Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Lamaclown August 21st, 2011 11:06 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1466174)
Working from what TW posted, here are the abilities with reference to "Animal". LC, does this fit your vision for Doolittle?

Quote:

WALK WITH THE ANIMALS
After taking a turn with Dr. Doolittle, you may move up to two Animal figures you control up to 4 spaces each.

TALK WITH THE ANIMALS
Instead of taking a turn with Dr. Dolittle, you may take a turn with any 1 Animal Hero you control.

THE GOOD DOCTOR
If Dr. Doolittle ends his turn adjacent to a Unique Animal Hero you control, you may remove up to two wound markers from that Hero's army card.
Should Talk With The Animals give the option of a squad too?

That is looking good. I will post my complete thoughts tomorrow. Sorry, for being scarce this weekend.

Lamaclown August 22nd, 2011 08:15 AM

OK, here is my go. Basically, his special abilities as I was envisioning them already got nailed. The only thing I really need to do is post the stats I was thinking of.

Dr. Dolittle wasn't a fighter so his attack and defense shouldn't be all that great. His main value should rest in his special abilities with animals.

I went back and forth between Aquilla and Ullar because of the nature/animal aspect of him and Jandar for because of his character. I have it narrowed down to either Ullar or Jandar.

Quote:

DR. DOLITTLE
Ullar/ Jandar
Human
Unique Hero
Doctor
Merciful
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3
Points ???

WALK WITH THE ANIMALS
After taking a turn with Dr. Doolittle, you may move up to two Animal figures you control up to 4 spaces each.

TALK WITH THE ANIMALS
Instead of taking a turn with Dr. Dolittle, you may take a turn with any 1 Animal Hero or 1 Animal Squad you control.

THE GOOD DOCTOR
If Dr. Doolittle ends his turn adjacent to a Unique Animal Hero you control, you may remove up to two wound markers from that Hero's army card.
I figure once we have the animals ironed out we can get a better idea for his cost. That is with the assumption that his cost will be linked with how powerful the animals are.

JC McMinis August 22nd, 2011 09:23 AM

Ok here is a toned down elephant, I loweres his base movement and toned down trample what do you think

Elephant
Aquilla

Pacyderm
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Wild
Large 8

Life 6
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Tough
When rolling defense dice, elepghant adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Trample
Before moving Elephant, you may choose to add 3 to it's movement. If you choose to do this, you may move elephant through any space occupied by an opponents small or medium figure. For each figure passed through, roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure. Elephant may not attack on a turn where it used trample.

Points 100[/QUOTE]

Taeblewalker August 22nd, 2011 09:31 AM

This elephant must end its move on an unoccupied space.

JC McMinis August 22nd, 2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1466360)
This elephant must end its move on an unoccupied space.

I did not think of that good point Tablewalker

mac122 August 22nd, 2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1466358)
Ok here is a toned down elephant, I loweres his base movement and toned down trample what do you think

Elephant
Aquilla

Pacyderm
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Wild
Large 8

Life 6
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Tough
When rolling defense dice, this Elephant adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled

Trample
Before moving this Elephant, you may choose to add 3 to it's movement. If you choose to do this, you may move this Elephant through any space occupied by an opponent's small or medium figure. This Elephant must end its movement on an unoccupied space. For each figure passed through, roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure. This Elephant may not attack on a turn where it used trample. When using Trample, this Elephant will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Points 100

Added TW's note and "no leaving engagement" at the end of Trample.

6 Life with 3 Defense+Tough seems a little high. I'd like to see the Life reduced to 4.

JC McMinis August 22nd, 2011 10:54 AM

Was just basing the life on the other animal examples given and it seems to me that elephants would be hard to kill. Maybe 5 life and 2 defense + tough.

Lamaclown August 22nd, 2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1466402)
Was just basing the life on the other animal examples given and it seems to me that elephants would be hard to kill. Maybe 5 life and 2 defense + tough.

Its funny you say that becuase I was just thinking that, in order to keep the Dr's points lower, I was going to go with lower life values for the animals I had started on.
So, I guess we are on the same page for that.
BTW, I think Trample is a great ability for an elephant. I'd like for the animals to be kept simple but it would be great for the elephant to have a Carry ability as well, I think.

JC McMinis August 22nd, 2011 12:37 PM

I was inspired to do the elephant because I just saw a replay of the Deadliest Warrior with Hannibal yesterday. Carry for an elephant would be good, but getting on one is a slow process. How about this for a carrying animal.

Mustang
Aquilla

Equine
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Wild
Large 6

Life 3
Move 8
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2

Leap
Once during its move this mustang may leap over a maximum of four water spaces, this counts towards this mustang's total movement.

Carry- as per normal scape rules.

Points 50

JC McMinis August 22nd, 2011 12:43 PM

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...ds/Mustang.jpg

JC McMinis August 22nd, 2011 01:08 PM

Here's an idea for an animal squad.

Grey Wolves (Squad of 4 Wolves)

Aquilla

Lupines
Common Squad
Animals
Wild
Medium 4

Life 1
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

Pack Movement
You may move up to 8 Grey Wolves that youcontrol each turn. However, you may attack with only 4 Grey Wolves. You may attack with 4 Grey Wolves, even Grey Wolves that you did not move this turn.

Strength of the Pack
When rolling attack dice for a Grey Wolf, roll 1 additional attack die for each Grey Wolf adjacent to the figure being attacked, to a maximum of 3 dice.

Points 60

mac122 August 22nd, 2011 04:31 PM

Two suggestions:
1. How about making the Wolves a 3-figure squad, with the corresponding adjustments to Pack Movement and removing "Grey" from their name. This would allow people to use the Wolves of Badru figures that many of us may already have.
2. Let's finalize the Doctor and then take the animal cards 1 by 1. Designs and ideas may well get lost in the shuffle with so much going on at once.