Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Online Heroscape Games and Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Major League Heroscape Online!!! Sponsored By Auggies Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39976)

Vegaslen March 13th, 2012 10:08 AM

Major League Heroscape Online!!! Sponsored By Auggies Games

Major League Heroscape
As sponsored by Auggies Games

Major League Heroscape is a friendly league that will run consecutive seasons, with an off-season for recruiting and pre-season prep.
  • Games are played using Griffin's HeroSkype, Kinseth's Googlescape and Filthy's Dice/Chat App. Online play instructions and links to the apps can be found here.
  • A Skype account, or other online voice chat app, is really helpful but not essential.
  • Classic, C3V and SOV are allowed , official Marvel only where stated.
Each league will consist of 8 players; this number, as well as the number of leagues, will be determined by interest and player availability. When multiple leagues are running, promotion and relegation will determine movement between the leagues, with the top two players moving up to a higher league and the bottom two dropping down.

Before the season begins, we will determine 6 different scenarios. These scenarios will each be assigned a map, point total, and glyph set. These scenarios will then be slotted in weeks 1-2 and weeks 4-7. The only scenario that is set in stone is week 3, and the playoffs, which will be standard 24-space kill 'em all. The semifinals will use the same army as week 3, and the final will be Reverse the Whip, where you play with your opponent's army. Maps for these three weeks will be posted ahead of time, but which map will be used which week will not be announced until after armies are submitted.

A full schedule of games will be determined before the season begins, but you will not know who you are playing until after you submit your army for the week. Armies are needed before you play the previous week's match. In Week 1 we need your Week 1 army plus the Week 2 army; in Week 2, you will submit your Week 3 army, and so forth.

League seasons will run at a rate of 1 game per week. Note that this is flexible, allowing for time to make up games as needed. This gives a season of 7 weeks with a 2 week playoff. We will have an off season of around 2 weeks so that we can recruit more players and sort out the map/scenario pools for the next season. Feedback is highly encouraged in this process.

Final decisions concerning anything here are made by the Board. If you have any questions please direct to them by this thread or a PM.

Current Board
  • Bengi
  • Dok
  • Filthy the Clown
  • Kinseth
  • Vegaslen
1. Vegaslen
2. Filthy the Clown
3. Machinekng
4. lefton4ya
5. dok
6. kinseth
7. Bengi
8. Infected Sloth
9. Megasilver
10.kira-tea
11.boromir96
12.neo
13.capsocrates
14. Major Q23
15. FuriousMufasa
16.vegietarian18

Alternates
1. Xorlof
2. personwholives

Vegaslen March 13th, 2012 10:09 AM

Re: Major League Heroscape Online!!!!!

Here are the formats for each week (no Marvel unless otherwise specified, 24 maximum startzone spaces unless otherwise specified, C3V/SoV legal):
  1. 650/Infiltrator/Uncommon
    Spoiler Alert!
  2. 480/Ratcatcher/Assassin's Guild
    Spoiler Alert!
  3. 500/[Fulcrum, Stygian Rift, or Blackroot]/Kill 'em All
    Spoiler Alert!
  4. 850/divided v2/mixed marvel 16 spaces
    Spoiler Alert!
  5. 575/Trepidation/B-
    Spoiler Alert!
  6. 525/Road Rage v2/Heat of Battle
    Spoiler Alert!
  7. 540/Can't See the Jungle/Pooled draft.
    Spoiler Alert!
At the conclusion of the 7 weeks, the top 4 will advance to the playoffs. Week 1 (semifinals) of the playoffs will use one of the maps not used in week 3, with players playing the same armies they played in week 3. The finals will use the final map, and players will trade armies (reverse the whip).[/QUOTE]

Vegaslen March 13th, 2012 10:09 AM

Thaelenk Division
capsocrates
dok
Filthy the Clown
FuriousMufasa
Infected Sloth
kira-tea
lefton4ya
Machinekng

Volcarren Division
Bengi
boromir96
Kinseth
Major Q23
Megasilver
neo
Vegaslen
vegietarian18

Link to league tables

Filthy the Clown March 13th, 2012 10:55 AM

Online scape is a great way to get your tournament/gaming fix, from the comfort of your home or online retreat, playing against opponents that you might not be able to play against via a physical tournament.

Note that you have an entire week to play your game, with additional time as needed; additionally, you don't have to play your game in one sitting, in the event that something pops up in the middle of your game.

So, if you have any interest in playing some scape with a fun, flexible group, I encourage you to sign up!

machinekng March 13th, 2012 12:20 PM

Sign me up.

lefton4ya March 13th, 2012 02:21 PM

I guess sign me up - but I have a busy schedule that may preclude me. I can only play Tuesday or Thursday evenings (7pm +) and SOME Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I suppose I can also play latenights (10 pm-Mindinght) almost any weeknight if someone is up for it.

dok March 13th, 2012 02:32 PM

I'm in.

boromir96 March 13th, 2012 02:40 PM

I'm Interested,I just Don't Know If I'll have Enough Computer Time Every Week:shrug: also,I probably wouldn't be able to use Skype.

Any chance You would make this Like a tourney and Do Prizes?
If you were to get 16 People and Charge $5 That would be $80 to buy Prizes with(Maybe Gift Certificates to Auggies?)
Everyone would send their $5 to one person(maybe Filthy?) and then He would Buy The Gift Certificates.

With $80,You could do,
1st place $40
2nd place$25
3rd place $15

Thoughts?

Kinseth March 13th, 2012 02:45 PM

I am in.

Vegaslen March 13th, 2012 05:19 PM

i dont think prizes can work for this format

just for fun and for those like me who are in a different country but love to play

let me know if you're still interested

Bengi March 13th, 2012 06:07 PM

Obviously I'm in.

infectedsloth March 13th, 2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegaslen (Post 1576388)
When multiple leagues are running, promotion and relegation will determine movement between the leagues, with the top two players moving up to a higher league and the bottom two dropping down.

How will you determine initially if you are placed in the higher of lower league?

And yes I am interested in joining, but I want to get an online game in first.