Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ShooterScape/GameScape Brainstorming Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48879)

johnny139 July 3rd, 2013 01:11 PM

ShooterScape/GameScape Brainstorming Thread

Welcome to the ShooterScape/GameScape/FPScape thread! We're still very much under construction here, so please, pardon our dust. :)

CORE MEMBERS
johnny139
Karat
Gardevoir
orgsbane
cwidje
Dr.Goomonkey
RAGNAROK
Zettian Juggernaut

SUPPLEMENTARY MEMBERS
Scapemage
DocGlock
Hellfire
capsocrates
Hammerfortress
Soundwarp SG-1

Don't be afraid to post here if you're interested in contributing!

DISCUSSION TOPICS
What games/franchises should be included in our first release? (Vote | Results)
What types of units should be in our first release? (Vote | Results)
How many units should be in our first release? (Results)
How many units should each franchise receive? (Results)
What rulebook will we be working off of? (Vote | Results)
What major alterations should we make to these rules? (Vote | Results)
What kind of new glyphs should we add? (Vote | Results)
What will Weapon Glyphs entail? (Vote | Results)
What will Item/Power-Up Glyphs entail? (Results)
What draft should our units most resemble? (Vote | Results)

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Porkins July 3rd, 2013 01:19 PM

Re: ShooterScape/GameScape - Any Interest?

Interested, but unable to participate right now. I'll just watch.

Heroscaper Guy July 3rd, 2013 01:22 PM

I'm interested but I've got too much on my plate right now to help. Maybe in the future, I can do some playtesting for it.

Zettian Juggernaut July 3rd, 2013 01:23 PM

I would be interested, though I haven't played either Gears of War or BioShock Infinite, so I could only help with Halo.

weebaer July 3rd, 2013 01:46 PM

Dota 2 would be fantastic. "Fresh Meat!!!"

Scapemage July 3rd, 2013 01:46 PM

This sounds like a great idea. One request I have though is to really make sure that Assassin's Creed gets into this project. There are plenty of minis and they fit well with the other 3 games on the main list. C3G is already doing Street Fighter, so I don't really think we need to have those guys. I didn't know there were Dota 2 minis in existence even.

I'll subscribe for now and see what becomes of it.

johnny139 July 3rd, 2013 01:47 PM

Dota 2 isn't out yet (slated for sometime this year!), but from what I understand of the genre they'd be an interesting addition for sure!

I personally have some knowledge of the BioShock universe (not Infinite in particular but the prior installments), so I can pitch in there. Halo has no shortage of fans here, that I know. :D But any help on Gears of War or Assassin's Creed would be super.

Karat July 3rd, 2013 01:55 PM

I haven't played Bioshok Infinite or GOW, but I have played the first Bioshock and Halo 1-4, and I have played all of the assassin's Creeds to date and will be getting the new one in October upon its release.

{Edit} I even own the Assassin's Creed movie..well more of an Assassin's Creed II prequel than an actual movie.

DocGlock July 4th, 2013 12:37 AM

This sounds like a very cool idea. Balancing the Assassins so they don't simply get sniped by the Spartans or the COGs could be challenging though. Anyway I'd be up for playtesting some units.

caps July 4th, 2013 12:55 AM

This is a cool idea.

johnny139 July 5th, 2013 12:26 PM

Bumping this to see if there's much more interest - so far we have myself, Zettian Juggernaut, and Karat. So we'd have Halo, Assassin's Creed, and BioShock pretty much covered. Not a bad core, I don't think, though four or five would be ideal. :D

Hellfire July 5th, 2013 07:08 PM

I'm not a diehard on GoW but I have played through each of the games once or twice; might be able to help out a bit.