Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Customization & HS Additions (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Debasing Dreamblade Figures (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=4314)

Miniature Geek November 25th, 2006 09:04 PM

Debasing Dreamblade Figures

Any tips on how to debase dreamblade figures without hurting them?

I tried straight up razor knife and simply ended up slicing off part of my thumb.

Grungebob November 25th, 2006 09:37 PM

Debasing Dreamblade Figures....

Simply cannot be done. The bases are part titanium and part plastic... The glue was designed by NASA in response to faulty "O" rings. It is designed to withstand tempuratures greater that 600 dgrees. There is a small tag on the bottom of the figure next to the faction symbol that states that if you remove the base you can face a severe penalty that includes a $250 fine and possible prison time.... It's just not worth it.

Miniature Geek November 25th, 2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grungebob

Simply cannot be done. The bases are part titanium and part plastic... The glue was designed by NASA in response to faulty "O" rings. It is designed to withstand tempuratures greater that 600 dgrees. There is a small tag on the bottom of the figure next to the faction symbol that states that if you remove the base you can face a severe penalty that includes a $250 fine and possible prison time.... It's just not worth it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then how are people making all these great Dreamblade Customs. :(

django November 25th, 2006 09:41 PM

was that you that almost cut your arm off last time trying that?

Miniature Geek November 25th, 2006 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by django
was that you that almost cut your arm off last time trying that?

I don't think that was me, or were you asking G-Bob?

Taelord November 25th, 2006 09:50 PM

I've heard if you keep it in your freezer, it will come off easier. I tried it on a magenight and it worked great. :D

Adam November 25th, 2006 10:07 PM

Tealord i'm shocked :shock: (well not really) that you would do such a crime punishable by 250 smackers!!!! :D

More importantly, does the base fit on the hexes already? or is it to big. if it fits, i would suggest to just live with the base, if not, then you have a nice little doorstop now!! :D

Taelord November 25th, 2006 10:12 PM

I won't get fined, they don't know where I live...............................I think
:unsure:

Zeeno November 25th, 2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taelord
I won't get fined, they don't know where I live...............................I think
:unsure:

three rivers?

Taelord November 25th, 2006 11:02 PM

Oh yeah, I will have to change that in my profile.

justjohn November 25th, 2006 11:10 PM

I've only debased a few, and it is quite a pain.

I took a pair of wire cutters and cut of the hard plastic frame around the base. Then I peeled the softer pvc plastic (the part that's molded to the figure) out of the hard plastic frame.

Then I just used the wire cutters to cut the figure off of the big pvc base, leaving little "duck feet" of the black pvc around the figure's actual feet. Cut those off with the exacto.

Hope my description made sense. Good luck.

ninthdoc November 25th, 2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniatureGeek
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grungebob

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then how are people making all these great Dreamblade Customs. :(

See, I thought this thread was about shaming Dreamblade figures, however I think I can help.

You come upon a Dreamblade figure that is firmly in place. It feels confident in its existance as a Dreamblade figure and its confidence is its strength. You must first remove its confidence in order to remove it's ability to adhere to the base.

For example:

Approach the figure in a manner that lets it know that you don't give two ****s about it or Dreamblade itself.

You will initially encounter resistance, but your own persistance will allow you to overcome this.

Next, tell the Dreamblade figure that Dreamblade sucks and that it will never arrive at self actualization by continuing to be a Dreamblade figure.

The Dreamblade figure will respond by just defiantly staring back at you (I know because I've used this method several times myself).

Next, show the Dreamblade figure how much cooler round bases that don't have writing on them are.

The Dreamblade figure will continue its defiance but be noticably shaken and weakened by this.

Allow the Dreamblade figure to witness a game of Heroscape occur (it helps if you win the game to show the Dreamblade figure that resistance toward you is futile).

At this point, the Dreamblade figure will still not be moved (or removed), but it will be severely weakened. It may lean slightly.

Now you should tell the Dreamblade figure why Dreamblade sucks.

"Dreamblade sucks because it is 2 dimensional, linear, and only 2 people can play Dreamblade at one time!"

This is the pivotal moment and great care must be taken. Now you must begin to build the Dreamblade figure back up. Remind it that it will always have been born a Dreamblade figure, but let it know that you have the power to make it into a Heroscape custom. Let it know that people won't think it sucks that badly if it's a Heroscape custom. Ask it, "Wouldn't you like to be a Heroscape custom?"

At this point, the Dreamblade figure will voluntarily remove itself from the base. It will beg you to put it onto a Heroscape base. If it was a fairly compliant Dreamscape figure, immediately base it onto a Heroscape base. However, if it gave you a ration of ****, you might consider leaving it off a base for a while to show it who's the boss and let it see how it feels to not belong to any game for a little while.

This is the proper way to debase a Dreamblade figure.