Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ElvenEnvy's Custom Units and Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23928)

ElvenEnvy March 8th, 2009 03:17 PM

ElvenEnvy's Custom Units and Cards

Welcome to my custom cards and units thread. I'm pretty new to the forums as far as actually posting goes, so I might need some help with that over time.

Here is my first creation Fyorlag King...
Spoiler Alert!

So I haven't posted a custom unit since I joined the site, but here's a new one I've been working on for a while.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...988&original=1

It's a hero for Valkrill that bonds with the Death Knights. The mini used is Dread Warrior from the DnD Legendary Evils set.

DrRansom March 8th, 2009 03:45 PM

Re: ElvenEnvy's Custom Units and Cards

From a purely aesthetic viewpoint I think you did an excellent job with the color scheme for the model itself. I like the darker head and the spots on it's knees and what not. Next time you may consider doing a darker wash overtop the whole thing before glossing just to give those cracks and crannies a little more of a natural feel but overall well done! Nice eyes too. :)

What did you make your base out of?

The card looks well made. I can't read the point value. I like the poson abillity. I'm not sold on the 8 leg attack abillity yet. (8 x 2 = 16 attack dice) Seems like alot of attacking, but I supose that will be reflected in the units cost.

With a speed of 9 and 16 potential attack dice this thing is like a giant Krav Maga sized lawnmower. SquadScape no more! :D +rep (edit: HA! I put you in the green.)

ElvenEnvy March 8th, 2009 04:21 PM

Thanks for the feedback. The poison ability was just copied and pasted from an actual card from Aquillas Alliniane expansion.

Somehow I'm going to get the text smaller so I can add that the same unit cannot be attacked more than one with the eight leg ability. That way if squads crowd the unit they could be cut down, but if one hero does it wouldn't be worth using the attack.

Base is just cardboard traced from a Swog Rider's base and covered with a base pattern from the downloads section of the sight. Also since I took the pic I made it browner on the outside with just a sharpy marker.

What do you suppose its point cost should be, just from the stats and abilities what would you say? I'm still testing it in game though.

ElvenEnvy March 8th, 2009 06:14 PM

Leg Smash Special Attack now reads:

Range 1. Attack 2.
When Fyorlag King attacks with his Leg Smash special attack he may use the attack 8 times. He cannot attack
the same figure more than once.

From the way I see it it would only be useful if...
-He were surrounded by a low defense group of figures.
-He moved up to a group of low defense figures.
-He hopes to get a lucky roll against some medium or high defense figures.

DrRansom March 8th, 2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy (Post 773361)

Range 1. Attack 2.
When Fyorlag King attacks with his Leg Smash special attack he may use the attack 8 times. He cannot attack

I like the new wording better.
I shall name him Orcrist, the grut cleaver. (+rep if you know the Goblin name for it)

JC McMinis March 9th, 2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRansom (Post 773393)
Quote:

Range 1. Attack 2.

I shall name him Orcrist, the grut cleaver. (+rep if you know the Goblin name for it)

Beater

DrRansom March 9th, 2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 773492)
Quote:

Quote:

Range 1. Attack 2.

Beater

Oohh.. close. :) very, very close.

JC McMinis March 9th, 2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRansom (Post 773698)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 773492)
Quote:

Quote:

Range 1. Attack 2.

Beater

Oohh.. close. :) very, very close.

Ok then it is Biter...Could not be for sure without digging out my copy of the Hobbit

09167 March 9th, 2009 10:16 PM

I think the leg smash and the 9 move is uneccesary, if those are changed I think about 200 points would do...

09167 March 9th, 2009 10:21 PM

he looks cool how did you make him? or did you?

rbaker March 10th, 2009 11:07 AM

I too find the 8 leg power a bit much.

The 9 move is also a bit much in my opinion.

I'd probably give him around 6 move but also give him the ability to move through trees and other forest terrain without penalty.

ElvenEnvy March 10th, 2009 05:44 PM

I think 8 move or 6 move and a moving ability would be good since the little spiders that are actually in the game have 7 move and he should be better than they are.

I'm thinking about ditching the 8-leg attack since so many people think its too powerful, but I'm not sure if you've all read the re-wording of it.

I think I'm going to change the posion attack out for a ranged special- web shot maybe.