Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Superboy (Kon-El) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37213)

Griffin August 6th, 2011 12:39 AM

The Book of Superboy (Kon-El)

The Book of Superboy (Kon-El)

C3G DC WAVE 13
THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...rboy_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...erboy_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Legacy set.
Its model number and name are #064-066 / Superboy.
Its model number and name are #210 / Connor Kent.

Character Bio - Shortly after Superman gave his life to defeat the infamous rampaging monster known as Doomsday, 4 impostors showed up in the city of Metropolis claiming to be Superman back from the dead. One of these 4 impostors was the Hero known today as Superboy, but at the time he resented the title and requested that people call him "the real Superman". Unlike Superman and Supergirl, Superboy was not born on the planet Krypton, he was genetically engineered after Superman's DNA and then cloned by Cadmus labs to create a new Superman after the Doomsday event. It is not common knowledge, in fact not even the real Superman is aware, but Superboy also regrettably shares DNA with Superman's most vile enemy: Lex Luthor.
Superboy has the power of flight, super strength, invulnerability, and a weakness to Kryptonite just like all Kryptonians, but due to his DNA being altered, he does not have their other powers, but he does have the ability to dismantle inanimate objects with a thought and touch - a power that he calls Tactile Telekinesis.
Armed with these super powers and an attitude, Superboy spends his time and efforts working with the Teen Titans as one of their charter members.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Superboy may move Titans and Sidekicks with his Titan Protector special power. Current Titans and Sidekicks.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Kryptonian figures have a number of specific counters to look out for: beware memories of their homeworld, as a Glyph of Green Kryptonite, a Kryptonite Blast Special Attack from Lex Luthor, or other Kryptonians, who ignore Kryptonian DNA. (Note that Superboy is also effective against many of your opponents' Kryptonian figures.)
  • Teen Titans faction strategy guide
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
21 July 2021 - Titan Protector now only protects Titans and Sidekicks.

Griffin August 6th, 2011 12:40 AM

Re: The Book Of Superboy - DESIGNING

NAME = SUPERBOY
SECRET IDENTITY = KON-EL

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = BRASH

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 240

KRYPTONIAN DNA
Superboy has the species of Kryptonian in addition to the species listed on this card. When Superboy rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.

TITAN PROTECTOR
If a Titan or Sidekick you control within 3 spaces of Superboy would receive one or more wounds from a normal attack, and Superboy is not engaged, you may instead place one Wound Marker on this card and you may place the defending figure adjacent to Superboy. Figures moved this way will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

TACTILE TELEKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Cyborgs, Androids, and destructible objects cannot roll any defense dice against this special attack.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

A3n August 6th, 2011 02:10 AM

This looks good :up:.

He has to have a weakness to Kryptonite so his species as Kryptonian fits mechanically but it isn't accurate. I would think that thematically he should be a Clone or Hybrid. So this is a bit tricky.

Griffin August 6th, 2011 02:16 AM

He is just as much Kryptonian as he is Human, this is true, but in terms of what is interesting for the game, I would much rather see him bypass Kryptonian defenses, be affected by Kryptonite, and work well within future Kryptonian synergies - as opposed to allowing Alfred heal him.

Griffin August 6th, 2011 02:18 AM

One thing we could do, is something I was toying around with for Cyborg Superman, is replace Kryptonian Defense with KRYPTONIAN DNA - which is basically Kryptonian Defense with the add on that "his species is also considered to be Kryptonian in addition to the species on this card."

Spidey'tilIDie August 6th, 2011 03:30 AM

I would bump his defense to 6 and possibly his life too. Now that he can age he has matured a little and can even use Heat Vision, though I prefer TT be on the card over it.

Griffin August 6th, 2011 03:39 AM

I hear ya on the life and defense, but what is wrong with representing him at the time where his invulnerability was weaker than Superman and Kara (which it still is due to being half human)? Also, Over time, we will have several different Kryptonians to draft from, but I think it makes our game more interesting if we can make each one distinctly unique, and one way to do that is with the powers as seen here, but also with points. If I want a Kryptonian Power House, but I don't have the points to do so, it sure would be cool to be able to draft a weaker Kryptonian in Superboy. :2cents:

Spidey'tilIDie August 6th, 2011 04:17 AM

Based on the fact the new set just released pics of a new Cyborg Supes and a Doomsday in containment suit, I am REALLY confident we will get a new Steel and an original costume Superboy in this set, Leather Jacket and all!

Griffin August 6th, 2011 04:52 AM

I agree. With that said, I am not sure which of the 3 figures I will use.

Good Pig August 6th, 2011 09:52 AM

With Titan Protector is he pulling them in with Telekinesis? I'm not understanding the last part of the power:

Quote:

If the defending figure is a Titan or Sidekick, after placing one wound marker on this card, you may place the defending figure adjacent to Superboy.

Griffin August 6th, 2011 02:24 PM

The power is kinda like Heroic duty just more streamlined and hopefully more useful. He is flying over, defending for the attack, picking up the allie, and flying them away.

Griffin August 7th, 2011 09:20 AM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Superboy

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 240
- Give a brief overview. He is very comparable to C3G Captain America. He hast similar stats and powers.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Give a brief overview. Too easy of a fight for SB as his K DNA really worked against the Hawkmen
Map: Custom
Units: SB vs Hawkmen x2 +1
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .
- What should be the unit's point value? 250
- Give a brief overview. SB engaged a lot at once with his speed, but one got away to take height, and that one really helped.
Units: SB vs SHIELD Agents x2 +1
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. He wasn't able to do much, but he did push Grundy over the edge and he did help Superman block off Doomsday on both sides of the bridge so that Grundy couldn't come back.
Units: Superboy, Superman I, and Supergirl vs Doomsday, Darkseid, and Grundy
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. He did well in saving one ally once and also putting the beat down on Gorilla Grodd.
Units: Superboy, Robin, Speedy, and Alfred - VS - Gorilla Grodd, Docotor Light, Chronos, and Fire Ant x1
Spoiler Alert!