Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   ScapeCon (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Gen/ScapeCon Map Pool History (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56737)

infectedsloth March 21st, 2020 03:45 AM

Gen/ScapeCon Map Pool History

Heroscape has been at Gencon since 2006. Below is a link to the map pool break down from 2007-2023. 2007 was the first year we used community built maps.

Sir Heroscape April 12th, 2020 02:46 PM

Re: Gencon Map Pool History

Really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

On that note...even though GC is still questionable whether or not it's even going to happen, do you still plan on announcing the map selection (prepping as if it will happen)?

OEAO April 12th, 2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape (Post 2368213)
Really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

On that note...even though GC is still questionable whether or not it's even going to happen, do you still plan on announcing the map selection (prepping as if it will happen)?

We’ve been testing a lot of maps over the past four months or so. We’ll build the pool in May like usual, assuming we don’t hear anything regarding a cancellation by then. If we do, I don’t think we’ll release an official pool.

GeneralRolando May 21st, 2020 03:10 PM

I know that you've made them for individual gen cons but would if be possible to get all these maps in one big PDF file?

dok May 21st, 2020 03:41 PM

Awesome resource, thanks IS.

I just realized Bad Moon Rising has never been used. For shame!

I like all the maps that have been used 3+ times except Burial Marsh. That's not really meant as a knock on Panopticon - Wyrmwalk is one of my all time favorite maps, after all.

infectedsloth August 24th, 2021 01:19 AM

I've just completed a significant update to the Gen/ScapeCon map pool history.
  • Every map is now linked to their build instructions
  • There's now a link to every cartographer's map thread
  • There's a link to each years map announcement thread/post
@Codeman @Jormi_Boced @DrLivingston I couldn't find any of your map threads. Codeman, you wouldn't happen to have the build instructions for Annihilation Ally? DrLivgston, the same goes for you for Molton Ground.

The links are dead for @Geosmores maps tread and his maps on the Gencon 2007 post. He hasn't been on since 2007, so the built instructions are most likely lost to history. You can still take a look at the old 07 maps that I couldn't find on this video Heroscapers.com@Gencon'07

It should also be noted that Scape 2021 used updated versions of Honor, The Jabberwock, Turmoil, and Forest Fire. The link to the map pool announcement has the updated versions, but their respective map threads still have the old versions.

superfrog August 24th, 2021 01:36 AM

Re: Gen/Scapecon Map Pool History

Cool resource!

Have you considered including OnlineCon 2020 maps? I know the organizing for that was run by a different crew and so it’s not a 1:1 comparison.

DrLivingston August 31st, 2021 07:44 PM

I never had a map thread. What event are you wondering about?

infectedsloth August 31st, 2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrLivingston (Post 2479008)
I never had a map thread. What event are you wondering about?

Your map Molton Ground was used for Gencon 2007, and I can find a record of it anywhere on the site. I doubt you still have files on it, but it's worth a shot.

DrLivingston September 2nd, 2021 09:09 AM

Huh. Didn't even remember that they used a map of mine for that, lol. I'll dig around and see what I can find.

infectedsloth June 12th, 2023 11:40 PM

Re: Gen/ScapeCon Map Pool History

The Gen/ScapeCon Map Pool History has been updated for 2023.

S1R_ART0R1US August 3rd, 2023 11:11 AM

Re: Gen/ScapeCon Map Pool History

Great resource list!