Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Alien Queen (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58392)

quozl December 10th, 2020 08:27 PM

The Book of Alien Queen

The Book of Alien Queen

C3G DARK HORSE PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 28
NOT YOUR AVERAGE SUPERHERO

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ueen_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Queen_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the AVP Alien Queen Action Pack set.
Its model number and name are #009 / Alien Queen.

Character Bio - A Queen is a huge Xenomorph that serves as the mother and leader of a Xenomorph hive. Her appearance differs from that of a drone, with a pair of extra arms and a large head crest. They can engage in combat, but usually remain stationary, letting the other Xenomorphs act while they direct the hive and lay the eggs. A Queen is much more intelligent than a normal Xenomorph, displaying traits of anger and vengeance beyond any purely instinctual behavior.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Alien Queen is a double-based figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Alien Queen can activate other Xenomorph Heroes and add to their Attack with her Xenomorph Mind Link special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a Xenomorph, an Alien Queen cannot be affected by a Xenomorph's Acidic Blood special power.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Karat December 10th, 2020 08:32 PM

Re: The Book of Alien Queen (Design Phase)

NAME = ALIEN QUEEN

SPECIES = XENOMORPH
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = MATRIARCH
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING
SIZE = HUGE 8
(double-spaced)

LIFE = 10
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 400

XENOMORPH MIND LINK
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Alien Queen, you may take a turn with up to 2 other Xenomorph Heroes you control. Figures taking a turn with Xenomorph Mind Link add 1 to their Attack number for that turn.

PIERCING TAIL STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 5.
If you rolled more skulls than your opponent rolled shields, the defending figure receives one additional wound. This special attack can only be used if the targeted figure's base is no more than 3 levels higher than Alien Queen's height or 3 levels below Alien Queen's base.

ACIDIC BLOOD
Whenever Alien Queen receives one or more wounds, before placing Wound Markers, you must immediately choose an adjacent figure that is not an Xenomorph for each wound received. Roll 1 unblockable attack die against each chosen figure. You cannot choose the same figure more than once.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman December 10th, 2020 08:58 PM

Confused on how the Destructible Object part works. How do you take a turn with a Destructible Object and is it any Destructible Object?

Karat December 10th, 2020 09:09 PM

No clue. I took it how it is. Would have to ask @Hellfire .

IAmBatman December 10th, 2020 09:10 PM

Guessing it's a reference to Alien Eggs? Not sure if they work as Destructible Objects if you're going to take a turn with them, though?

Karat December 11th, 2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2433923)
Guessing it's a reference to Alien Eggs? Not sure if they work as Destructible Objects if you're going to take a turn with them, though?

That's a fair point. Maybe a figure with 0 move would be better there.

IAmBatman December 11th, 2020 09:50 AM

I guess it'd be helpful to take a look at what he has for Alien Eggs. I'm not sure why the eggs need to take turns at all, but it could become clearer by seeing the design. It seems apparent this design needs to take into account where that design is headed to get things right! :-)

Tornado December 11th, 2020 10:01 AM

Here you go.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellfire (Post 2204646)
XENOMORPH EGG DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140421201417

Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman December 11th, 2020 10:04 AM

Hmm, yeah, passive powers and no leftbox stats. It's technically not draftable in that write up because it has no points, but I'm assuming it's meant to be.

I think it works as a DO but there's no need to take turns with it (and nothing that'd happen if you did?). But hopefully other people can confirm, because I often miss the obvious. :-P

MrNobody December 11th, 2020 12:40 PM

I think if it’s a DO you have to work with the fact that neither player really has ownershio of it (so things could get weird in mirror matches), but if it’s a Hero you have to work with the inherent weirdness of it being something that should never really move, attack, or take tirns in the traditional sense.

Splash December 11th, 2020 12:45 PM

I'd go 0 move figure, kinda like having a bunch of mini Marro Hives.

Could the eggs be designed alongside the Queen as they are kind of intertwined especially if it's decided she can lay them, plus I assume we're using the Horrorclix figure which comes with plenty of eggs (as well as C3G's chosen Alien Drone and Predator).

Tornado December 11th, 2020 01:00 PM

Hmm, I think you may be on to something with doing the eggs with the Queen. I think in a mirror match it could just be a free for all to use the eggs.