Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

killercactus January 12th, 2011 03:54 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I think the card would be a lot cleaner if Eric just didn't help against 20-sider powers. I think Eric preventing those types of things would lead to a lot of questions.

That being said, I still think this dude is insane with Raelin. Currently I can play Raelin, Eric and 10th x4 at 500 Points and guarantee that any figure my opponent attacks has +2 defense until Eric is dead or Raelin is killed in melee (which will be tough to do once the 10th screen is up), and his stats are equal to Q9's. And if Eric rolls more shields, the opponent gets hurt.

If Eric is going to be this strong, his powers need to be restricted to a core group of figures.

Taeblewalker January 12th, 2011 05:00 PM

Eric the Cavalier
Television: Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon
Fights for Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Cavalier
Loyal
Medium 4

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 5

Cost 100

GET BEHIND MY SHIELD!
Friendly small or medium figures that are adjacent to Eric cannot be attacked by non-adjacent enemy figures.

WHAT AM I DOING?
If a friendly figure that is within 3 clear sight spaces would roll defense dice against a non-adjacent attack, instead Eric must move adjacent to the friendly figure if he is able. Eric must roll defense dice and take any wounds that result from the attack.

COWARDLY CAVALIER 11
If Eric is attacked when he is not within 3 clear sight spaces of a friendly figure, and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may move Eric 4 spaces. Eric may not end his move adjacent to an enemy figure. When Eric starts to move with Cowardly Cavalier, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

dfonse January 17th, 2011 02:07 PM

that seems pretty good. I would say Eiener doesnt seem like the best fit. I think jandar would be better.

dfonse January 17th, 2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1312645)
I think the card would be a lot cleaner if Eric just didn't help against 20-sider powers. I think Eric preventing those types of things would lead to a lot of questions.

That being said, I still think this dude is insane with Raelin. Currently I can play Raelin, Eric and 10th x4 at 500 Points and guarantee that any figure my opponent attacks has +2 defense until Eric is dead or Raelin is killed in melee (which will be tough to do once the 10th screen is up), and his stats are equal to Q9's. And if Eric rolls more shields, the opponent gets hurt.

If Eric is going to be this strong, his powers need to be restricted to a core group of figures.

Totally. I used Realin 2, him, and the romansX3, and tealord. together that is 550 and they were unstoppeable.

killercactus January 17th, 2011 02:10 PM

I still think he's overpowered in a world that includes Raelin, but this is better since the Counterstrike thing is gone.

For Cowardly Cavalier, does he still defend against the attack as he normally would?

Taeblewalker January 17th, 2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1315982)
I still think he's overpowered in a world that includes Raelin, but this is better since the Counterstrike thing is gone.

For Cowardly Cavalier, does he still defend against the attack as he normally would?

I would say no, though it needs to go in the wording. As for his power to shield others, I was under the impression that with every ranged attack gunning for him, he would fall to concentrated fire, even with a Defense of 5. In melee, he does nothing to help his allies. What armies were sent against your Romans army?

I see that he may need to have his cost increased, perhaps to 130. And Jandar seems like a fair fit. Also, I added a restriction on "What Am I Doing?" It allows him to still help a friend in need, but with the exception of enemy Aubriens firing at his friends on consecutive turns, he cannot come to the aid of clustered Romans, which I believe was one of the great unbalancing factors you experienced.

Here's a modified version:

Eric the Cavalier
Television: Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon
Fights for Jandar

Human
Unique Hero
Cavalier
Loyal
Medium 4

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 5

Cost 130

GET BEHIND MY SHIELD!
Friendly small or medium figures that are adjacent to Eric cannot be attacked by non-adjacent enemy figures.

WHAT AM I DOING?
If a friendly figure that is within 3 clear sight spaces would roll defense dice against a non-adjacent attack, instead Eric must move adjacent to the friendly figure if he is able. Eric must roll defense dice and take any wounds that result from the attack. He may only do this once per opponent's turn.

COWARDLY CAVALIER 11
If Eric is attacked when he is not within 3 clear sight spaces of a friendly figure, and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may ignore the attack and instead move Eric 4 spaces. Eric may not end his move adjacent to an enemy figure. When Eric starts to move with Cowardly Cavalier, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

killercactus January 17th, 2011 05:32 PM

I was going to suggest that exact change to What Am I Doing, but I wanted to hear your reasoning first.

I was concerned that Eric would not fall to constant ranged fire because I'm assuming he will have Raelin's +2 defense bonus also, which I think is a reasonable assumption.

This change though will allow a ranged opponent to target something other than Raelin, force Eric to move, and then shoot at Raelin without Eric's defense bonus.

With those changes, I actually think 120 would be a reasonable place to start. He's still a really good combo with Raelin against range, but at least range has a chance of getting him to leave her side and then shoot at her.

Taeblewalker January 17th, 2011 06:10 PM

It is a nice sort of weakness, just like C3G Superman has. I think we might have the figure right now. Thanks for playtesting him.

wulfhunter667 January 17th, 2011 09:14 PM

I'm not so sure I like the new text for What Am I Doing. It seems a little confusing to me. The way it is written right now, Eric can move adjacent to an ally every time your opponent moves. That makes him uber-powerful IMHO. Here's what I think could be a possible solution...
WHAT AM I DOING?
If Eric has at least two unrevealed order markers on his Army Card and a friendly figure that is within 3 clear sight spaces would roll defense dice against a non-adjacent attack, move Eric adjacent to that figure. Eric must roll defense dice and take any wounds that result from the attack.
Or something to that effect. It defines the ability much clearer and limits the number of times it can be used per round.
Just my :2cents:.

Taeblewalker January 17th, 2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1316300)
I'm not so sure I like the new text for What Am I Doing. It seems a little confusing to me. The way it is written right now, Eric can move adjacent to an ally every time your opponent moves. That makes him uber-powerful IMHO. Here's what I think could be a possible solution...
WHAT AM I DOING?
If Eric has at least two unrevealed order markers on his Army Card and a friendly figure that is within 3 clear sight spaces would roll defense dice against a non-adjacent attack, move Eric adjacent to that figure. Eric must roll defense dice and take any wounds that result from the attack.
Or something to that effect. It defines the ability much clearer and limits the number of times it can be used per round.
Just my :2cents:.

That, or something like it, is worth considering.

dfonse January 18th, 2011 06:22 PM

my romans fought three armies. 1) Soulbourgs: deathwalker9k, deathwalker8k, zettains, death stalkers, and deathwreaverX2

2) keamen awa, feral troll, charos, realon 1, tarn vikings, deathstalkers.

3) dwarves: darrak, migol, axegrindersX2.

Taeblewalker January 18th, 2011 09:56 PM

Thanks for giving us the armies, Dfonse. The latter 2 especially seem relatively competitive.

As for the unrevealed order marker idea, Wulf, it seems that this power all but requires you to place the X on him, and certainly requires that you take a turn with him. Perhaps the power can simply be used once per round.