Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   AotP News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Hasbro announces 'Shadows Over Innistrad' for 'Arena of the (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52746)

mcmeeple February 26th, 2016 06:16 PM

Hasbro announces 'Shadows Over Innistrad' for 'Arena of the

I am not sure if this is new news here (I am pretty sure it is). But a bit more detail about the next AoTP expansion coming in the fall:
http://www.examiner.com/article/hasb...-planeswalkers

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...?itok=5WP21sJL

johnny139 February 26th, 2016 06:20 PM

Re: Hasbro announces 'Shadows Over Innistrad' for 'Arena of

I think we all expected this, but it's nice to see something official. New terrain should be cool - probably something spooky.

Interesting that it's going to be in the Fall, though, as the Magic set comes out in April and they'll already be onto a new setting by September.

Xorlof February 26th, 2016 08:27 PM

Innistrad, huh? Hoping for some good thematic terrain!

Kajoq February 27th, 2016 06:08 PM

I really can't wait. I hope they do somewhat of a V2 rulebook this time around to clear up some of the poor wording and maybe even include an FAQ of the stuff that's been compiled.
If this doesn't include common squads, it's a bad bad sign. I'm really hoping we get them this time around.
Definitely excited for new terrain and hopefully it's a much more significant amount of it. I'm better off than your average AoTP player because I went a bit overboard and bought a TON of HS terrain, but my MTG playing buddies who are vaguely interested in the game are less inclined to hunt the stuff down. If a WalMart Base + Innistrad starts to contain enough to build some good maps then we're in business.

chas February 27th, 2016 07:15 PM

"This is GREAT!"
--Flounder, Animal House

"New twisted terrain" sounds promisingly like brand new terrain types. Since I'm in possession of plenty of old HS terrain, that would be great! And it appears to give the denial to those posters who don't think the game will even make it to the Fall! Hooray!!!

This should make the game viable, even if there are no follow up expansions after this one, although I think this unlikely...

johnny139 February 27th, 2016 07:27 PM

Mark Rosewater has said the game is performing very well (and he's usually pretty candid about sales, particularly with supplementary Magic products), so I'm not worried about the game's future in the least.

warriorpriest February 27th, 2016 08:09 PM

My son is excited for this. Actually I am too.

vegietarian18 February 27th, 2016 09:00 PM

Kind of weird that they are going to be cranking out Planeswalkers so quickly but I guess that must appeal to Magic players. I'm excited for any new content for this game

Owen1234 February 27th, 2016 10:26 PM

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes, where is the official hasbro link?

Marro_Warlord February 28th, 2016 12:22 AM

Well, that's something I definitely wanted to see. I think we'll get a Tamiyo, Sorin, new Liliana, possibly a Garruk, and some form of Avacyn. As for units, humans, zombies, and werewolves are definite staples, with vampires and ghosts probably making an appearance. I really hope they find a way to implement flashback. That mechanic is so great.

Kajoq February 28th, 2016 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord (Post 2076038)
Well, that's something I definitely wanted to see. I think we'll get a Tamiyo, Sorin, new Liliana, possibly a Garruk, and some form of Avacyn. As for units, humans, zombies, and werewolves are definite staples, with vampires and ghosts probably making an appearance. I really hope they find a way to implement flashback. That mechanic is so great.

Tibalt would be the new Red PW most likely.

Lord-IVD February 28th, 2016 03:25 AM

This is great to hear. I will look forward to it, and must say that with small tweaks here and there I am not having much trouble so far using my old magic decks with a Planeswalker to have great mixed game battles ..Costing cards is taking awhile and the biggest thing is figures for the card forces.