Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Books (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Books: What are you currently reading? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=11616)

johnny139 August 28th, 2007 08:20 PM

Books: What are you currently reading?

Well, the people around here like to read, and we have a music thread, so... why not! What are all you people currently reading?

I just started To Kill Rasputin by Andrew Cook. It's very interesting, and gives a second look into Rasputin's final days. After that'll I'm going to give a long overdue look at American Gods.

Temprit August 28th, 2007 08:26 PM

I just finished a book I started in sixth grade. Its called Dragon of the Lost sea.

kenjib August 28th, 2007 08:27 PM

Iron Council by China Mieville. I usually like older books - 1930's and older - though. The book is pretty good but doesn't have as interesting a feel as Perdido Street Station did. Perdido Street Station really lost the cool at the end and turned into a run-of-the-mill action story though. Most books with a really interesting premise seem to do that (Snow Crash comes quickly to mind here). I'll see if this one does too or if the themes of industry, civilization, and freedom actually go anywhere.

Onacara August 28th, 2007 08:27 PM

See Spot Run

I particualarly like the part where it goes "Run. Run. Run."

netherspirit August 28th, 2007 08:29 PM

Decided to take a break from Fantasy and Sci-Fi for awhile, I'm reading the Alex Cross novels by James Patterson. I just finished Along Came a Spider and started Kiss the Girls last night.

ej August 28th, 2007 09:57 PM

I'm reading 30-year-old or older copies of Asimov, Analog and other sci-fi magazines I bought at an old bookstore years ago.

netherspirit August 28th, 2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ej
I'm reading 30-year-old or older copies of Asimov, Analog and other sci-fi magazines I bought at an old bookstore years ago.

I dig Asimov, particularly the Robot stories and novels.

Euryon August 28th, 2007 10:30 PM

Just finished "The Two Georges". Will read "Anansi Boys" now.

Fallen Templar August 28th, 2007 11:00 PM

I just finished A Seperate Peace for school next week. I started Children of Hurin this afternoon and am about half-way through.

Sweetcurse August 28th, 2007 11:28 PM

Johnny, with Ag, be prepared for a long immersing journey. I finished Feast for Crows and plan to read Outbound Flight next. I recently re-read The Nine Books of History and about half of Tristan in the non fantasy sci-fi arena. I'm also reading Meg Gardiner books.

Scape_Scrub11 August 28th, 2007 11:33 PM

Do comics count?

Fallen Templar August 28th, 2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
Do comics count?

Only if it's the Halo comic