marvel. Submitted armies must contain at least 500 points, and cannot have more than 13 figures at the start of the game*.)
  • Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the tournament organizers. The winner of the dice-off decides whether to choose their army first or second from the 4 armies in play.
  • The loser of the diceoff will then choose whether to place his army first or second.
*Airborne Elite and the Rechets of Bogdan count towards these limits.
The Semifinals are on Iceberg Lettuce.

The vegies dad (4-1) v. kevindola (4-0) pool of armies is:
* Agent Skahen, Jotun, Dreadgul Raidersx3
* Agent Carr, Augamo, Zogross Hardscale, Greenscale Warriorsx3
* Capt. John Varan, 8th Infantry Pathfinderx3, Templar Cavalryx3
* Elite Onyx Vipers, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], Einar Imperiumx2
kevindola chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, vegies dad chooses who places first. send PMs to vegietarian18 to schedule games with vegies dad

The AgentWard (4-1) v. dok (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Capt. John Varan, Heracles, Krav Maga Agents, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Rygarn
* Arkmer, Bol, Chardris, Emirroon, Haduc, Kyntela Gwyn, Marro Warriors, Ulginesh
* Otonashi, Rygarn, Warden 816, Crypt Guardianx4, Drow Chainfighterx5
* Augamo, Boreos, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Talingul, Iron Golem
AgentWard chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.

Round 1
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4
Spoiler Alert!

Play-ins:
Spoiler Alert!

The regular season will last four weeks, with one game each week. After the regular season ends there will be a single elimination bracket for the top finishers.

Maps (in order of use):
Spoiler Alert!

TG Pool:
Spoiler Alert!

Event Details and Rules:
Spoiler Alert!

DOAisBetter October 9th, 2019 10:53 AM

Re: OHS Season 34 - Into the Jungle (Bring 2) - Sign up by 1

Just stared dipping my toes into online more as a way to get more than once a month. Definitely interested in this tournament. If it’s not against the rules anyone have any tips for this kind of format? I’ve only every played bring your own army formats.

BiggaBullfrog October 9th, 2019 11:44 AM

Re: OHS Season 34 - Into the Jungle (Bring 2) - Sign up by 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOAisBetter (Post 2321889)
Just stared dipping my toes into online more as a way to get more than once a month. Definitely interested in this tournament. If it’s not against the rules anyone have any tips for this kind of format? I’ve only every played bring your own army formats.

Definitely not against the rules! I'm pretty sure everyone is willing to help anyone new to the format figure it out so they don't get screwed over.

Someone more familiar with the format than myself may have better advice, but I think the biggest thing for Bring 2 is to make sure your armies are balanced against each other. If one is stronger than the other then all you (or your opponent) have to do is pick that one to win.

It's also a format that rewards bringing figures that you know really well to give you an edge when picking, as well as knowing the matchups between each of the 4 armies in the pool.

Dysole October 9th, 2019 12:30 PM

Bring 2

In straight Bring 2, you want two armies you feel comfortable with. You typically want to aim for good but not too good so that way there's no obvious picks among the four armies or any armies that are obviously not going to picked. I've had some success with one really good army and its direct counter as the other army but that's not a foolproof strategy.

Don't aim for perfect balance, but you generally want to feel like you can win either side of your matchup. You also might want to steer away from anything with extreme matchups (incredibly favored in some, incredibly not favored in others

~Dysole, with hilarious armies

Chris Perkins October 9th, 2019 02:26 PM

Re: OHS Season 34 - Welcome to the Jungle - Sign ups until 1

Signed up!

Zetsubo October 9th, 2019 04:30 PM

Quick question: I know it says 555 points, but would an army be accepted if it was only 5 points over at 560?

vegietarian18 October 9th, 2019 04:56 PM

No, point limits are hard limits :(

Zetsubo October 9th, 2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegietarian18 (Post 2322017)
No, point limits are hard limits :(

Alright thanks for the answer. Guess it's back to the drawing board

superfrog October 9th, 2019 07:54 PM

Signed up!

Sir Heroscape October 9th, 2019 08:01 PM

Still stewing over some really fun picks...but will be signing up...

Soundwarp SG-1 October 16th, 2019 02:03 PM

I’m going to try to sing up for this one depending on what my schedule ends up looking like.

kevindola October 18th, 2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 (Post 2324373)
I’m going to try to sing up for this one depending on what my schedule ends up looking like.

Awesome, glad to have you back.

Just a reminder to get your armies in this weekend. We should be launching on Monday