Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 September 29th, 2011 11:18 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Looking good, TW.

Do you have a particular mini in mind or is this another generic human male (like Samuel Sullivan)?

------------
Here's a draft of the card with Silver Key copied from TW's post
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...OLPHCARTER.png
I used Samuel Sullivan's hit zone for now. The image is from a movie (?) poster.

JC McMinis October 1st, 2011 01:40 AM

Card looks great barring TW picking a mini. I'm guessing 100-125 on points.

mac122 October 1st, 2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
THE SILVER KEY
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this Army Card, before taking a turn with Randolph Carter you may also reveal an "X" Order Marker on Randolph Carter's Army Card to activate The Silver Key. Choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Carter and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 14 or higher, place an "X" Order Marker on that Hero's Army Card. At the end of the round, if the chosen figure has not been destroyed, take control of the figure and its Army Card for the following round and place Carter's figure on this Army Card. At the end of the following, control of the figure and its Army Card returns to the player who controlled it before The Silver Key was used. Place Randolph Carter in your start zone. If there are no available spaces in your start zone or if the chosen figure is destroyed while using The Silver Key, destroy Randolph Carter. When moving with The Silver Key, Randolph Carter does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Quote:

THE SILVER KEY
After revealing a numbered order marker on this Army Card, and before taking a turn with Randolph Carter, you may also reveal an "X" order marker on this Army Card to activate The Silver Key. Choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Randolph Carter and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 14 or higher, place the "X" order marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. At the end of the round, if the chosen figure has not been destroyed, take control of the figure and its Army Card and place Randolph Carter's figure on this Army Card. At the end of the following round, control of the chosen Hero and its Army Card returns to the player who controlled the Hero before The Silver Key. Place Randolph Carter in your start zone. If there are no available spaces in your start zone or if the chosen figure is destroyed while using The Silver Key, destroy Randolph Carter. When moving with The Silver Key, Randolph Carter does not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Fixed some capitalization and made some other assorted edits. Any other edits needed?

Taeblewalker October 1st, 2011 02:27 AM

Great job on the card! I would use the Skids O'Toole mini from Fantasy Flight.

Edit: As for the edits above, I would leave "on Randolph Carter's Army Card," to copy the precedent of Evar Scarcarver and Siege.

JC McMinis October 1st, 2011 11:23 AM

Nice looking mini choice TW :D

SirGalahad October 1st, 2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1489908)
Quote:

THE SILVER KEY
After revealing a numbered order marker on this Army Card, and before taking a turn with Randolph Carter, you may also reveal an "X" order marker on this Army Card to activate The Silver Key. Choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Randolph Carter and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an a 14 or higher, place the "X" order marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. At the end of the round, if the chosen figure has not been destroyed, take control of the figure and its Army Card and place Randolph Carter's figure on this Army Card. At the end of the following round, control of the chosen Hero and its Army Card returns to the player who controlled the Hero before The Silver Key. Place Randolph Carter in your start zone. If there are no available spaces in your start zone or if the chosen figure is destroyed while using The Silver Key, destroy Randolph Carter. When moving with The Silver Key, Randolph Carter does not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Fixed some capitalization and made some other assorted edits. Any other edits needed?

Still need to keep the part about the 'X' order marker still being on the card, as it can be removed as part of a player's turn (Silver Surfer, for example).

Also, just wanting to think it through - what happens if a figure that has RC's 'X' gets mind-shackled before the end of the round?

As I see it, RC's owner would still get the figure, but it would be returned to the mind shackler at the end of the next round. Is that how others would play it?

Taeblewalker October 1st, 2011 05:15 PM

I would say, "control of the Hero and the Army Card returns to the player who last controlled the Hero."

Lamaclown October 2nd, 2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1490004)
Also, just wanting to think it through - what happens if a figure that has RC's 'X' gets mind-shackled before the end of the round?

As I see it, RC's owner would still get the figure, but it would be returned to the mind shackler at the end of the next round. Is that how others would play it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1490102)
I would say, "control of the Hero and the Army Card returns to the player who last controlled the Hero."

:thumbsup:
That is how I would read it as well.

JC McMinis October 2nd, 2011 08:34 PM

I agree with TW..oh and welcome back LC have a nice vacatiin?

Lamaclown October 2nd, 2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1490626)
I agree with TW..oh and welcome back LC have a nice vacatiin?

Thanks, jc. Yes, we had a great time. We were in a cabin in the Smokies and the kids had a blast hiking and swimming! We also caught a few shows in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. My son loved Dixie Stampede. Thanks for asking.

JC McMinis October 5th, 2011 03:21 PM

So where are we at with Mr. Carter

mac122 October 11th, 2011 10:57 PM

TW - can you post an updated draft of Randolph Carter?