Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

TREX August 26th, 2015 08:23 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

@McHotcakes , I think we are currently at the latest card that @JC McMinis made, @Dysole is just going through different ideas on the picture background. We still need to probably do some testing and find out a point limit for him. I might be able to run a test or two once we figure out a point limit. I have been currently doing quite a few play tests for HOSS, but can fit him in once we find out where we want to start his tests. Hey everyone, would it be a good idea to use play testing reports like Hoss, c3g and C3v to give everybody a good visual into how the PT came out. I think that would certainly improve our process so that we don't have to fix as many in the other thread. I think that was one of the strong points in designing kratos. Our many play tests honed him into something fun and balanced.

Dysole August 26th, 2015 08:48 PM

Hmm

@JcMinis, lemme see what these two look like on that background or if you want me to GIMP it up I can do it as well. For point cost, I'm looking at him and he's basically got Elaria's stats with 1 more life and 1 less move. He's admittedly got a decently powerful Special Attack and less survivability combined with potential negatives. I think 45 is a great starting spot.

~Dysole, who likes ending in 5 as Doof doesn't really play nicely with others

Taeblewalker August 27th, 2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2041748)
@McHotcakes , I think we are currently at the latest card that @JC McMinis made, @Dysole is just going through different ideas on the picture background. We still need to probably do some testing and find out a point limit for him. I might be able to run a test or two once we figure out a point limit. I have been currently doing quite a few play tests for HOSS, but can fit him in once we find out where we want to start his tests. Hey everyone, would it be a good idea to use play testing reports like Hoss, c3g and C3v to give everybody a good visual into how the PT came out. I think that would certainly improve our process so that we don't have to fix as many in the other thread. I think that was one of the strong points in designing kratos. Our many play tests honed him into something fun and balanced.

I think having a playtest report form is a great idea. That really helps us in C3V.

~Taeblewalker, who is not sure which character he wants to design when his turn comes up next.

TREX August 27th, 2015 01:37 PM

@Taeblewalker , I'm sure it wont hurt anything anyway. I think we should just post the play tests we do on the current figure in a post in a spoiler. That will bring our designs to a higher level of balance.

JC McMinis August 27th, 2015 06:11 PM

@Dysole the 1st link you posted was the pic I used, I just cropped it to be the upper part of his body.I will do a mock up with the other one and post it tomorrow.

Dysole August 27th, 2015 06:17 PM

Hmm

It's very slightly different, but I can understand not wanting to reiterate something you've already done.

~Dysole, appreciatively

Tornado August 27th, 2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2041888)
~Taeblewalker, who is not sure which character he wants to design when his turn comes up next.

Ookla or the horses. :) "Ookla ride!"

Taeblewalker August 27th, 2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2042037)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2041888)

Ookla or the horses. :) "Ookla ride!"

I was actually thinking of Ookla!

TREX August 27th, 2015 10:32 PM

@Taeblewalker , what show are those characters off of. I'd like to check em out.

McHotcakes August 28th, 2015 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2042070)
@Taeblewalker , what show are those characters off of. I'd like to check em out.

They are from Thundarr the Barbarian.

I remember watching that cartoon allllll the way back in the 90's...what? They showed reruns. :p

JC McMinis August 28th, 2015 07:05 AM

Loved Thundarr as a kid, but let us not get ahead of ourselves we need to finish Dr. Doof

TREX August 29th, 2015 02:08 PM

Once we get a card mock up, I would be glad to do some Play testing on this guy to get him balanced. I'll do it in the HOSS format that I know and love. That way we can keep a rolling in this thread.